• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gateway to Ruin! (604)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Mt. Coronet Ruins! Team Galactic Conspiracy!!

After saving a Shellos from being swept away by a river, Ash & Co. are travelling through Mt. Coronet when they fall in to an unstable cave. There, they discover Galactic Admins Saturn & Charon whom are looking for some ruins. However, when they get captured by Galactic, their time seems it may be cut short. Will they get out of it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

dman_dustin

I missed the very beginning before the preview, so I guess I mostly missed the blue Shellos.

As for this episode, what the heck was with everyone standing around at the end? As if it was important to let Team Galactic open the door.

It was okay, I guess I'm a little miffed that nothing exciting happened "Pokemon-wise" and Looker is awesome, looks like he got some training in fighting.

And I really like Charon's voice, it's deep and sounds kind of funny in the good way.

Twerps got tied up by Ginga Dan?! how fricken hot is that! ;O

But hm. I haven't actually watched the episode yet, but I've seen enough pictures to be satisfied.
First of all. PLUTO. <3
Saturn's faces @ Pluto.
Looker dressing up as a grunt.
Saturn just being a PMSing *****.
TWERPS TIED UP.
MARS FLASHBACK THINGY.

But there seems to be not even a little scene of Jupiter. D: Poor girl. Is she ever going to get screentime?

But woooo. It's going to take a while for the dub to come out. But whatevasss. I got my Ginga Dan love set for now. ;3

Last edited:

MiloticPrincess

loves Water pokemon
I think we're about 20 episodes away from having this air in the U.S. I can't wait, Team Galactic owns big time. :D

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
judging from the pics this episode does seem to help move galactic's plot along but other than that it doesn't seem all that exciting.

MiloticPrincess

loves Water pokemon
judging from the pics this episode does seem to help move galactic's plot along but other than that it doesn't seem all that exciting.

Pics? The ones on the episode guides of this site? They don't appear to be up on my computer though...:confused: Personally I find pretty much all the Team Galactic episodes to be exciting, they're really the only ones I watch now. I lost interest after the Hoenn saga when Ash and Brock got their voice actors replaced.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Episode wasn't that exciting but at least I saw some blue shellos, and Looker got some fighting skills plus his disguise as a Grunt was Good. Pluto's real debut was good I like his voice and Saturn was like always X3 and we got a Mars Flashback! When Jupiter is going to Appear!!!? .

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I'm not a fan of one-time animation directors working on such vital episodes as this, especially when I find better designs on a standard DeviantArt account and more lively motions on a ten-key Flash tween. I feel CG has both helped and hindered the animation ever since its introduction, but the usage here was laughably bad from the get-go with the "River of CG".

Shellos is a cute Pokemon (and I'm glad Nozomi was referenced), but its color differences probably weren't deserving of their own episode, so I didn't mind their plot being oriented into here. But Galactic is obviously what the crowd came for, and Pluto's sickly, wheezing laugh was delightful. Handsome's role was far more interesting than in his lukewarm debut, with more of his neat Inspector Gadget devices and unrealistic ninja skills.

Obviously the amount of dialogue here made some moments incomprehensible, and likewise made it less action-packed than past Galactic outings, but I'm still highly amused by the fact that anybody working for Galactic has the magical ability to summon a dozen Golbat at will. And of course, I got some blatant National Treasure 2 vibes once the cave started flooding after Galactic discovered their city of gold something. Some fair build-up here, but I still feel Galactic's story needs a bit more development before they hit their apocalypse.

MiloticPrincess

loves Water pokemon
I wonder how the whole Galactic plot's gonna turn out, since both Charon and Looker from Platinum appeared in the anime. I hope they at least have another episode with Jupiter this time before they wrap it up.

Why do I get the feeling Looker is gonna be voiced by Dan Green in the English dub? :D

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I got really upset when I find out that this wouldn't be the start of the TG arc, then got even more upset when I found out that this episode was mostly about Shellos. But I'm a bit confused now, so my question is: was this episode more about the Shellos, with a slight bit of TG activity in it? Or was it the other way around?

