• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 6 Squad

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Hello everyone I am back again to get my team rated and hopefully upgraded for this new Gen of battling, this team is undefeated so far but the main problem it has is the lack of hazard removers as such since my ace cannot learn that move for some reason, but this team is great overall but I feel like I can get some advice and really bring out the all in this team for poke bank ou, so any advice will help; Thank you in advance.

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Baton Pass
- Yawn

Sylveon is my starter as I wanted a fairy type on my team so I bring her out and start setting up calm mind, and then baton pass it to my second in command grenninja but more on him later. Moonblast is to not let he be taunt bait as well HP fighting to deal with ground type that start off the battle, so far she is the most durable on my team.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Salamence is my preferred cleaner, when there is a weak pokemon I let him take them out. Once out his ability kicks in boosting his attack and keeps dragon claw hitting strong, fire blast is to check ferathorn, trevvenant and scizor. Roost I rarely use to recover since he can pretty much steamroll throughout the match, he’s scarfed so I can’t choose that move anyway, outrage is another move I gave to utilize his attack power once powered up with much moxie.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Aegislash is my second physical attacker to help me take down walls that gave me trouble in the past, weakness policy is used to give him an extra boost when hit with super effective hit. After a few swords dance he is ready to attack with either sacred sword or shadow sneak which has +4 priority so it’s my preferred one to use, kings shield is a must for this guy as it blocks an attack and lowers the opponents attack as well.

Greninja (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hodden Power [FIRE]
- Dark Pulse

Grenninja with leftovers is my second in command after a few calm minds from sylveon, once he’s powered up I lead with surf or scald depends if it’s a wall to try and inflict a burn. Ice beam becomes powerful once boosted and so does dark pulse as it 1HKOS a lot of ghost types that appear, if he is powered up he can pretty much sweep for me but the weakness is that without the power up he’s pretty vulnerable.

Lucario (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

My second physical attacker I use in case I lose aegislash or if I decide to use him instead, his mega form is must for him as his attack goes up huge. Close combat is a powerful move I love to use to destroy other pokemon, swords dance I don’t really use but tis helpful in case I need to boost him a bit more. Extreme speed is to check and get rid of those pokes that will not go down easy, bullet punch is there to gain a quick attack and try to take out a pokemon quickly.

Talonflame (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

Talonflame is my fire type I need to avoid losing to metal types and those other types that won’t go out easily, the only drawback is that he does not learn defog and the hazards (stealth rock) pretty much own him. I have acrobatics for a powerful quick flying type move as well as brave bird; thanks to gale wings they get priority when attacking. Roost I have to use when stealth rocks kick in and it costs a turn but I need him alive to burnt he foes, flare blitz a strong fire type attack and has been perfect on him so far without fail.

This team has not let me down at all but the feeling I have is that if I can’t get of my calm mind combo it will fall, the hazards are a big flaw as stealth rock and toxic spikes are annoying. Any help will be very much appreciated as in changing out pokemon or items, thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Headshot-Jackal465

The Kwisatz Haderach
Surf/Scald is redundant for your Protean Greninja--and your team is not quite bulky enough for the burn to matter with any significance. Your team seems focused on taking pokemon out fast--so Hydro Pump seems like the better move overall--run some calcs to see if you snag any significant OHKO that would otherwise be 2HKO.

My suggestion is HP Fire.

Why doesn't your Talonflame get an item?

Last edited:

Viviphy

Canadian Bacon
As Jackal said, having both Surf and Scald on Greninja is redundant. Change one of them for Hydro Pump because it is amazing coming off Greninja, but if you really want consistency you could opt for Scald or Surf but not both. Which ever water move you choose, change the other for another move for coverage, your best bet is either Grass Knot or Hidden Power Fire (though in game HP Fire might be tedious to get on a good IV Greninja). You could also use a Hastey nature and change the 4 HP EVs for 4 Attack EVs and use Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse and U-Turn which is what I use on my Greninja. I also like having Taunt on it, which you could use as its 4th move.

Another redundancy is having Roost on a Choice Scarfed Salamence. I would definitely change that out for Earthquake for optimal coverage.

My last suggestion will answer Jackal's question:
I assume you have no item on Talonflame for max damage coming from Acrobatics. This is fine but having Brave Bird on the same set is, again, redundant. Also, having Brave Bird and a Life Orb or Leftovers is generally a better route. However, given you have access to Flying Gem then Acrobatics is perfectly fine, or if you choose to have a berry of sorts or even Focus Sash to use Swords Dance freely or something of the sort. I'd change Acrobatics for U-Turn or Swords Dance and throw on an item, maybe take a bit of the Speed EVs and add to bulk. I would suggest a 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Speed spread with Adamant nature because you will still outrun non-scarfed base 100's (I think anyways, I might be a bit off here).

Other than that it looks solid for a hyper offense team!

backwardinduction

For Sylveon, you'll have more success if you run a bold nature and put all the special attack EVs into defense. This will help you survive to pass your calm minds.

epicdrill

First thing I notice is E-Speed and Bullet Punch on Mega Luke. Why? What happens when you encounter an Aegislash? I'd recommend replacing one of them with Crunch/Earthquake for coverage. If you replace E-Speed, EQ is probably the better option, while replacing Bullet Punch means that you need Crunch to avoid being unable to hit Gengar.

Also, the ridiculously common Rotom-W causes problems for your team. It comes in on Talonflame, then what do you do? Switch out or die. If they end up Will-o-Wisping your switch, it's probably screwed as it is most likely to be physical.

I would now like to echo some previous concerns. First, on Greninja, Scald->a coverage move. It is insanely redundant having 2 water moves on Greninja. Same goes for Talonflame. Either go Brave Bird->Swords Dance or give it Life Orb/Leftovers and go Acrobatics->Swords Dance. Roost is also an extremely bad idea on a Scarfer. Roost->Earthquake on Salamence is a good idea. As a side note, Outrage is also a bad move on anything this gen, simply because of Fairies. Outrage->Stone Edge is what I would do.

Another problem for your team is phazers wreck it. I personally am a big fan of whirlwind Skarmory. What are you going to do to that? It sets up SR then Whirlwinds. It stalls out much of your team with Roost giving it recovery. It pretty much bounces anything from anything but Greninja and Salamence's Fire Blast. The same is true of most phazers. Heatran is the only one I can name that doesn't give you ridiculous problems.

Being able to switch into SR 3 times without roosting and not 2 would be very helpful for Talonflame. Therefore, move the 4 HP EVs->4 SpA EVs or 4 Def EVs.

Also, it has been 10 days since you posted this RMT. Respond to pates posted and edit the OP with any changes.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Haha yeah I have been neglecting this thread, but I have tried all these changes and yet the hazards are still a major problem and I have no answer for rotom wash, just like Epicdrill said stall and such corrode my team. Besides that the team seems too be doing fairly will when not exposed to hazards, Extreme speed on luke helpes me take out the weak pokemon left after a tough battle, It's helped me alot on pokes with low hp.

Last edited: