• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen. 1 OU Sun Team

zerozoner

I made this team based on a challenge I received in another one of my RMT to try and use all three original starters on a sun team, so I did and I took it one step farther and made my team roster completely out of guys from the first gen. So far I've had good success with this team and would like some feed back on it. Just noted as I was getting the images for this RMT that none of my Pokemon Dex numbers are over a hundred, Weird.

38.png

Ninetales (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Overheat
- Solar Beam

For some reason I can Never get a Nasty Plot strategy to work with Ninetails. So I went with a heavy hitting status infliction set. WoW and Toxic can ruin many leads and switch ins with proper timing, I personally love hitting a Gliscor with WoW before it Toxic orb takes effect. Overheat is strong in and out of the sun and since I need Ninetails to live to bring the sun out I'll be switching her out often. Solar Beam is for water, rock, and ground type coverage.

3.png

Venusaur (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Another face with a move set that is seen on almost every sun team now days, it just took five generations for this starter to really out shine the rest of it's grass brethren.

6.png

Charizard (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Solar Power
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- SolarBeam/Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Since the beginning everyone seemed to love Charizard and now with the ability Solar Power he's even stronger even though Stealth Rock can be a problem or an additional strategy that I've sometime have used on other teams. Most of this set is in stone, but I can't decide if I want to use Solar Beam again or Air Slash that receives STAB.

9.png

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic/Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

A water type in the sun...This is the best set I could think of since Blastoise water STAB is useless in the sun. I'm currently running the set with Toxic and it's been working for me, but another Ice attack is always nice.

34.png

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt/Super Power

TWO FREE LIFE ORB BOOSTS WITH NO RECOIL!!! Is all I need to say about Nidoking, sure he may not have the base stats, but he has a awesome ability and massive move pool to make it work. Considering Super Power so Chansey can't completely wall my team.

68.png

Machamp (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

My Physical hitter of my team that prevents Chansey from walling me to the end of the world and back. Also has an impressive move pool that works well with No Guard​

Last edited:

Swagga09

too many special sweepers.. once machamp goes down.. youre pretty much screwed.

Maybe dropping nidoking for mixed infernape would be a good option, or superpower could work for nido

Blayd

Grrrr!
too many special sweepers.. once machamp goes down.. youre pretty much screwed.

Maybe dropping nidoking for mixed infernape would be a good option, or superpower could work for nido
He's only using Gen1 pokemon, so an Infernape is a no-no.

To solve the problem, which is very much apparent, make Venasaur into a mixed sweeper.

Sylvar

Banned
This is actually a pretty good team, you should prolly change Vena to a mix variant so opposing Heatran don't wall you and ruin your sweep completely.

zerozoner

He's only using Gen1 pokemon, so an Infernape is a no-no.

To solve the problem, which is very much apparent, make Venasaur into a mixed sweeper.

I was considering doing that, but I don't know any good sets for a Mixed Venasaur.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I was considering doing that, but I don't know any good sets for a Mixed Venasaur.

If I had to make a guess, I would say that you should drop Sludge Bomb for Earthquake for some more coverage. Return could be another possible option, although I wouldn't know where to put the move.

If related to Generation I counts, Espeon would be good for Magic Bounce. Just throwing that out there.

Last edited:

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
You might want to replace blastoise with a spinning Starmie.

zerozoner

You might want to replace blastoise with a spinning Starmie.

In my personal opinion Starmie is really to fragile to be a decent spinner.