• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GB Sounds glitch!

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I tried it, but it didn't work.

Grei

not the color
I tried it, but it didn't work.

Make sure you're in Route 20 when you turn the GB sounds on, move back to Cinnabar (stay in the water), and turn off GB sounds. While you're still in the water, turning off GB sounds should turn music off entirely. Once you go back on land, music will resume.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Been there, done that. Didn't work.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I think I've heard about this, actually. Something about there being two available songs tracks while you're surfing (the surfing theme and the route theme) prevents the game from restarting the music properly once you turn off the GB sounds.

Kalosian

So long
Tried it, but it didn't work the first time. Might have been because I ran into a wild Tentacool before turning off the GB sounds after returning to Cinnabar. I tried it once more using a Repel, and it worked. A very strange glitch, never heard of anything similar to this before. But I have always had the feeling that HG/SS are a lot more glitchy than D/P/P, I'm not extremely surprised to see something like this.

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
I think I've heard about this, actually. Something about there being two available songs tracks while you're surfing (the surfing theme and the route theme) prevents the game from restarting the music properly once you turn off the GB sounds.

I can swear that there was no info on the entire Internet about this before I reported the glitch: now it is everywhere, because of me. Oh yeah, I have also posted that info here.

Last edited:

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
wow thats cool! I gotta try that!! :D nice discovery, TheOriginalOne!

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
Well, I apologize you all if now you can't find info about it on that wiki: there's just someone who keeps deleting that.

Ah yeah, some of you asked for a video... I'm gonna try to make one after I get through the fact that my computer can't detect any sounds. Be patient.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I just tried this on my HeartGold, and it worked! (I think I first turned my GB sounds on when I was still in Cinnabar, though).

Really cool discovery, never knew about this before.

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
(I think I first turned my GB sounds on when I was still in Cinnabar, though).

Yeah, at the beggining I could also swear it was like that, but then I understood I had to turn it on in Route 20, and edited my first post. Coincidence?

Lucariolover22

Aura Master
It is an interesting glitch. Just tried it myself, always Cinnabar Island :)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Took the Schmuck Bait, but had to do it twice, I messed up the first time.

But wow, that's strange. It only works on Cinnabar Island, though... once I went into the Pokémon Center, the music came back. Hmm...

I thought there weren't anymore glitches in the newer games... shows how much I know about games.

Cinnabar Island has a dark secret. What are the game developers trying to tell us?!

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
I thought there weren't anymore glitches in the newer games... shows how much I know about games.

OK, if you want to know about more glitches from the recent versions, just go here , or here .

Last edited:

Cremia

It's a small world..
Why is Cinnabar Island soooo creepy with glitches and whatnot? haha :)

anyways, that's pretty cool. Maybe I'll try this out

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I tried the glitch. I wasn't very impressed, though. You can already walk around in silence when you arrive at Bellchime Trail, so this glitch seems redundant. Still, I guess it's cool that Cinnabar Island once again plays a role in activating a glitch.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
It worked indeed for me. Quite creepy, so I listened to my Pokémon's crys before making the music work again. The second time I tried it, it didn't work?

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
NEWS ABOUT THIS GLITCH (edited since posted):

- It got officially recognized on Bulbapedia, so it is posted there again! Now, don't start saying that I didn't discover the glitch because the editing history says it was started by SnorlaxMonster. It's because he is the one who I had to make recognize my glitch. As soon as he recognized he posted there for me. Then I made some changes. You can actually read our discussion here;

- Now I think I know why are some of you unable to repeat it! If you use the GB Sounds as a registered item, it won't result, so that you have to turn it on by opening the bag. Good Luck this time!

Last edited: