• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 1 Type Coverage Team Build Advice

Phirron

I just recently got Pokemon Yellow for my 3ds and have got to thinking about what the best team would be in terms of type coverage. The only restrictions are no legendaries, all in the team need to be dual type, and no type can be used for more than one pokemon. In doing this a team should be able to cover 12 out of 15 types. Having looked at it on my own I have come up with the following:

Poliwrath: Water/Fighting
Gengar: Ghost/Poison
Dragonite: Dragon/Flying
Jynx: Ice/Psychic
Parasect: Bug/Grass
Rhydon: Ground/Rock.

Can anyone come up with any better options for the team, barring the swap of Rhydon for Golem as I prefer Rhydon and won't be changing that? Also as far as this team build is concerned what would be the best movesets to give them all to make it the most viable ingame?

Sprinter1988

I wouldn't worry too much about your pokemon covering every type. This is Gen 1 - Bug and poison type moves are terrible in this generation, the best ghost type move (night shade) does damage based on your level and does not apply weakness or resistance, and the only dragon type move is Dragon Rage, which has a fixed damage of 40. Odds are that you won't be worrying about using moves of those types.

But if you are going for this team then I would suggest the following moves:

Poliwrath Surf (hits harder than Bubblebeam and is more accurate than Hydro Pump), Submission, Body Slam for Paralyse chance and maybe Hypnosis.

Gengar Nightshade (hits anything for fixed damage based on you level), Thunderbolt (you don't have an electric type and this destroys Gyarados) Psychic (Gengar has huge special stat) and maybe Mega Drain for recovery.

Dragonite Hyper Beam (most will die to this) Surf, Fire Blast, Ice Beam

Jynx Psychic, Ice Beam, Body Slam, Lovely Kiss

Parasect Spore, Slash, Mega Drain, Toxic

Rhydon Rock Slide, Earthquake, Mega Punch, Seismic Toss.