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-I'll be so glad when they stop shoving Look! It's Slightly Different Pichu! in our faces at the start of each ep.
-Oh look, it's the Pokemon of the Day - hilariously tacky CGI water! And the blue Shellos, as opposed to the pink ones. Why didn't the writers deal with the east/west Shellos difference back when people still cared about it, again?
-There's a pink Shellos in the river. Despite being a water Pokemon, it apparently can't swim away from the rock it's pinned against. Loser.
-Piplup goes to be a hero, then...incredibly lazy/dumb remix of High Touch! Which actually isn't that stupid, since I'm not going to have it stuck in my head every time I watch an episode anymore.
-I love how the Shellos in this ep constantly look so shocked.
-Random Nurse Joy! Horray!
-Blah blah crap about Shellos I don't care about blah.
-It's Looker! It took five minutes, but we might start seeing some plot!
-Team Galactic! Good to know the Shellos are basically being ignored, because who really cared about those things?
-Pluto's voice sounds really familiar. It might just be the "non-old man trying to sound like an old man" effect, though.
-Yawn. Twerps with Shellos again. Why is it so damned important to get it back to the "right" side, anyway? Down with segregation! Seperate is inheritently unequal!
-Piplup is incredibly wise and falls down a hole right after Dawn tells it that it's dangerous to be there.
-Then the ground breaks beneath the Twerp Squad. They're plummeting towards the plot, I hope.
-Saturn doesn't seem happy with something. Pluto still sounds really familiar.
-Something about Shellos blithely wandering off right after everyone falls down into a cave is just adorable. I think it's the tiny feet.
-Shellos leads Team Twerp directly to Team Galactic. Good boy!
-Saturn conveniently has a bright light behind him for his reaction shot
-Oh hey, TG seems to have figured something out:When do-gooders get in your way, beating up the people saves you more trouble than dealing with their Pokemon. At least that's what I assume all those grunts are doing with metal pipes/bars in their hands.
-During the commercial break, the twerps apparently did not resist at all and were tied up without a fuss. I do hope those ropes are electricity-proof, or else there's nothing really stopping Pikachu from shocking things.
-Shellos starts crying, Suspiciously Shadowy Grunt is sent over to shut it up, and Saturn seems to notice Team Rocket(although, as usual, he doesn't say anything about it).
-Looker Suspiciously Shadowy Grunt pretends to be dealing with the Twerp Troop harshly while he secretly acts nice to them and helps them out a bit.
-Goddammit would somebody find out who Pluto's VA is because his voice is seriously sounding way too familiar and I want to find out if it's a VA I've heard elsewhere or if I'm just being fooled by Generic Old Man Voice.
-Pluto wisely explains what they're planning to do with the Spear Key to a random (Supiciously Shadowy) grunt. Because...because.
-I'm digging the blatent overuse of CGI to show that box opening. It shows such class. The animators really do care!
-Looker has a Crowning Moment of Awesome as he rips off his diguise. He also proves to be remarkably agile for someone who's at least middle-aged.
-Looker sends the kids off to handle the crybaby Pokemon while the adults have a "discussion."
-TR decides that now is a good time to try to swipe the Spear Key. And hey, Seviper! When's the last time that got any action?
-It would be so awesome if TR foiled TG's plot by getting away with the key instead of stopping to brag, but nooooo. And of course, JJ&M forget one crucial fact:Team Galactic has an endless supply of Golbat.
-HELL YEAH LOOKER. (not shown:Him backflipping onto a cliff above the Galactics)
-Suddenly, the TG-dowsing-rod-mabob reacts to something!
-Why yes Saturn, it does make perfect sense to have Toxicroak jab out the rock instead of using something more intuitive for the job.
-It's random ruins embedded in a wall? I never saw that coming!
-It's apparently just the door to something. Zzz.
-Pluto makes a big show of using the key, and...nothing happens. Bahahaha! Needless to say, Saturn is not pleased.
-TG bails, but not before making sure Looker has enough Golbat around to prevent him from doing anything.
-Ash Ketchum and the Twerps fight off the Golbat, then...the room starts flooding, and fast! Luckily Looker has an inflatable raft with him, because all police busts of criminal syndicates involve flooding somewhere.
-The ep ends with Shellos reuniting with its like-colored neighbors, further aggravating the problem of Pink Flight from predominately blue inner-city neighborhoods.

Speed edit:Aha! Pluto sounded so damned familiar to me(to the point I went "seriously, he sounds EXACTLY like this other character, what the hell") because...his VA also voices the guy I thought he sounded exactly like:professor Agasa from Detective Conan. I see he believes in using a distinct variety of old man voices.

Last edited:

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
Now it's obvious why Looker doesn't need any pokemon, with a OHKO mega punch like that! What a backflip aswell. Looks like Ash & co should just sit back and let Looker sort out the Team Galactic arc by himself.

Cobalt_Latios

Now it's obvious why Looker doesn't need any pokemon, with a OHKO mega punch like that! What a backflip aswell. Looks like Ash & co should just sit back and let Looker sort out the Team Galactic arc by himself.
Despite how awesome it could be, do you really want him to get all that credit? I mean, really?

*C_L*

MiloticPrincess

loves Water pokemon
I seen the screenshots in this episode FINALLY. It looks like Saturn doesn't like Charon very much...*whips out kitty claws* MEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!....wait, that's not really a manly thing, but you get the point, lol.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the English dub of this episode. Too bad it's like 20 episodes away though.

And I gotta laugh though...Charon looks like the shortest human in this episode.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Speed edit:Aha! Pluto sounded so damned familiar to me(to the point I went "seriously, he sounds EXACTLY like this other character, what the hell") because...his VA also voices the guy I thought he sounded exactly like:professor Agasa from Detective Conan. I see he believes in using a distinct variety of old man voices.

I looked him up. He's also The Brain from the Japanese dub of Pinky and the Brain.

All of a sudden, the universe makes sense.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I looked him up. He's also The Brain from the Japanese dub of Pinky and the Brain.

All of a sudden, the universe makes sense.
Totally.

"Saturn, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Pluto, but we'll never get a monkey to use dental floss."
"No, you imbecile. Tonight is the night when we shall try to take over the world!"

Back to discussing the actual episode, I really did think that Shellos's little feet prancing was adorable (although I'm having a hard time believing the gang struggled to catch up to it). I have a Blue Shellos plushie on my shelf, but now I kinda want the pink one. Curse you, writers. Charming me with your devious critters and making me fund your evil operations.