• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 anime to be revealed on 9/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that this is just going to be another Origins/Generations type series.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
And I'm really interested! These leaked pictures make me excited and feels like they are taking a more professional take. Hopefully it'll be more like the gen 4 or gen 6 series. Wondering how or if Shinnoh and Unova play into the story.

https://twitter.com/CentroPokemon/status/1167434191795097600?s=19
In the Pokemon Adventures fanbase, some fans, including myself, for a time compared Pokemon Adventures Sun & Moon to Pokemon Origins however that wasn't praise. That was criticism as in comparing it to Origins is saying the quality of Adventures storytelling has dipped. Now that's no longer the case and most fans are pretty relieved where Adventures Sun & Moon is going but what I'm saying is that I think another Pokemon Origins/Generations type series is a low bar for Pokemon storytelling. For me personally, I want a Pokemon anime series to be more on the impressive storytelling quality of Pokemon Adventures, regardless if it's a faithful adaptation or not.

In the Pokemon Adventures fanbase, some fans, including myself, for a time compared Pokemon Adventures Sun & Moon to Pokemon Origins however that wasn't praise. That was criticism as in comparing it to Origins is saying the quality of Adventures storytelling has dipped. Now that's no longer the case and most fans are pretty relieved where Adventures Sun & Moon is going but what I'm saying is that I think another Pokemon Origins/Generations type series is a low bar for Pokemon storytelling. For me personally, I want a Pokemon anime series to be more on the impressive storytelling quality of Pokemon Adventures, regardless if it's a faithful adaptation or not.

Okay, I feel a little out of the loop: What are Origins, Generations and Adventures? I only follow the main anime with Ash and Pikachu; I didn't realize there were subcategories of the anime.

shoz999

Okay, I feel a little out of the loop: What are Origins, Generations and Adventures? I only follow the main anime with Ash and Pikachu; I didn't realize there were subcategories of the anime.
I can explain. They aren't subcategories of the anime but are separate adaptations of Pokemon with their own individual continuities. Adventures is a manga adaptation of Pokemon which is known for maintaining a higher quality of storytelling than most Pokemon adaptations, focusing on different and new groups of protagonists for each generation for over 20 years. Origins however is a 4 part animated series made to celebrate the release of the Pokemon XY games and essentially condenses the entire story of FRLG into four parts focusing on the adventures of Red who wants to capture all 151 Pokemon and become the Pokemon Champion. Finally there is Pokemon Generations which is a series of animated web shorts made by the same guys who did Origins I believe, exploring each Pokemon region of the main series games with three shorts that often focuses on areas that the games have never explored. One thing all three adaptations do have in common is that they are all faithful adaptations of the games.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I can explain. They aren't subcategories of the anime but are separate adaptations of Pokemon with their own individual continuities. Adventures is a manga adaptation of Pokemon which is known for maintaining a higher quality of storytelling than most Pokemon adaptations, focusing on different and new groups of protagonists for each generation for over 20 years. Origins however is a 4 part animated series made to celebrate the release of the Pokemon XY games and essentially condenses the entire story of FRLG into four parts focusing on the adventures of Red who wants to capture all 151 Pokemon and become the Pokemon Champion. Finally there is Pokemon Generations which is a series of animated web shorts made by the same guys who did Origins I believe, exploring each Pokemon region of the main series games with three shorts that often focuses on areas that the games have never explored. One thing all three adaptations do have in common is that they are all faithful adaptations of the games.
"Very Loosely faithful" as Red in Pokemon special manga doesn't really catching all Pokemon and he only had 7 gym badges and is only one in zunkan owers is a champion

Redstar45

People are speculating that SM will be the end of present Ash and the Anime will continue the AU movies' story.
And I hate it.
I refuse to accept SM as his end.
Dude no It won't be as he is going be lost battle to mask royal anyways

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
People are speculating that SM will be the end of present Ash and the Anime will continue the AU movies' story.
And I hate it.
You can literally say Ash ended after the Indigo League, or Silver Conference, or when he died after eating lethal amounts of electricity from an angry rodent in his first episode

SM being the end of Ash Ketchum would be a mercy kill and I hope they hit the reset button

