1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gen 7 Mystery Dungeon. Wishlists, possible release date and evolution of the series?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by shoz999, Sep 24, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

Yeaaaaah... so it's looking pretty dim for the Mystery Dungeon series so far. GameFreak doesn't have the best consistency with sequels to successful Pokemon spinoffs, often claiming they or the devs working on those spinoffs don't have any good ideas for sequels, however Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is normally pretty consistent. However there have so far been no signs of any Mystery Dungeon game releasing this year but let's say it happens anyway. You probably think there isn't much to go on but there actually sort of is and that's the Gen 7 release window of Let's Go and the Gen 8 games confirmed for late 2019, presumably November. If Chunsoft was working on those games, it'd probably be released sometime in-between December (the holiday seasons) to Summer (the March and Summer seasons). Also I wouldn't be surprised if they made this game for the 3DS as Nintendo is A) still trying to keep the platform alive in some ways and B) Pokemon spinoffs do best on handheld.

On a side note, if it does happen, I'm going to be betting a lot of you long-time Mystery Dungeon fans are going to choose Rowlet because of his flying/ghost advantages.

So in general. Do you think a Gen 7 Mystery Dungeon game will happen? Do you want to see it on the Switch but would you not be surprised if it releases on the 3DS? Which starter will you pick? Are you going to pick up the game for the story or the gameplay? Or heck, do you think Super Mystery Dungeon is the last Mystery Dungeon game? Honestly, that wouldn't be a bad to end things. Super Mystery Dungeon was quite a blast in quality and quantity.

M.P. and Jirachi100 like this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I'd want a new Mystery Dungeon game for the 3DS since I don't own the Switch. Having remixed music from previous PMD games is practically a must since I like callbacks to the old PMD games.

shoz999, M.P. and Jirachi100 like this.
  3. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

If there was a new PMD I'd say the some of the starters you could choose from would be Rowlet, Litten, Poplio, Rockruff, and Alolan Meowth.

I imagine the villians would be the Ultra Beasts and Necrozma. Storywise they'd be extradimensional invaders who enter the PMD world and cause trouble.

shoz999, M.P. and Jirachi100 like this.
  4. Ignition

Ignition Aizawa is my mood 25/8

Drop this series and give an actual good spinoff like Conquest sequel(s)

5. M.P.

M.P. Ghastly Gamer

I'm a big fan of the series, so I'm hoping there'll be a new PMD, but I'm not really sure whether one will happen. If one does happen, I hope there'll be a lot of Pokemon to pick your starter from, unlike in GTI. I'd probably pick either Rowlet or Litten as the starter and the other one as the partner. I reckon Switch is more likely to get a new PMD than the 3DS, though I honestly would prefer the latter more, as I don't have a Switch.

shoz999 likes this.
  6. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

I love PMD, it gives us a game from the Pokemon's perspective instead of the humans and overall the story was usually pretty neat. I'd like it if we switched roles with our partner where we're the Pokemon who finds the human transformed into a Pokemon. The school in SMD was nice but I'll admit it was irrelevant except for Espurr so if they have another school maybe it could be more important to the story? I also want an Eevee starter admittedly because of this webcomic about Eeveelutions that I like. And maybe they could include some Ultra Beasts to

shoz999 likes this.