• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gears of War 2 Announced

Super_Trainer

Xbox.com Site: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6186323.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Full press release:
Gears of War 2 Announced
Providing a dramatic close to Microsoft's 2008 Game Developers Conference keynote address, lead designer Cliff Bleszinski of Epic Games announced that the heroic saga of Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad will continue exclusively on Xbox 360 this fall withGears of War® 2.

This highly anticipated sequel to the blockbuster Gears of War delves deeper into humanity's struggle for survival against the nightmarish Locust Horde, and takes the high-definition visuals to a whole new level.

"To our team the original game was just a tease, the appetizer to the Gears of War characters and new style of gameplay. We were so amped to get to the next chapter, and dig deeper into the universe of this franchise," said Bleszinski. "Gears of War 2 is an even bigger, better, and more badass experience than the first game, and we can't wait to get it in the hands of eager gamers this November."

Game Features
Gears of War 2 continues the story of Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad, locked in an increasingly desperate battle against the nightmarish Locust Horde for the survival of humanity. Gears of War 2 is an larger-than-life saga of survival, loss, and retribution.

Gears of War 2 is developed by Epic Games for Microsoft Game Studios and joins a growing list of must-have Xbox 360 exclusives. Look for Gears of War 2 when it storms onto retail shelves this November.

I thought this was announced a while ago last E3 or whatever gaming convention that was.
You're right. It's definitely been known for some time now.

Honestly. I can't say I'm stoked or anything for this. I guess I'll be able to further the story or something but...

Vixtro

It was never officially announced that Gears Of War 2 was in the works until now but it was pretty obvious that a sequel was being made giving how the game ended and how well it sold.

I personally found the first game quite fun for a little while and the graphics were very impressive but after exhausting what fun there could be had from the campaign, Xbox Live multiplayer didn't keep me playing for more than a few weeks. The "whoever gets the best gun first" gameplay felt just a tad outdated. :rolleyes:

So this next one will be a hit or miss for me, depends how much they beef it up.