• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gemini Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
3167sr5.png

gemini.jpg

Welcome to the Gemini Foundation.

We are an establishment dedicated to the elusive aspect of pokemon battling: Double Battles!

Unlike many other clans, we at the Gemini Foundation focus on Double Battling as our priority. Anyone can join, even if you are a singles battler. Perhaps you want to learn about double battling? Or you would like to just be part of our group. Different ranks are offered depending on battling level or on your contributions.

We are currently under development, so please excuse any grammar/spelling mistakes or broken links. Though feel free to register, chat, comment and battle!

Applying to the Gemini Foundation is simple as filling out this form in a post:

Forum Name:
Requested Position: (ex. Battler, Breeder, Artist, etc.)
Preferred Format of Battling: (ex. DS, PBR, Online Simulator)
Friend Code: (if applicable)
Time Zone:
1.) Hacked pokemon are frowned upon, even with legit stats. For training purposes you may use a hacked pokemon with LEGIT stats/moves/abilities but please refrain from using them in competitive battling.
2.) No spamming or flaming. If you have an issue with something report to the leader.
3.) I expect everyone to have the utmost respect in terms of posting in the thread and in battles.
4.) You should be moderately active. I will not penalize you for not posting, but please have the decency to tell us when you are leaving (be it permanently, holidays, etc.)
5.) No double posts! Edit button is your friend!
VGC Rules 2011

TBA

Bute take a look over Here
for the forums discussion of the upcoming rules

Open Battle Rules

TBA

Ranking is simple. Everyone begins as a Junior upon application. Once defeating 5 different people in your rank or higher you ascend ranks. You are permitted rebattle your opponents again for your next rank up if they are in the same rank or higher. Special rank-ups may be permitted.

Ancient Rank
ancient.jpg

Dialga and Palkia guard the balance of time and space. Generation IV brought about the ability to connect to other people. Our co-leaders are given this rank as it is their duty to maintain the unity of the clan and ensure its bright future.

Divine Rank
divine-1.jpg

This rank is reserved for those blessed beyond battle. With Beauty and Grace these members are represented by the pokemon Ho-Oh and Lugia. Since breeding and vivid colours premiered in Generation II, our breeders and clan artists are given this rank.

Colossal Rank
colossal.jpg

Since the release of double battling in generation III two powerhouse pokemon have ruled the game with their abilities to control the weather causing Drought and Drizzle. Groudon and Kyogre watch over our War Team and our Tournament Champions as their constant warring represents the hardships our greatest trainers fight through.

Expert Rank
expert.jpg

With the ability to withstand the harshness of Snowstorms and Sandstreams, you have proved your perseverance. You have obtained the title of expert and are guarded by Abomasnow and Tyranitar.

Intermediate
intermediate.jpg

You have shown you have a few Tricks (or Trick Rooms) up your sleeve to ascend the ladder. As such this rank is guarded over by Dusknoir and Porygon-Z

Junior Rank
junior.jpg

Here you begin your journey. Please note that you may seem wet behind the ears, but all our members are willing to give you a Helping Hand at this stage of our training. This rank is guarded by partner pokemon Plusle and Minun.

;311;Junior;312;

Name: Giggity...
Platform: Pokemon Online
PO Screen name: Gig
Time Zone: GMT

Forum name: TR_Jessie
Platform: Pokemon Online and PBR
PO Screen name: Brianna
Friend Code: 2536 0174 9708
Time Zone: GMT -6

Forum Name: Ghosty215
Platform: WiFi
Friend Code: 5457-5152-9034
Time Zone: GMT -5 (East Coast USA)

;474;Intermediate;477;

-

;460;Expert;248;

-

;383;Colossal;382;

-

;250;Divine;249;

-

;484;Ancient;483;

-

Foundation ;150; Director
Name: Twilight_Trainer
Platform: PBR, PO, DS
FC: TBA
PO Screen Name: Kennetic
Time Zone: GMT-5
Soon enough the Gemini Foundation will be opening a double battling academy. Here you will be able to obtain a double battle tutor or sit in on class lectures. Lecture Battles will be held on Pokemon Online simulator, and all members are invited to pop in and watch/comment on the Lecture battle which will show different double battle styles. A tutor/student system will also be in place once enough members have joined. Any trainer who has obtained Expert may take a student under their wing.

Below is listed the way to obtain clan points. I will not hunt down your points, if you fulfill a requirement PM me and I will add your points. Points are awarded every Saturday so PM me on a Friday with all your points.

