• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Gen 6 OU] Got to top 200 with a Sand + Zard X team!

Sand + Zard Y is a common core. But I wanted to try Zard X with sand to surprise my opponents. Turns out Zard X + Sand isn't exactly a rare core as I thought it would be. But it's not common nowadays either.

Team:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Careful Nature

- Iron Head

- Spikes

- Roost

- Whirlwind

Spikers + Wall. Whirlwind ensures that it won't be a set-up fodder

2) Latios @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Draco Meteor

- Psyshock

- Defog

- Roost

My Keldeo + Rotom Wash Check and a defogger. Although, I have found out that it loses to most of the rocker 1v1 and gets pursuit trapped easily. I have put Psyshock to hit Chansey but I think Hidden Power Fighting would've been better

3) Serperior @ Miracle Seed

Ability: Contrary

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD

- Leaf Storm

- Hidden Power [Ground]

- Dragon Pulse

- Glare

Serperior has one job. Invite Heatran and smash it HP Ground. Everybody expects HP Fire on Serperior . So they send out Heatran instead of Ferro or Scizor. Glare is helpful for paralyzing Talonflame on switch

4) Tyranitar @ Chople Berry

Ability: Sand Stream

EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD

Relaxed Nature

- Pursuit

- Stealth Rock

- Stone Edge

- Ice Beam

I've put Ice Beam to catch Lando on switch. Tyranitar is trying to fit way too many roles here. It's a Zard Y + Lati@s check and a rocker. It gets it's job done though. Chople Berry to ensure Zard Y/Mega Zam don't do much damage if a Focus Blast lands

5) Excadrill @ Air Balloon

Ability: Sand Rush

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Iron Head

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Rapid Spin

Wanted to put SD but then replaced it with Rock Slide. Can't count how many Talonflames I have killed with this. Air Balloon gives a edge against Drill vs Drill matchup

6) Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X

Ability: Blaze

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Flare Blitz

- Dragon Claw

- Dragon Dance

- Roost

You expect Zard Y in the team and bam! It's X and got a boost up! I didn't put EQ because Serperior lures in and kills Heatran. Dragon Claw is helpful for beating Garchomp and Lati twins. It can also kill Keldeo after a DD boost and spikes chip​
Replay

I'm currently at 112 on the ladder. I wanted to move up more on the ladder but it seems like nobody plays gen 6 nowadays. It took me 2 days to find 30 matches. But I will try to play more. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions about the team then please let me know.