• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GDE's palette thread :O

Yami Ryu

shaunybug

KAZAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!
now now GDE, dont be hating yami because she gives you some good, honest crit.
i do have to agree with her though, angels normally get shown with a slight glow and with a slight coloration of a foggy yellow, not a bright yellow c:' OR, a foggy blue ':B

GDE

Palette Professor
I'll listen to you shauny <3
ok uh..... by "foggy" do you mean slighty gray?
and also, remember
angel =/= angelic :3
you can be angelic but not an angel u know o.o
I always consider angelic people to shine out in a crowd :3
that's why I used bright colors

Last edited:

GDE

Palette Professor
New Palette: Foundry
furnace_palette1026092070-iaza.gif

I like this palette :D
Examples:
Copy__12__of_sploosh6354390627-iaza.gif
Copy__16__of_sploosh5002160526-iaza.gif

Updated list of Starmies:
starmies3353942020-iaza.gif

Rapid Distortion!

Amateur Philosopher
Very nice work here... I've never actually seen Palettes in this magnitude before, and so I have no right to give legit critique. I really like the recent ones.

I do have a comment though, On the starmie's that make up the first post - you have looooads of stray pixels around their outlines. lol sorry, stuff like that just really bothers me. Keep it up, I lovvvveee colors and these are really good.

GDE

Palette Professor
I know about the stray pizels, it bothers me too <.<
I'll try to fix it when I finish the next palette which will end line 7!!!!
WOOOO 7 LINES!!!
also.....
I was testing the foundry palette on things outside the pokemon world......
OMG IT'S TAILS!!!!! :D
tails2133210455-iaza.gif

dragonzrule

<- Currently Hunting
Thats pretty cool. The palette goes well with it. You should probably give a link to the original picture so it isn't considered stolen

Drei

Rockman Fanatic
IMPORTANT: My brother and I have copyrights over these palettes, you may only use them with my permission, any stealing of the palettes will not be permitted. Don't worry, I won't attack you if you make a similar palette.

Ya, no. These are just rearranged sets of colours. You can't have any copyright over them.

Work on the contrast on some of them, like the gems and the third row.

They are not bad but you should make the palettes represent something. Most are just a bunch of random colors. The only palette that is well done is the one in your sig. It has a very old looking theme. There are a few more up there that are very nice palettes but most are too bright.

GDE

Palette Professor
Ya, no. These are just rearranged sets of colours. You can't have any copyright over them.

I beg to differ :|

P.S.
Wewtz
all_here6016124860-iaza.gif

Yami Ryu

Well actually given the fact that people probably can come up with nearly the same exact color sets, color sets really can't be copyrighted. The Names for them can- and possibly maybe the 'exact colors used' but in general? You really can't claim this is mine you stole blah cause in the end it's just colors, not art.

And er wtg dragonzrule- if its from spriting resources like what GDE took from, he doesn't HAVE to link, because he's NOT saying HE made them, so how about less minimodding and more with the helping of people?

Tbh the Sonic gang really doesn't look good in this color palatte you're using, mostly because of yellowz eyez. Sonic actually looks a little decent grey and orange- but with all the yellow it somewhat takes away and is very distracting with the soft grey and the dark orange because all a sudden there's so much BRIGHT YELLOW EVERYWHERE. It's very eye grabbing and very distracting from the overall palatte and how you used it.

GDE

Palette Professor
Well actually given the fact that people probably can come up with nearly the same exact color sets, color sets really can't be copyrighted. The Names for them can- and possibly maybe the 'exact colors used' but in general? You really can't claim this is mine you stole blah cause in the end it's just colors, not art.
yes it is the exact colors used that I am copyrighting :U

Tbh the Sonic gang really doesn't look good in this color palatte you're using, mostly because of yellowz eyez. Sonic actually looks a little decent grey and orange- but with all the yellow it somewhat takes away and is very distracting with the soft grey and the dark orange because all a sudden there's so much BRIGHT YELLOW EVERYWHERE. It's very eye grabbing and very distracting from the overall palatte and how you used it.
lol, the yellow is supposed to be distracting, that's the whole point O.O

Yami Ryu

Er you're not really understanding. A distracting item in an object you are trying to get people to appraise is not really always a good thing.

AKA: I'm trying to focus on the overall sprite/color used. Then I keep finding myself staring at a glove. A shoe. An eye. Because of the ammount of yellow used, and concentraited in one place.

The Chao has a balanced ammount used- but with how you used it on the rest of the gang, and the concentration on the left side, it creates a lopsided 'bright spot' that makes it hard to focus on the other sprites.

That is what I mean.

GDE

Palette Professor
New Palette: Ghostly
ghost_palette4526379555-iaza.gif

Examples:
ghost4476377138-iaza.gif

Copy_of_ghost9149150890-iaza.gif

Updated list of palettes:
palettes76.png

Gym_Leader_Scott

Psychic Gym Leader
That was a good idea to have the palettes like the way you did them just now, instead of on Starmies.

GDE

Palette Professor
y thank u :3
do you like the new palette?

Gym_Leader_Scott

Psychic Gym Leader
It's okay. Oh, by the way, you should edit your post where you have your palettes and put down the names of all the palettes, so people know which is which.

GDE

Palette Professor
watchoo' talkin' about?
it says the names of the palettes below them o_O