• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GeekChicshipping (Clemont x Serena) General Discussion *SPOILER WARNING*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
And here I was going to suggest Lumiereshipping as a name for this shipping when you guys already have Geekchic. XD

Honestly, I am not too sure how I feel about this ship. While I am half for Amourshipping, I feel this one would give the most character development to Clemont and Serena. Especially given how Ash will most likely leave them in Kalos as he does with every other set of companions (Misty, Brock, May and Max excluded).

Graham Aker

It's from the new OP, but I think the only ones holding hands are Ash x Bonnie oddly enough. Her arm extending past his eldow kinda makes it look like they are holding hands.

Raa214

Hey guys,

I really like amourshipping, and thought serena and ash were great together. But im not too sure if it could happen after all. In the last episode, we get hinted by korrina that clemont and serena seem to have potential as a couple. While it obviously means nothing at this point since serena shows no displays of affection towards clemont, I think we are getting some insight on the direction this series may be heading. I am not a fan of this, but I think I may be need to be a bit realistic. Ash needs to continue on with his journey after this generation has concluded, although im hoping im wrong. ^-^

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Hey guys,

I really like amourshipping, and thought serena and ash were great together. But im not too sure if it could happen after all. In the last episode, we get hinted by korrina that clemont and serena seem to have potential as a couple. While it obviously means nothing at this point since serena shows no displays of affection towards clemont, I think we are getting some insight on the direction this series may be heading. I am not a fan of this, but I think I may be need to be a bit realistic. Ash needs to continue on with his journey after this generation has concluded, although im hoping im wrong. ^-^

Huh? When did Korrina say that? I'm actually pretty surprised to hear that, since she seems to have a lot of Ash's characteristics. Guess being oblivious is not one of them.

Raa214

Ill say.

Well, korrina speaks to herself quietly, which is shown almost midway in the episode. And for some strange reason, the camera later zooms in on serena, and then clemont. It makes you wonder why in that sequence. For now, it is just an inference. But anything can happen.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Ill say.

Well, korrina speaks to herself quietly, which is shown almost midway in the episode. And for some strange reason, the camera later zooms in on serena, and then clemont. It makes you wonder why in that sequence. For now, it is just an inference. But anything can happen.

She was just thinking about whom she should challenge for her 100th victory, not about the possibility of Clemont and Serena being a couple.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
He won't leave Serena in Kalos.
Satoshi Tajiri has mentioned that Serena will bring romance in Ash's life.

Even if she gets over Ash, she wont fall for a geek like Clemont. he is annoying sometimes.

Clemont is not too cute in looks tbh.
And Satoshi Tajiri has himself said that Serena is the girl for Ash, so there is nothing like this happening. Serena's too good for Clemont.

Where did he mention this? I honestly couldn't find anything myself on Satoshi saying anything about Serena meant for Ash. Mind directing me towards the sources? Though if you do, might want to do it in the amourshipping thread.

Mainly I find Serena and Clemont shipping to be born out of the opposite desire of amourshipping, amourshipping being the idea of two childhood friends destined for each other, while Geekchic represents the idea of (mainly taking this from fanfiction of fans of the ship) supporting another for whatever happiness they want, and such support is rewarded with their love. Both ideas are romantic in their own ways while being polar opposites.

Serena being "too good" for Clemont is not really an issue, or even the point of the ship. Neither is his "annoying" traits or his "not cute looks". It is the idea that through Serena's struggle to get Ash to like her, Clemont will support her, and Serena will then go to him, the guy who has been supporting her the whole way.

Granted the last part has absolutely no cannon ground at all but eh. The same could be said for amourshipping and the whole "childhood friends" thing. Never been stated how much time Serena and Ash spent together as children. Most likely just been Ash's normal good deed of the day and that is it. So "childhood friends" is kinda of a stretch.

PK1991

And Satoshi Tajiri has himself said that Serena is the girl for Ash, so there is nothing like this happening. Serena's too good for Clemont.

Someone just made that up on a game forum, there's never any official source on him saying that.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!

Even if she gets over Ash, she wont fall for a geek like Clemont. he is annoying sometimes.

Where is your sources?
So uhm, okay...so just because Clemont isn't good looking (he actually is) that means him and Serena can't be a couple? Tbh, and this is just my opinion, I think geekchicshippijg is more of a better element to the show then having serena and Ash end up together. But what do I know? ^^

BubChan

Wonderwall

Where is the sources?
i think he never said this, we know that Serena have a crush on Ash, but we don't know if he will love her, and sorry, but good looking is not the most important think in a relationship, the most important think in a relationship is the feelings ;) and Serena won't fall in love one time in her life, it doesn't means that she will love Ash for the rest of her life, she can fall in love with someone else, and in my opinion, is hard for Ash end up with someone, thought i ship Advance,Poké and Negai, it won't be different with Serena, he will say that she's just a friend for him, he's a 10 years old boy, he can't understand Romance, so, i think that Ash won't fall in love with someone, and i agree with PokéShipper, we don't know nothing, XY series is still on the beggining, let's wait and see what is going to happend ;)

Last edited:

Inferno792

Food Wars
Where is the sources?
i think he never said this, we know that Serena have a crush on Ash, but we don't know if he will love her, and sorry, but good looking is not the most important think in a relationship, the most important think in a relationship is the feelings ;) and Serena won't fall in love one time in her life, it doesn't means that she will love Ash for the rest of her life, she can fall in love with someone else, and in my opinion, is hard for Ash end up with someone, thought i ship Advance,Poké and Negai, it won't be different with Serena, he will say that she's just a friend for him, he's a 10 years old boy, he can't understand Romance, so, i think that Ash won't fall in love with someone, and i agree with PokéShipper, we don't know nothing, XY series is still on the beggining, let's wait and see what is going to happend ;)
I heard that Serena is her favorite female character, and that says a lot.
Sorry for the confusion though.
And Ash is based on Satoshi Tajiri so you guys must know what this means.

BubChan

Wonderwall
I heard that Serena is her favorite female character, and that says a lot.
Sorry for the confusion though.
And Ash is based on Satoshi Tajiri so you guys must know what this means.

You mean his favorite female character? well, i think she isn't his favorite, do you have any source?
and if this is true, it doesn't means that she will end with Ash

for example: Masashi Kishimoto created Naruto, his favorite female is Tenten, and his favorite character is Sasuke, but Sasuke and Tenten doesn't have any romantic bond

But this isn't a GeekChic Vs. Amour thread ^^ this is a GeekChic thread, so, let's talk about geekchic, right?

Inferno792

Food Wars
You mean his favorite female character? well, i think she isn't his favorite, do you have any source?
and if this is true, it doesn't means that she will end with Ash

for example: Masashi Kishimoto created Naruto, his favorite female is Tenten, and his favorite character is Sasuke, but Sasuke and Tenten doesn't have any romantic bond

But this isn't a GeekChic Vs. Amour thread ^^ this is a GeekChic thread, so, let's talk about geekchic, right?

But, this is the first time that one of the main female characters have had a canon crush on Ash, so it has quite a high possibilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.