• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 7 Mythical Pokémon in the manga

Pokemon.Manga

With the ending of the Sun,moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon in the magazine how do you think the gen 7 mythical Pokemon with be put in the volumes when they come out. There are Magearna, Marshadow, Zeraora and Meltan and Melmetal. Do you think there was a point in the story they could could have be incorporated or not? Did you mis them at all?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
With the ending of the Sun,moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon in the magazine how do you think the gen 7 mythical Pokemon with be put in the volumes when they come out. There are Magearna, Marshadow, Zeraora and Meltan and Melmetal. Do you think there was a point in the story they could could have be incorporated or not? Did you mis them at all?
Considering something new I saw in the SwSh games, I have a feeling Melmetal has a pretty good chance of appearing in SwSh. The rest however, unsure.

ShadowForce720

Am I crazy or did Volcanion never make an appearance in the manga? They're a little behind...

So far as of yet Volcanion hasn't made an appearance in the adventures manga, however considering that X&Y, ORAS, and SMUSUM are all going to be getting extra chapters I wouldn't be surprised if Volcanion and the other missing mythical pokemon show up in new chapters that are being added.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Here's how they could potentially appear in bonuses
Hoopa unbound: Sadly i dont see hoopa unbound appearing in the flesh but it may appear in a flashback with someone telling emerald hoopas history with a cameo of the prison bottle in bonus ORAS material
Volcanion: In oras, if u had volcanion u could unlock some stuff in mauvile tv station where they would talk about its sighting by news reporters. So we could have Gabby and ty seeing it in bonus ORAS material
Marshadow: It could appear in a cameo watching over the battle in SM bonus material, with maybe someone explaining it's history
Zeroaroa: It could appear in SM bonus material protecting wild Pokemon from the UBs.
Now for magearna meltan and melmetal it's kinda hard but what I've got is
In SM bonus material we could have a chapter showing a kingdom in alola region being attacked by UBs and them having their princess magearna protect them (maybe showing its original coloring too in a flashback) with some of the trainers having meltan combine into melmetal in that kingdom, a nod to the azoth kingdom in the anime and we know kusaka loves to make references to anime

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Regarding Meltan and Melmetal I think they might just squeeze in on SMUSUM full volume arcs since were not having a Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee chapters anytime soon thus we went straight to Sword/Shield

G-SANtos

Honestly, given how since Gen 6 the Mythicals have no events or lore that can be adapted into a story, it's kind of hard to think how they could be used. But I'll try.

Here's the thing: There are exactly two Mythical Pokémon that have an exclusive Z-Move. They are Mew and Marshadow. One is pink, a variant of red, and the other is dark green in one of its forms.
When they eventually split USUM into a separate chapter from SM (and they will. Trust me, that finale has a ton of Rainbow Rocket flags, and no third game since Gen 3 hasn't had its arc being separate from the rest), they'll probably have Red and Green partner with them to use Z-Moves. Perhaps they can be hiding in the Battle Tree or something and are found by Red and Green.

Magearna is an artificial Steel/Fairy Pokémon, and thus might be owned by Gladio or Lillie. Maybe it'll be found and revived by Molaine, but I think it'll join either Gladio or Lillie. Maybe it'll go to if they want to reference the anime and keep the stuff from the games where she becomes a Fairy type Trainer. But it might also go to Gladio due to his implied affinity to artificial Pokémon... which they have done nothing with since the tournament in Melemele.

Zeraora is the easiest. First, look at Achroma's hair: He's blond with a blue streak. So is Zeraora. And on top of that, its signature move is named Plasma Fists. Seriously, it's almost like this Pokémon was designed with him in mind. Achroma might capture Zeraora and use it to help fight Rainbow Rocket, or at least the G-Cis/Plasma side of it.

And Meltan/Melmetal. Well, I actually think it might be the McGuffin of the LGPE arc. Everyone for some reason is acting like LGPE is not going to happen, but even Yamamoto, days before the SwSh chapter release, said LGPE has not been ruled out. I'm pretty sure it's going to happen, they just don't have anywhere to publish it yet. Maybe it's even going to be the new B2W2 if push comes to shove. I honestly believe Meltan and Melmetal are more likely to be the main focus in an LGPE arc. Sure, there's a Gigantamax Melmetal, but that doesn't neccessarily mean it's going to be in SwSh. It could be in the DP remake arc if we get DP remakes this Generation, like how some Megas introduced in XY only showed up in the ORAS arc, or heck, maybe in a Let's Go, Phanpy!/Snubbull! arc if they decide to have another Let's Go! game.

However, if LGPE happens, and Kusaka decides to give Magearna to Lillie, maybe it could also show up in the LGPE arc, as both Meltan and Magearna are Steel-type Mythicals. I mean, Lillie is going to Kanto, right? While that is something that happens in the games, I kinda feel like that's also a setup for her to be in the LGPE arc. So, maybe Team Rocket (or GO Rocket) is looking for Meltan, and uses Magearna as bait to attract them, since they eat metal. Or something.

EDIT: Fixed typos.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Meltan and Melmetal could potentially be introduced in the Shield and Sword chapter of the manga, but as for the rest I personally don't care about them much in all honesty. I don't like Marshadow or Magearna, and even though I think Zeraora's cool, I've pretty much moved on from Gen VII at this point so I hardly care how Pokemon Special will showcase them.