• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gears-Halo debate- why?

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
my sig says it all. plus this just to extend on it:

What’s up with the Gears-Halo debate? They’re both great franchises owned by Microsoft. Major differences include:

• Halo- Story-based, realistic weapons and vehicles(Human at the most), space travel, in-depth lore, whiny leathernecks who find hope in a guy wearing green plating over black spandex, overzealous coalition of technologically superior aliens, parasites/ space zombies and flying robots with lasers, 6 books, 5 comics, action figures

• Gears of War- Gameplay-based, realistic violence, realistic combat, original bayonet, pottymouth ruffians obsessed with chainsawing the dirt-eating aliens and their pets, 1 book

MY OPINION: IT’S NOT RIGHT TO COMPARE THEM. SAYING ONE IS GREATER THAN THE OTHER IS JUST A MATTER OF OPINION (SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT THEIR OPINION OF THEIR FAVORITE IS A FACT AND IT CAN’T BE CHANGED THROUGH SCIENCE, COMPETITION OR GOD). IT WOULD BE RIGHT TO COMPARE HALO TO STAR WARS OR STARCRAFT AND GEARS TO QUAKE OR EVEN LOST PLANET.

Last edited:

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
my sig says it all. plus this just to extend on it:

What’s up with the Gears-Halo debate? They’re both great franchises owned by Microsoft. Major differences include:

• Halo- Story-based, realistic weapons and vehicles(Human at the most), space travel, in-depth lore, whiny leathernecks who find hope in a guy wearing green plating over black spandex, overzealous coalition of technologically superior aliens, parasites/ space zombies and flying robots with lasers, 6 books, 5 comics, action figures

• Gears of War- Gameplay-based, realistic violence, realistic combat, original bayonet, pottymouth ruffians obsessed with chainsawing the dirt-eating aliens and their pets, 1 book

MY OPINION: IT’S NOT RIGHT TO COMPARE THEM. SAYING ONE IS GREATER THAN THE OTHER IS JUST A MATTER OF OPINION (SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT THEIR OPINION OF THEIR FAVORITE IS A FACT AND IT CAN’T BE CHANGED THROUGH SCIENCE, COMPETITION OR GOD). IT WOULD BE RIGHT TO COMPARE HALO TO STAR WARS OR STARCRAFT AND GEARS TO QUAKE OR EVEN LOST PLANET.

I don't see the need for the 'humans' reference, but whatever. GoW is simply a newer franchise. I don't see the need for debating which is better either, but everyone has a right to their opinions.

KBM117

I think that saying one is better than the other is stupid. I mean, they're both completely different games! They're not even the same genre. Halo is a 1st person shooter (and 3rd person ever since flamethrowers and turrets were useable.) and Gears of War is a 3rd person shooter. They're obviously not the same.

profpeanut

I'm not sure really; Hey, there were people comparing Halo 3 to Brawl before either came out. It's just a human tendency to compare things, especially big title and such. I, for one, could hardly care less because (no offense) Halo still plays much like other FPS titles for me, and as for the latter...

Zero Punctuation said:
And finally, a brief mention for Gears of War 2.....................................That was it.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
You're questioning why people debate whether Halo or GOW is better, when there are people arguing whether SSBB or Halo is better? Pick a cause. Besides, you're missing one major similarity:

They're both ****ing video games.

So naturally the question will arise one day asked by some moron: Which one do you like more.