• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians Discussion Thread

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Not necessarily, Monster. The guy had a bad leg and being crippled in Greek eyes was also ugly.

Most of the sources I read describe his looks. >.<

Regardless, he doesn't have to be hideous, just not "Visual Perfection like the other gods." The other gods probably have ridiculously high standards of beauty (Aphrodite especially) and he... doesn't. xD

Firebrand

Indomitable
I'm with Mon on this one. Even in iterations where Hephaestus does have a bit of the Olympian good looks, he still has a very disheveled appearance (scraggly beard, matted hair, soot on his arms and face, etc.) and quite frequently he's described as disfigured, not just crippled, from his fall.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
This is where I got it from:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/ClassicalMythologyOlympians

Bunch of interesting stuff to learn there.

I love how Athena and Aphrodite get the Tomboy and Girly girl trope. xD Does this make Claudia and Andre Masculine Girl Feminine Boy? xD

Heck, Andre was one of the most frightening ones there.

I'm glad someone noticed. xD

For the record, Andre is in the limo with Jean's characters, and I'm waiting for her to post before I go.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
I'm not quite sure about what's going on (headache + ADHD = no concentration no how). Could someone summarize for me?

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
We're magically at Olympus, the gods give us the info on the artifacts (but somewhat anbiguous locations), DietDrPepsi tried to strike up a friendship with Claudia (who was a being a jerk as usual), Finns all like, "helllloooooo Claudy-Cakes!," she gets pissed and BulletTime slashes his leg, tased him, and almost kills him, Athena's all like, "Whoa there," Finn is like, "Ha! I win!" And Claudia just facepalms.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I love how Athena and Aphrodite get the Tomboy and Girly girl trope. xD Does this make Claudia and Andre Masculine Girl Feminine Boy? xD

A little bit, but I'm not sure if I'd describe Claudia as terribly masculine. She's still in touch with her femininity, albeit she's safely in the b*tch category of the virgin/sl*t/wife/b*tch quadrangle. Although to be fair, Athena in some classical myths identified as a man (as in, her sex was female but she considered herself as much a man as anyone). Modern readings of that have led her to have something of a feminist bent, when it's really quite the opposite. Athena tried to rise above her femininity and become something akin to the perfection of both genders in equal measure.

I'm not quite sure about what's going on (headache + ADHD = no concentration no how). Could someone summarize for me?

We're all magically transported to Olympus, Claudia calls out the gods, some mingling, Finn gets on Claudia's last nerve, Claudia snaps, Finn snaps. RealMr.Game and I are working out some weird inconsistencies in his post via VM. He said he took Claudia's taser and knife, which doesn't really make sense. Master pickpocket aside, and I'm willing to give him the taser, barely, she still has the knife in hand by the end of my post, so there's no way he could have absconded with it.

Last edited:

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
In any case, I've fixed that little knife issue. Now Finn has a pocketful of broken taser. IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED? IS IT? I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY! ... I hope dear little Finn doesn't piss off Athena too much. Maybe a little bit, but not too much. What do you think FireB?

DVB

Philosopher Knight
The champions will have other probs besides each other. Meanwhile, I am waiting to see if everyone posted in Olympus. Not sure if people like Corrosion or Monster Guy did already so I am still waiting.

I'll say this though. Diego is intelligent and the only champion of the Big Three. You thought Claudia's outburst was intense, you ain't seen nothing yet...

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
The champions will have other probs besides each other. Meanwhile, I am waiting to see if everyone posted in Olympus. Not sure if people like Corrosion or Monster Guy did already so I am still waiting.

I'll say this though. Diego is intelligent and the only champion of the Big Three. You thought Claudia's outburst was intense, you ain't seen nothing yet...

I haven't yet posted because finals ended yesterday and today was my recovery day. I'll post sometime today or tomorrow.

Uh...you forgot about Morgan (their plan is working, lol). Their rampage will bring down the heavens (quite literally).

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Ah true, but never underestimate the Game Master (MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
I like the point that Schade made that, if one were to consider the true nature of Claudia's Bullet Time, it would be a much easier step to devise a counter for it. I think the point that I was trying to (not very subtly) make was that Finn had kinda figured it out, and that his speed powers actually worked as an effective balancer of the scales in terms of relative time. In theory, if Finn was moving pretty fast, he should at least be able to see Claudia's actions more clearly (however slightly), allowing him to react better. I also like Schade's idea of making the body itself a countermeasure. U 1 smart dewd

Schade

Metallic Wonder
lol, thanks. There's not much to work With here, so there's not much dialogue from my character yet. I kinda feel sorry for Finn.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Give me a while, may post today or tomorrow. XD I'm juggling school, RPing and Altador Cup, hehehe. XD

Firebrand

Indomitable
Well yeah. I mean my whole idea for Claudia's power set was that she wouldn't have the flashy powers the other champions would. Bullet Time was actually intended more as a defensive countermeasure than an offensive one. Claudia needs to use her wits and knowledge of human physiology moreso than her fantastic powers like the other champions would rely on.

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
But she ends up abusing Bullet Time (and Finn) instead. :p

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I really dislike Bullet time. lol
There are not many effective ways to Counter it, imo.

Last edited:

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
Yeah, but I tried as hard as possible to not let it influence my character too much. It seemed a bit too different from the actual myths for my taste, although I really do like the books.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
My brother has. I really haven't much. On the meanwhile, once a few more people update, we'll move forward with the search and the first of the bit of conflict.