• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen. 4's battle animation

What did you think of Diamond and Pearl's battle animation?

• Fantastic!

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Quite good

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Meh, they were O.K

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • They were quite bad

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • They were smegging awful!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

igsey

Yes, I rock ^^
What do you think of Diamond and Pearl's Battle animation? e.g. When you use flamethrower, a line of flame hits the opponent.

EMike

Windchime Guy
Some of them look nice, but a wide variety of them just look boring. Some of them are even more boring than they were in previous generations. But it's tolerable, and it doesn't really distract from the game too badly because like hell I play Pokemon for it's graphics. :p

I still wish they could be a little less lazy about the placement of the animations, such as when you're fighting a Skuntank and it's Flamethrower isn't coming from anywhere near it's entire body. Since there's nearly 450 Pokemon and this could be hard to do for all of them, it's kind of understandable, but it's still distracting. Especially since Skuntank with Flamethrower are quite common when fighting Galactic goons.

Dragonite711

Too many chocolates
Meh. It was pretty good, no different from the others, excet the attacks were coller.

Arbok

aka Arbok
Quite good. Hyper Beam looks cool. =]

Though some moves maybe could get improved, like Confusion or Hypnosis.

Leon

I like the way the attack animations are, most of them are really cool looking and impressive ^^

Sphyxius

I have this beef with all the console pokemon games. I think the attack animations are so horrible it detracts me from even playing them.

Basically... you see the pokemon do the attack... and then the screen switches to the other pokemon being hit... you never actually see the execution and the result on the same frame, which makes me want to twitch, especially when a pokemon punches or kicks or otherwise physically attacks the opposing poke, and all you see is... oh.. i dunno, a poltergeist or something, or a blast of wind (presumably from the attack) magically hit the other pokemon, even though yours never even came within 10 feet of it. Its as if all physical or direct contact attacks become.. like... psychic or flying attacks... LAME. Fix it GF.