• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gateway to Ruin! (604)

BM14murph

Master Collector
Totally.

"Saturn, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Pluto, but we'll never get a monkey to use dental floss."
"No, you imbecile. Tonight is the night when we shall try to take over the world!"

Back to discussing the actual episode, I really did think that Shellos's little feet prancing was adorable (although I'm having a hard time believing the gang struggled to catch up to it). I have a Blue Shellos plushie on my shelf, but now I kinda want the pink one. Curse you, writers. Charming me with your devious critters and making me fund your evil operations.

You are seriously one funny dude or dudette lol glad to see your a mod now ;)

Surprisingly i really liked dis episode

East seas shellos appearing at the very start woo
Shame bout west one getting the centre focus though
Super Piplup earns his cape by saving shellos
Saturn and pluto lovely to see lol.....pluto actually talked my god
Looker kicking *** wat a guy
Seviper and wobbufett are the only TR poke to appear since uxies shadow iirc.....makes ya wonder what the heck mime jr is up to
Toxicroak rocksmashing away

I'm pretty sure that that was the entrance to spear pillar if anyone's wondering and if anyone thinks the same??

V Faction

www.faction.com
Figured I'd share the love over here.

[img139]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6293/firsttheworld.jpg[/img139]

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
They're Bluey, they're Bluey and the Shades(shades shades shades shades)

Back to discussing the actual episode, I really did think that Shellos's little feet prancing was adorable (although I'm having a hard time believing the gang struggled to catch up to it).
Obviously Shellos' cutetational field was warping spacetime so that they took much longer to cover that distance than they really should have. Honestly, Shellos' cuteness scares me because I keep forgetting that it's cute despite finding it the most adorable thing ever whenever it pops up. How is a little slug thing cute in the first place?

I still don't get the ultra importance of making sure the pink one was on the right side of the mountain. Maybe everyone's terrified that the two colors will interbreed and we'll get purple Shellos with a mix of the things on each color's head. Which would be Very Bad, because that would set us down a dark road of people demanding creepy/obsessive amounts of detail in the games' breeding/offspring system. (well, more than some people already are)

STICKTOPIA

I learned something from this episode. Don't mess with Looker or he'll beat u down.

FunPika

After reading the above posts about Pluto's voice actor in Japan...I really want PUSA to get Maurice LaMarche (who plays the Brain in America) to voice the dub Pluto. :D

BCVM22

I really want PUSA to get Maurice LaMarche (who plays the Brain in America) to voice the dub Pluto. :D

They won't. LaMarche lives and works in LA; Pokémon dubs in New York. LaMarche is also a longtime, veteran voice actor, likely with salary demands too high for what the Pokémon dub has any reason to pay.

So, no.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Still we can WANT it all we like.

STICKTOPIA

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Back to discussing the actual episode, I really did think that Shellos's little feet prancing was adorable (although I'm having a hard time believing the gang struggled to catch up to it). I have a Blue Shellos plushie on my shelf, but now I kinda want the pink one. Curse you, writers. Charming me with your devious critters and making me fund your evil operations.

though the question I can't help but ask is: why was the focus on a pink Karanakushi? This is the first time they even acknowledge the blue ones exist (outside an Okido lecture), and they just skip over them? Didn't we already see enough of the pink one with Nozomi? Bleh, it's bad enough this franchise has to predominantly feature the pink one so damn much in promotional materials and even the games themselves (no in-game trainer uses blue Karanakushi/Tritodon), but can't it give the blue one just a little bit of spotlight?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Liked how we finally got some Team Galactic action.

Glad that Saturn and Charon were both involved in the mission and that Looker was there to ruin their plans.

A very exciting episode indeed. Not every day that you see the best characters all together. 9/10

It was so-so they did not even go into that door but the shellos were useless this one going to air on dec 19

halloweenghost

Pretty cool episode.. Glad the US version did not cut out Looker woopin on Galactic Tail!

poor Shellos..when it was crying all tied up.

I was hoping Crogunk was gonna come out for a rematch against the Toxicroak,... but I guess after that beatdown it got awile back....

Man i wish the writers would at least do more with Brock..

"Don't let Team Galactic Escape!" Brock just stood there.. sure pikachu a nd piplup were out of their balls and was easy to just attack but I wish brock could have at least send it something! lol

another episode not in widescreen.. if next weeks is.. I'm starting to sense a two week pattern...but We'll see :p...

Last edited:

wind21

My finals are over, so it's back to watching Pokemon episodes. Hooray!

This is an entertaining episode, although its failing is that the Team Galactic plot does not progress much. I got the feeling this would be the case when, midway through the episode, attention was placed on mini-diversions such as Team Rocket's theft of the key and Shellos' tendency to run away crying; it is a little disappointing. But that's why the Shellos plot is here as well, to make sure the episode ends with a feeling that something did get done. I liked the way the flooding of the caves was used to solve the problem of the Shellos appearing on the wrong side of Mt. Coronet, probably because I forgot it was a problem in the first place. At least the writers did not, to their credit.

Characterwise, Looker and Saturn were the best, especially Saturn, who always looked like he did not believe anything was going to come out of this.

My favorite part was when Ash and the gang observed the footprints in the cave (without Looker's special binocular thing; regular flashlights will do for our heroes), and Ash and Dawn both enthusiastically thought the people who made them would show them a way out of the caves. Brock was hesitant about the idea but quietly went along with it. And of course, the gang then ran right into Team Galactic and were tied up (Pikachu looked hilarious). Team Galactic placed Brock in the middle; and to me, it was as if they could tell which one of the three had common sense.

Meowth has been saying a funny one-liner in each episode recently.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
I missed the episode this morning but I heard that they kept all of the Japanese BGM in this episode.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
They're pronouncing Charon as "Karon"? I always thought it was pronounced as "Chairon". I still can't believe Saturn didn't just punch Charon in the face at all during the episode. Ole Pink Head was being a complete jerk (of course, I could think of a few other words to insert their too) in this episode.

Also, I think I like Looker better in the games. Dopey and hilarious is, in my opinion, better than serious and butt-kicking. Too bad he can't be dopey and butt-kicking. :p

And, on a final note:

Charon: Saturn, are you pondering what I am pondering?
Saturn: Are you pondering cheese sticks? Narf!

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
At least I found out why there are different types of Shellos, which brings me to this question: What did the shellos look like before they were separated? Yay for another Team Galactic appearance, not to mention Charon, who is voiced by none other than the current voice actor of Dr. Robotnik. Seeing as Looker is voiced by Jason Griffith, I was expecting some Sonic vs. Robotnik feelings in this episode. Who knew that Looker is that skilled in beating those grunts.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
how often do you see human on human violence that was not for a comedic effect in the show? I dunno... just that 4kids used to cut out things like misty slapping ash and such.

Who knew Looker was Bruce Lee?
Now that i said it IT MUST BE CANON! lol