1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gathering the Gang of Four! (465)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Battle Frontier' started by Serebii, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

First Pokémon! Last Battle!

It's time for Ash's 2nd Rematch against Brandon, a full 4 VS 4 Pokémon Battle. Calling upon his oldest Pokémon; Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard & Squirtle, Ash trains the four and prepares for the battle. However when he gets into the battle, the battle appears to be tougher than anticipated...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Akaba

Akaba L Kickin' the Noise

Wha'...I was hoping for some detail on the episode...

Anyays, how is it a bad title?

When you think 'First Pokemon' the Kanto trio comes to mind. Pidgeot and Butterfree have long been forgotten by MANY fans across the Kanto and Kansai regions of Japan.

3. Yeah but Butterfree and Pidgeot may have been his first Pokemon but really his first four main Pokemon that stayed on and did important things where Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard and Pikachu.

Well also this Dusclops seems to take out Charizard, good on Brandon.

4. The Missing Number

The Missing Number Well-Known Member

Yeah. So, after that, Charizard and the others come...I think a good thing that could happen is that they get caught by team Rocket, and then Pidgeot and Butterfree come to help...that could bring the entire oldest team together...^_^

5. Akaba

Butterfree and Pidgeot won't show up...

They probably forgot Satoshi. Butterfree is with his breeding partner somewhere with their thousand babies and Pidgeot is still probably protecting those weak Pidgey...

For the last...3 years...or 6 years...or since Satoshi doens't seem to age, Pidgeot could of just been there for an hour.

6. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

That would be strange yet funny.

I don;t get that whole Pidgeot thing. Since he left it on the boarders of Pallet town so surly he must still see it araound. Or he could have left it at Oaks and let it fly off and check on the Pidgey once in a while. Strange.

Anyways back on topic if its a 4 on 4 battle whats all this stuff about Ninijasks and Solrocks? I thought It was the 3 Regis and Dusclops vs Ash "1RST BY Deafult" team.

7. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

That was people guessing. Brandon only uses one Regi in this battle, but we don't see those until the next episode

8. Akaba

The Regi thing was total speculation.

You know, as the Regi's were shown, it just seemed like a no-brainer that Jindai would use his strongest monsters...

Guessed the writers actually made something unpredictable...and then having Charizard lose?

Wow, now that is what I call some crazy mojo from the writers. We really might have Satoshi and Haruka leaving...letting Takeshi be the lead star.

9. Gaiash

Gaiash Champion Scientist

This episode looks like it's going to be my favorate episode. I've seen some screenshots and it is just incredible. This is the trio I wanted to see return in Advanced Generation. Bulbasaur, Charizard and Squirtle together again.

10. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Charizard going down to Dusclops was both unpredictable and great writing. After seeing Charizard come back as the main Pokemon in the Clair, Gary, Harrison, and Noland battles, it was FANTASTIC to see the writers have Ash's trump card go down first.

I love you writers, it is stuff like this which is truly good writing. Plus it gives more time for Squirtle to shine, dammit!

I am very pleased with how the final battle is turning out so far, I hope the next part is very good!

11. Flamez

Flamez Elite 4 Champion

Havent seen the episode yet but after seeing the pics I can honestly say this looks to be a great episode. Ash, Pikachu, and the kanto trio getting to spend some time together is awesome. The flashbacks of how ash met them seems to be really nice. Cant wait to see the episode.

Charizard going down was really unexpected, I was thinking it would get destiny bonded but that didnt happen. O well that doesnt make charizard weak or anything, dusclops was just stronger.

12. Gaiash

It seems Bulbasaur and Squirtle have surpassed Charizard.

13. Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Haunter Hunter Sohrab Johto Champion

Wow, I saw the pics and this is an amazing episode. Had some nice comedy moments and some good flashbacks.

I found it funny where Charizard couldn't control his flames. Seems like kind of an emotional episode. I'm gonna have to watch this one for sure. The way Charizard went down, kinda hard to see after all he did.

The animation kinda irked me though. Poor Charizard he just didnn't look right and same with Ash.

14. Gaiash

Seeing Bulbasaur standing on two legs was kinda cool.

15. Flamez

Flamez Elite 4 Champion

How the hell do you come to that logic?

16. Am I the only one who thinks these flashbacks of old episodes drawn like in new style look sort of out of place? Apart from the fact they risk continuity if they mess something up but whatever, not like the writters care abou contunity.

Charizard did well though, but it has been asking for a loss for a while after taking down Articuno, you know, its just like make me lose because I beat a legendary. Well thats how I see it.

Torkoal kicking a football was cooler than Bulbsaur standing [/bias]

17. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Anyone notice the error in the one flashback.

Charizard battled Articuno in an open, barren field?

18. Gaiash

Charizard loses to Dusclops
    Bulbasaur is most likely going to beat Dusclops
    Squirtle will defeat whatever beats Bulbasaur

I also said seems

19. hustenapfel

hustenapfel Well-Known Member

Charizard looks weird,doesn´t it?

20. Gaiash

Nah, Charizard looks great.