• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gears 2 VS Resistance 2 Popularity Battle

GOW 2 VS RESISTANCE 2

• GOW 2!!!!!!!

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Resistance 2!!!!!!

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Neither I Hate Them Both!!!!!!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • They Both Rock!!!!!!!

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Maiden

Orange Powah Trainer
Mah brothers buy Gears of War yesterday... the game is AWESOME.

I think Gears of Wars is much better than Resistance. So my vote is for it.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Gears Of War, Not really a contest

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
They're not even the same genre.

True, people just mash the gorey, gritty shooters together.

Still, I feel inclined to say that you 360-heads need to look at the sheer vast amazingness that is R2.

Cobalt_Latios

They're not even the same genre.
What the... really?

I thought they were both FPSs...

Wait, isn't Gears of War 2 a Third Person Shooter while Resistance 2 is the FPS?

~C_L~

It's hard to Compare a FPS to a TPS.

Anyway, never got around to buying GOW, but I will buy GOW 2. (Sort of like what I did with Halo 3.) I can't truely say until Gears of War 2 is in my 360, but as of now, I'm leaning to Resistance 2.

Last edited:
and your oppinion is valid how? i want you to give me 3 reasons why gears is better than resistance

Well for starters gears of war 1 and 2
Has the chainsaw while resistance 1 and 2
does not. Next the engine that gears 1 and 2
run on the unreal engine while resistance
does not and resistance has no heavy blood
while gears does

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
Well for starters gears of war 1 and 2
Has the chainsaw while resistance 1 and 2
does not. Next the engine that gears 1 and 2
run on the unreal engine while resistance
does not and resistance has no heavy blood
while gears does

You do realise that none of those are reasons, right? They're all opinions. And whilst a chainsaw gun is an awesome thing, just because the game has it doesn't automatically make it better than R2.

That's like saying that if you add chainsaws to connect 4, it becomes better than Hungry Hungry Hippos, which just isn't true. Course, if you add chainsaws to Hungry Hungry Hippos, you create the greatest thing ever.

I really should stop looking in my wardrobe for inspiration. Anyways, on topic, Gears is probably more popular, perhaps down to hype and what not. As to which one is better, there's only one way to find out...

fhqwhgads

That's like saying that if you add chainsaws to connect 4, it becomes better than Hungry Hungry Hippos, which just isn't true. Course, if you add chainsaws to Hungry Hungry Hippos, you create the greatest thing ever.
Epic quote is epic.
You do realize that none of those are reasons, right? They're all opinions. And whilst a chainsaw gun is an awesome thing, just because the game has it doesn't automatically make it better than R2.
Yeah, otherwise RE4 would have been a good game. :/

mrdurp4

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!

You do realise that none of those are reasons, right? They're all opinions. And whilst a chainsaw gun is an awesome thing, just because the game has it doesn't automatically make it better than R2.

thank you for agreeing with me man. at least someone is smart around here

are you kidding me. adding a chainsaw to anything makes it better. wouldent you think its awesome to tape a chainsaw to a chainsaw (thats like 2 times the awesome. your head will xplode)

I really should stop looking in my wardrobe for inspiration. Anyways, on topic, Gears is probably more popular, perhaps down to hype and what not. As to which one is better, there's only one way to find out...

thats the best place to look for any form of insperation. and a little note to all the "kids" here. dont knock it till you try it

Im not talking about the genres im talking about the popularity. Which one do u think is more popular?

Cyan

Mortal
Both are equal in popularity.

Though Gears has a chainsaw on the gun. That is awesome.