• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

gen 5 = pure failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
As excited as I am about gen 6 already being revealed, it does tip me off a bit to see it start too soon though.

But there's no doubt that gen 5 is the best generation of pokemon so far. It does have the best pokedex of all the generations. As for the games themselves, B/W were still on a tie with gen 3 for the first place, but B/W2 completely blew me away with their awesomeness. So much to do, so many memorable characters, so much.....MORE than everyone expected. Even though the new Kyurem forms were ****.

UnovaCastaway

Gen V had a great story and awesome, developed characters. The reusable TMs, 3 on 3 battles, and World Tournament were amazing. Length means nothing if it's a reinvention of the franchise.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP HARPING ON VANILLITE AND TRUBBISH AS POKEMON? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!

Gen I had a pile of sludge and a magnet as pokemon but no one makes a fuss about that! A. PILE. OF. SLUDGE. A magnet that just becomes 3 magnets connected yet no one seems to have a problem with that. You are just trying to find reasons to validate your unnecessary hate for a generation of pokemon that was pretty damn good.

BGP_

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP HARPING ON VANILLITE AND TRUBBISH AS POKEMON? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!

Gen I had a pile of sludge and a magnet as pokemon but no one makes a fuss about that! A. PILE. OF. SLUDGE. A magnet that just becomes 3 magnets connected yet no one seems to have a problem with that. You are just trying to find reasons to validate your unnecessary hate for a generation of pokemon that was pretty damn good.
exactly. Imo, gen 3 is the best and gen 5 is right behind it. I've also noticed that a lot of people that liked gen 3 have tended to like gen 5 though, but not everyone of course. Honestly if you look at the things that were in the trailer you can thank gen 5 for them. Animations? Yup. The great looking backgrounds/visually detailed circles you fight on? Yup. All the different camera angles and 3d objects? Yup. Heck look at the characters, their clothing somewhat resembles unova's!

StoneyPikachu

The Highest Trainer
it was the worst generation. they just keep getting worse in terms of pokemon it seems so far. vanillite is junk but i really hope for a hamburger or a french fry pokemon don't you? maybe game freak can work a deal out with mcdonalds and one of the pokemon can be a happy meal or chicken McNugget.

BGP_

it was the worst generation. they just keep getting worse in terms of pokemon it seems so far. vanillite is junk but i really hope for a hamburger or a french fry pokemon don't you? maybe game freak can work a deal out with mcdonalds and one of the pokemon can be a happy meal or chicken McNugget.
Vanillite is junk and so unoriginal. A magnet is too. Oh wait! Maybe an engineering firm can hook me up with some nuts and bolts!

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Gen 5 was miles better than 4, but that's not saying much. I'm not sure what your argument is.

Dreamy

To say all of that hard work was a failure is a bit of a stretch. For me Gen 5 was neither here nor there, it was just something new to experience inbetween transitions from the standard platform to the 3D platform. It occupied my time well enough and I came out of the whole experience with a few new favorites and a few disappointments, but all in all I had a good time with it and still am.

Rakurai

Dismissing gen V as a failure because it's ending faster then the past ones is kind of silly.

In any case, it's my favorite out of the five for introducing my new favorite Pokemon and having more of a storyline then the previous gens.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Gen. V was great. Excellent story and characters, and so many things to do! Sure, it passed by fast, but that doesn't make it better or worse than any other generation.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Gen V is actually my least favorite, while it added some nifty new mechanics to the games that are amazing, the Pokemon just didn't do anything for me. Its a subjective manner though, and just because it didn't last that long doesn't mean it was bad.

Ditto B1tch

Not a failure, but people that has a 3DS want a RPG Pokemon game as soon as possible.

Nintendo could have wait a little and leave the fans playing the RSE reamkes this year.

Anyways, it is more a matter of hardware than the Pokemon games.

Valkyrie Cain

damn, dis-moi
Hell no. I think that Gen V was one of the better ones. I definitely thought that it was better than Gen IV and III, especially with the story. I also really like the Pokemon that Gen V introduced, yes some were a bit unimaginative but every generation has its flaws.

But please, before the nostalgia folks start ranting about my post, bare in mind that this is my opinion.

gliscor&yanmega

advance last for 4 years before dp, same apply to dp. bw started in 2010 only 2 years and its over, guess nintendo know it fail too. pokemon just too sh!tty in gen 5

It's not over until the next gen comes out(Not just announced). It'll be 3 years total once X and Y come out. They simply are moving forward. Pretty sure it's been 3 years before for some of the games too, and I'm pretty sure they always announce the games in advanced, so if you're going to not count the next 9-10 for Gen 5, you shouldn't for the others, which would mean DP and that were 3 years or so.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
You're a failure for creating this thread. How can 5th be a failure when it gave us awesome pokemon?

now now. You don't see other people calling you a failure for your opinions. And that's all this is, opinions.

I myself thought the gen 5 pokemon were awful. They did nothing for me and no i'm not talking vinillish or trubish, I'm talking as a whole. The starters were meh at best.

Its all a subjective matter, no one is right or wrong. but I will say there will be just as many people that like them as there are ones that don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.