• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 3 Team - Sheer Brute Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This is my Gen 6 Team from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire being brought over to USUM. So as many of you noticed, this team is just classic brute force however almost all my Pokemon are either A) frail or B) have a 4x weakness to a particular type. Now if you know me, I don't change team members meaning no changes in natures or abilities either. Also they aren't fully hyper trained, so I might get some of the EVs wrong. It's mainly in singles but with the right adjustments, specifically the Protect move, I believe it can be an annoying Earthquake team on Doubles.

Swampert
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/156 HP/100 Spd
Ability: Torrent
Swampertite
Ice Punch
Power-Up Punch
Aqua Tail
Earthquake

Swampert's my favorite Gen 3 starter! SWAMPERT! YEAH! Anyways, the only real problem I have this is that Swampert lacks a Rain Dance user. All my Pokemon can use Rain Dance. I'm thinking about giving it to Swellow with a Damp Rock as I don't see much use for Roost.
Swellow
Quiet Nature
252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd
Ability: Scrappy
Life Orb/Choice Specs
Boomburst
Air Slash
Roost
Heat Wave

So if you see the Quiet Nature, I bet all of you are already seeing problems with this. During one of my Pokenav hunts, this was the best Taillow I could find. Was too tired to find one with better speed so I stuck with this one. Can one-shot a Tapu Koko with Life Orb but it can't outspeed it to give you an idea of how strong and weak it is. I'm thining about replacing Roost with something else considering that Swellow is very frail, good nature or not.

Slaking
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Ability: Truant
Choice Scarf
Shadow Claw
Earthquake
Giga Impact
Retaliate

Simple. Revenge and Suicidal Last Resort. Unfortunately I did the calculations and it takes a 6.3% chance to Giga Impact One-shot a Garchomp. I was... kind of surprised about that.

Aggron
Serious Nature
252 Atk/ 252 Def
Ability: Rock Head
Focus Sash
Thunder Wave
Iron Head
Head Smash
Metal Burst

Simple idea really. Can one-shot practically all Pokemon.

Dusknoir
Relaxed Nature
252 Atk/252 HP
Ability: Pressure
Leftovers
Shadow Sneak
Power-Up Punch
Earthquake
Trick Room

So if you understand the difference between Dusknoir and Dusclops, it's pretty much this. Eviolite Dusclops for stall and defense. Leftovers Dusknoir for offense and defense.

Salamence
Docile Nature
252 Atk/252 Spd
Ability: Intimidate
Dragonium Z
Roost
Dragon Rush
Dragon Dance
Earthquake

Honestly I'm thinking about getting rid of Dragon Rush. Dragon Rush is an very powerful move but when it misses, it has cost me.

Last edited:

EKZ1505

The team definitely needs a few significant changes, but if you aren't willing to change Pokemon, abilities, sets, etc then what is the point of posting to have it rated?

shoz999

To give it some tweaks that give it a significant edge. Even the little things matter in competitive, as it is like a game of chess. For example, a Bulky but fairly fast Mega Swampert that can outspeed a Greninja can't outspeed a Mega Swampert with full investment needs to be taken to consideration. Or how regular Salamence can outspeed most threats even with neutral nature but can't outspeed another Mega Salamence. I want some tweaks to give my story-made teams a better edge in competitive.

EKZ1505

Well that's exactly my point...Swellow, Aggron, and Salamence all have horrible natures to start, but if you aren't willing to change Pokemon to get a new nature, right away you are losing significant "competitive edges." Now that may be perfectly fine if you are just battling the Battle Tree or something else for only fun, but if you're looking to rank up on a smogon or Battle Spot ladder, you're really hurting your chances and it goes against your reasoning.

And again, many of your sets are missing proper descriptions required by the RMT rules, but if this is for singles I'll probably step aside for someone more active in the meta anyway.

shoz999

All my competitive Pokemon are also the teams I've gained on my adventures in Pokemon generations. I plan out my teams for both story and competitive and sometimes it's annoying to try to get the best nature, so instead I just go for what's good enough. That was the case for Swellow trying to look for a Taillow with Boomburst and a Sp. Atk or Speed boost early on since breeding wasn't available. I tend to use a lot of Pokemon that tend to defy Smogon formats. For example, Decidueye is rated in the RU sets but he can easily one-shot many OU Pokemon with Z-Tailwind. Another is Golisopod with Assault Vest. Golisopod with Choice Band is the preferred set for Smogon but Golisopod with Assault Vest is easily in my opinion the better less-situational set that let's him stay in longer against Special Attackers.

With that being said, what tweaks would you made for this team and this team only for a variety of battles? Do you think Life Orb Swellow is that useless with nature and prefer something like Choice Scarf? Do you think Slaking doesn't need Choice Scarf but instead maybe a Chople berry or Assault Vest to improve his bulk.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This should've been done sooner but even though this isn't an active section, there's really no point in posting an RMT if you're going to start it by saying you're not very open to team changes or give descriptions for your sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.