• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gathering the Gang of Four! (465)

vappy

Manga Blows
It was a good ep. And some of you are being way too whiney about the animation.

greatfire

Rainbow Trainer
^^ I think the attack is Dragon Breath not Dragon Rage.
When Charizard snaps out of the confusion and hits dusclops with dragon breath and gets hit with will-o-wisp Im almost certain that both pokemon are breathing heavy. They both show there tiredness.

You are right, is Dragonbreath (ryu no ibuki) not Dragon Rage (ryu no ikari) my mistake.
And yes, both were tired at that point, but what is relevant is that Blaze was not triggered.
It is the same as to point when Charizard is Flying and when it is not, it is not relevant because Dusclops never used a Ground move.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Yeah but Blaze has never been triggered before. The only thing we've seen so far is grovyle using Over grow which was back in the petalburg gym battle. If Charizard has used blaze then probably it would've won and the writers wanted it to lose. I've seen the episode and honestly charizard could've won and trust me I dont say that because charizard is one of my favorite pokemon. Brandon had a very good strategy, using mean look and confusing charizard were great, not to mention using detect. But still with all of that being used Charizard snapped out of confusion and was ready for more. I see it like this two attacks from charizard left dusclops breathing heavy while it took dusclops 4 attacks to get charizard breathin heavy.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Quickfire talkback!

- Okay, this newbie animation team totally fails with facial expressions.
- Finally, some Squirtle/Squirtle action. Classic Squirtle meets Loathed Squirtle.
- Ash: "Let's go build a fort!"
- Ow, poor Squirtle. BTW, we don't hear the Elite 4 theme enough in this series.
- It's like Pikachu just magically floated into the air.
- Yay, Battle Frontier Ballad.
- That's not the Battle Factory!
- This cooling-metal technique would be neat if it weren't done so many damn times before.
- TR's appearance alone justifies the need to fire this animation team.
- The mural's back. Victory for continuity.
- This is Dusclops' redemption for the Verdanturf contest.
- Is that Curse?
- Wow, flashback to Harrison battle?
- Thanks for reminding me how much I hated the Advance Adventure theme.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
S.Suikun said:
Thanks for reminding me how much I hated the Advance Adventure theme.
I love that theme personaly. *Still searching for MP3 of vertion used in battles*

CassSept

Animation was horrible, even since preview i was like "WTF, whats with charizard`s eyes".
Anyway, battle was excellent. Even tough i knew charizard lost, i still was very surprised by HOW Jindai defeated him... and well, that was real class :)

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
Horrible Animation? Well, eh - is the art team new or is it one of the low on the scale teams?

And I haven't seen it yet...Sadly.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I don't think the animation was horrible though it did look like fanart colored by the animators. Good fanart though, despite what some might think.

[IMG139]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/Dreamcoat/wtf-1.jpg[/IMG139]

Someone please tell me that I'm not the only one who have noticed how screwed up the animation is starting to be at certain points =/.

Uh...Okay...Theres not much I can say about this...besides....=/
The animation is getting weirder and weirder..

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
Hahahahahaha, Charizard looks like he came from the Godfather in that pic. His eyes and brow just make it look like it. And the Squirtle...one isn't THAT bad...

I need to see this episode, but I can't find this one this week. Ah, too bad for Akaba.

Feity

Storm Trainer
blech, the characters were drawn teribly. But this episode redeemed itself with its kickass plot and battles, plus the ballad version of Battle Frontier. What the heck was that music in the latter part of their battle with Team Rocket? I liked how they hung up Ash's FIGHT poster during his battle with Brendon. Will add more to my post as I finish watching. <_<

Last edited:

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
In that picture he looks totally Chinese drawn, kinda like if Takeshi opened his eyes, all slitty and stuff.

Still, the animation must be hilarious.

rocky505

well i wish they would put the pictures on anyway im betting charizard might bearly win and then he faints and so on.

Geodude

No, Charizard lost to Dusclops.

Terrible animation in every part of the episode, except for the battle at the end, at least that was my first impression. The battle at the end had average animation, the rest was just pathetic. Getting past that (which we should be by now, repeated whining and complaining just gets annoying), the rest of the ep was great. Ash seeing the need to bond with his Pokemon again, especially since he brought back three this time instead of just one, was great. And seeing them get into a bit of a fight was fun too. I knew it wouldn't last though, those Pokemon have known each other for too long.

I have to give Charizard credit where it's due; that was a good fight. It fought hard and nearly beat Dusclops, and the both of them were exhausted anyhow. Dusclops didn't thrash Charizard completely, they both duked it out impressively.

If we had writing like this all the time, Charizard would be so so so much more tolerable =/ As it stands, though, this is a nice change, and it keeps Charizard from being overly-showcased. Congrats to the writers =)

?*V Tsun*?
The 8th Champion

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
Yeah, good job by the writers. They have actually surprised the Pokemon community. Not all three Regi's in one battle...Charizard losing to...Wha'? A DUSCLOPS?! And now,

We all wait for it...

Bulbasaur kills Dusclops and shows us,

Bulbasaur > Charizard.

were can i watch the video!!

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Azami falling for Brock/Pewter Gym in peril
May's two main rivals heading off to Johto
And now Ash being offered a Brain position?

Man, if the writers wanted to totally get rid of the main cast, they REALLY could right now.

Other than that, the peisode was actually very good. The training was hilarious. Not to mention I did find myself getting a little choked up when Pikachu, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle had a little group hug. Awwww. Charizard being beaten was amazing. Loves it. What I didn't love was the animation. Honestly, it was just shameful this episode. Who did it?