Holding a Lecture > 100 pts
Winning a Battle > 50 pts
Losing a Battle > 10 pts (at least you tried!)
Inviting Someone > 50 pts
Donating to the shop > 200 pts (can change depending on donation)
Winning a Tourney > 500 pts
Donating artwork > 300 pts

Our clan store does offer pokemon for sale with clan points. These pokemon, however, tend to be setup –differently- than most clans pokemon. Movesets and egg moves will be double battle focused and IV/EV may also be aimed at level 50 pokemon. Be wary of your purchase.

If you wish to donate a pokemon, please contact the leader (or shopkeeper when one is hired). By transferring pokemon to me, I can clone them and return them to you within 5 minutes of our trade. You can submit pokemon to be cloned for points or trade. Meaning if you see something on the list you like it’s free if you allow your pokemon to be cloned and added to the list. All pokemon are backed up permanently and are unlimited in stock after they have been cloned.

Tournament Winners

-

War Veterans

-

Special Thanks

Northern Lights for the banner

Last edited:
Hey, I've got to be honest I know nothing of double battling and I've never done it competitively before xD I'm joining because, sadly, I have grown tired of standard of competitive battling and I crave a change. As soon as this came up I felt compelled to join, I'm just looking for something to reignite my lust to battle as It has grown dull of late.

Forum Name: Gig
Requested Position: battler
Preferred Format of Battling: Pokemon Online
Friend Code: er...I'm 'Gig' on PO.
Time Zone: gmt.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Welcome to the Gemini Foundation Giggity... I was in the same postion as you and trust me, doubles is SO different from singles youll realized you can have more freedom choosing pokemon and tiers are pretty much destroyed due to almost all pokemon having potential.

It may be a slow start for the clan Giggity..., but hopefully more people will show interest and we can get the ball rolling.

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
This is awesome. Double battles are my thing! and, amazing banner, too. I love Mewtwo.

Forum name: TR_Jessie
Requested Position: Battler
Preferred Format of Battling: Pokemon Online and PBR
Friend Code: I'm "Brianna" on Pokemon Online, and my PBR FC in in my signature
Time Zone: um, American Central time...don't know what it's really called. GMT -5 maybe?

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Welcome TRJessie! Nice to know we got someone of your caliber under out belts now. Keep spreading the word, double battles will rise!

EDIT: also, TRJessie, I am aware of your skill but everyone starts out as Junior, it helps keep battling activity high...once we get rolling...I expect you to make Colossal rank ;)

Last edited:

Ghosty215

Forum Name:Ghosty215
Requested Position: (ex. Battler, Breeder, Artist, etc.): Battler
Preferred Format of Battling: (ex. DS, PBR, Online Simulator): WiFi
Friend Code: (if applicable): 5457-5152-9034
Time Zone: GMT -5 (East Coast USA)

I really like the idea of this clan :). I'm going to start working on some double battle teams. Is there a clan chat?

I'd also like to apply for shopkeeper ;398;

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Welcome Ghosty215!

We don't have a clan chat yet, but I will probably make a xat sometime this weekend and add it to the list and my sig.

For now I will hold off on assigning a shopkeeper position as I need to know I can trust people. I will keep you in mind however and see how you progress.

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
Welcome TRJessie! Nice to know we got someone of your caliber under out belts now. Keep spreading the word, double battles will rise!

EDIT: also, TRJessie, I am aware of your skill but everyone starts out as Junior, it helps keep battling activity high...once we get rolling...I expect you to make Colossal rank ;)

Hahaha, thanks. Yes, people need to realize that doubles are the way to go!

But, oh, I just realized, my time zone is actually GMT -6. (Central time zone).

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Double battles ARE the way to go Jess :p Pokemon nowdays is focused on it if u actually look at all moves in the game.

From my experience almost every single pokemon has been presented in a way that WTF'd me in doubles and showed their true power. Of course some pokemon are high tier for rarity and abilities (like Kyogre) but once u get screwed by a Lopunny you'll understand the true beauty and REAL strategy that is doubles...especially VGC.

I'm also quite an adept banner maker, so if you need any signature banners done I'd be happy to comply.

Just reading up on double battling now ^^;

Ghosty215

Well, I haven't made a real solid Double Battle team yet, but if anyone wants to just start some practice and see how it goes :). I should be around tonight since all of my friends left town for Thanksgiving already.

sorry to leave so soon guys but im going back to my old clan, i just feel things are moving too slowly here- there isn't a big enough audience for double battles on serebii.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Sorry to hear that giggity but I know wher you are coming from.

I'll probabl ydisband the clan soon if not many people join. Although I may reopen it once the VGC 2011 rules come out or when BW hit american shores.

EDIT: I have decided to close the Gemini Foundation due to lack of interest. I may reopen it again when the 2011 VGC rules are posted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.