• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gears of war > Halo 3

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
I played both today for the first time.. I'm sorry to say i wasnt impressed with Halo 3, although it was still a amazing game, just not as good as every says IMO.I was a huge fan of 1 and 2 and have both. Idk I seemed to enjoy Gears of War better. Sorry if you dont agree, i know some will try to flame me so just dont. Any one else agree, disagree?

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Halo 3 did nothing for the series except add more weapons and slightly better graphics, and is almost a copy of Halo 2. Of course Gears of War is better.

Chris

Old Coot
Gears of War was short, but it sure as hell turned out to be a lot more fun than Halo 3. The co-op story mode was actually more entertaining than Halo 3's. Especially since both players had to actually co-operate with eachother to get through the stages, rather than just plow through the stages shooting everything or having one shoot and the other drive. Granted, GoW has some of those, but it's not as often as Halo 3.

As mentioned, Halo 3 really offers nothing that Halo 2 didn't offer. Or most other FPS' for that matter. I personally liked the behind view angle that GoW gave.

H3 really wasn't anything new. I still liked it a lot tho.

Imo I like the two games the same. GoW was great but not amazing. Imo the only thing about GoW that really distinguished it was blood/guts/gore/etc. It's not like taking cover is something that hasn't been done before.

H3 really wasn't anything new. I still liked it a lot tho.

Imo I like the two games the same. GoW was great but not amazing. Imo the only thing about GoW that really distinguished it was blood/guts/gore/etc. It's not like taking cover is something that hasn't been done before.

Name the games that did the cover aspect well before GoW came along.

Gears is better, but as I am not a FPS fan (apart from CoD) I cannot really give a good explanation as to why.
Gears isn't an FPS.
Name the games that did the cover aspect well before GoW came along.
kill.switch
GRAW

Those off the top of my head. Time Crisis doesn't really count but its the same idea.

Josiah

is your favorite
I liked GoW, but I guess after trying to beat the game in one run, I got tired of it. As for Halo 3, I like the multiplayer a lot better but the main game was disappointing and after playing CoD I don't play either that much.

Super_Trainer

Well i think both are fun halo 3 is very repetitive shot run throw grenade the process gets boring after a while and Gears of War can have a number of different possibilites when doing multiplayer thats why it's always fun.

I played both today for the first time.. I'm sorry to say i wasnt impressed with Halo 3, although it was still a amazing game, just not as good as every says IMO.I was a huge fan of 1 and 2 and have both. Idk I seemed to enjoy Gears of War better. Sorry if you dont agree, i know some will try to flame me so just dont. Any one else agree, disagree?
I'd say halo 3 is way better. The campaign is horrible but the online multiplayer rocks.;426;