• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 7 or 6.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually been thinking the same thing.
Would also be interesting if this game was the region Kalos was at war with.

I think this is very unlikely because the palm trees and the like, but maybe a UK based region? It's a major stretch which I don't see happening, but the UK and France are notorious for wars and the like, and as well as that, they fought over America, which could explain the presence of Serperior on the Parfum Palace gates and the Reshiram/Zekrom statues in that same garden.

Orphalesion

I've actually been thinking the same thing.
Would also be interesting if this game was the region Kalos was at war with.

Well historically, every place in Europe has been at war with every other place in Europe. The wars that were most devastating to France were 1) The Roman invasion (against Italy, well technically it was still Gaul back then) England (the 100 years war, featuring Joan of Arc) World War 1 (against Germany) and the German invasion during World War 2. In the western mindset the two world wars are of course the most present which would make the region poke-Germany but the fact that Kalos' war was thousands of years ago divorces it from any historical conflict (most likely done deliberately by Gamefreak) So it could be Poke-Italy, Poke-Spain, Poke-Germany, Poke-England...

If we have a connection to Kalos, it might also be interesting to base it off a real-world French colony...Mauritius, Reunion, French Guiana....

So I just had a crazy (read as: dumb) idea. What if, since Kalos is so sun heavy, we start in Kalos in Sun, and the new region in Moon? Totally unlikely imo, but it'd be a great way of differing the game, whilst at the same time, not requiring too much new assets to be made for the two versions. The story could be the evil team has captured the Sun or Moon Legend, and you set out to gather the Zygarde Cores to counter it?

Then you'd switch over regions for the post-game.

If we have a connection to Kalos, it might also be interesting to base it off a real-world French colony...Mauritius, Reunion, French Guiana....

Fun fact: Reunion is one of the two locations in the world which gets Ocean Vivillon, alongside Hawaii.

Last edited:

Chomper4

I don't know why some people are still fixed on 6.5. This is ridiculous.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

People won't stop till they've seen actual gameplay. It's just how people are.

Chomper4

People won't stop till they've seen actual gameplay. It's just how people are.

I agree. The only reason it would be 6.5 is if the starters in Sun and Moon are the same ones in X and Y, Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie.

Mokepon22

Who's still saying 6.5? Thought is was accepted as Gen VII with strong ties to Kalos

Mokepon22

It's not accepted, it's ASSUMED. There's no guarantee there will be any ties to Kalos beyond it getting mentioned.

Zygarde is too big a thing to just get casually mentioned by a NPC. SM are the perfect place to cover that story, to wait till after wouldn't make sense since the Z arc will be over by time SM are released

Hope they announce a Magearna event soon for SM

Chomper4

Zygarde is too big a thing to just get casually mentioned by a NPC. SM are the perfect place to cover that story, to wait till after wouldn't make sense since the Z arc will be over by time SM are released

Hope they announce a Magearna event soon for SM

Maybe there will be a Zygarde in the new region if we can't visit Kalos in Sun and Moon.

Mokepon22

Maybe there will be a Zygarde in the new region if we can't visit Kalos in Sun and Moon.

Lol we don't need to revist Kalos to tie up Zygarde. Zygarde being a Gen VI Pokemon, whatever they end up doing with it, will still be covering its story

And for your sig, confirmed new Pokemon are Magearna and bird :)

Chomper4

Coming from the one still mentioning Pittsburgh that is a bit amusing.

I'm not I full heartedly "know" that Sun and Moon base round Piitsburgh, I am only assuming. And if it's somewhere else, that's fine.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
My wishful thinking the Sun and Mün are only 6.5 is because I never like two Gen's being on the same handheld. It just doesn't feel...right.

Red and Blue

My wishful thinking the Sun and Mün are only 6.5 is because I never like two Gen's being on the same handheld. It just doesn't feel...right.

Did you forget than Both Gen 4 and 5 were on the DS system

Status
Not open for further replies.