However thanks to the Rotom Phone screwing over Porygon yet again, and all of the TRio's pokémon being native to Galar, I'm not holding my breath

shoz999

And I hate it.
Isn't that still just a continuation of Ash? Just in the form of a reboot? Anyways, I don't mind if it happens as long as the reboot turns out to be really good.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
Isn't that still just a continuation of Ash? Just in the form of a reboot? Anyways, I don't mind if it happens as long as the reboot turns out to be really good.
I don't want the current Ash to be shafted like this, ending with a mediocre series with no proper conclusion.
You can literally say Ash ended after the Indigo League, or Silver Conference, or when he died after eating lethal amounts of electricity from an angry rodent in his first episode

SM being the end of Ash Ketchum would be a mercy kill and I hope they hit the reset button

However thanks to the Rotom Phone screwing over Porygon yet again, and all of the TRio's pokémon being native to Galar, I'm not holding my breath
That was way too literal lol.
Good riddance. Ash has over stayed his welcome. I don’t believe for a second this is real but if it is; I ain’t mad.
I said "speculating" for a reason.
Dude no It won't be as he is going be lost battle to mask royal anyways
Probably, I hope.

Redstar45

rpobably, I hope.
If they can block Satoshi win in the past arcs ....then they are going to be let masked royal winning even if Satoshi Pokemon evolved during the match it won't be matter anyway.

shoz999

I don't want the current Ash to be shafted like this, ending with a mediocre series with no proper conclusion.

That was way too literal lol.

I said "speculating" for a reason.

Probably, I hope.
That's understandable, a lot of people have a nostalgic love for Ash's adventures and they want to see the adventure come to a proper end but for someone like me and others, Ash's proper ending was long overdue. If this was the XYZ series, I would've cared but at this point it's just ridiculous that Ash's journey to become Pokemon Champion has now taken 22 years.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
If they can block Satoshi win in the past arcs ....then they are going to be let masked royal winning even if Satoshi Pokemon evolved during the match it won't be matter anyway.
However if the next Anime really is a reboot to follow the AU movies the writers will probably make him win.
It's a rumour though.
Let's just wait and see.

Redstar45

However if the next Anime really is a reboot to follow the AU movies the writers will probably make him win.
It's a rumour though.
Let's just wait and see.
It is just a Goddamn rumors!!! And you did seen a XYZ rumor for Satoshi win years ago right !? and look it is same thing can be said for sm anime right now .

shoz999

It is just goddamn rumors!!! And you did seen a XYZ rumor for Satoshi win years ago right and look it is same thing can be said for sm anime right now !?
Good grief. I know you said you were very afraid of the Pokemon anime discontinuing but you really need to calm down. Much of your negative behavior stems from this paranoia.

It's a rumour though.
Let's just wait and see.
If they were going for such a direction the only good reason I can think of them doing that is that they want to scrap the messy timeline they created for the original series in order to be more consistent with GameFreak's work. For example, the anime took Colress way too lightly and turned him into a cheesy generic villain. GameFreak on the other hand amped up his regionally important character status to that of worldly important character status in Gen 7. In an AU, they wouldn't have to worry about consistency if GameFreak ever brought returning characters, lore or legendaries back from previous generations.

Redstar45

Good grief. I know you said you were very afraid of the Pokemon anime discontinuing but you really need to calm down. Much of your negative behavior stems from this paranoia.
No @shoz999 i am not a paranoid about end of the Pokemon anime show and the negative you speak of is that everyone right now freak out about announcement of 29 and frankly it is annoy me and you would feel the same way
And no gf is not always going to be a right and is anime part of Pokemon company projects ?

Last edited:

shoz999

No i am not a paranoid about end of the Pokemon anime show and the negative you speak of is that everyone right now freak out about announcement of 29 and frankly it is annoy me and you would feel the same way
And no gf is not always going to be a right and is anime part of Pokemon company projects ?
It's your word against your word. Below is your own explanation of why you were acting negative to people criticizing the anime and negative to people loving the idea of a Pokemon Adventures anime adaptation because your afraid that more and more Pokemon fans might stop loving the anime. The Pokemon anime is not going to go away, people still love it, so just calm down.

bup2d0D.png

Redstar45

That was Feb 2 as the seven month ago ?
No i am not against anime end ...if done right you know ?

Status
Not open for further replies.