• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 anime to be revealed on 9/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Well the old director Hidaka always said if Ash won a league the show would end. If Ash does win the Alola league then he accomplished his goal and his journey is over.
Well that could definitely changed as it was mid 2000's when he said that and lot has changed since then

Sinnohrept

While the anime doesn’t recast often, it does happen, most recently with Oak (unfortunately). If they really wanted her to reappear, they could just cast a VA that sounds like KAORI. If she doesn’t show up and everyone else does; that’d be pretty unfair imo.

It’s probably not worth it. It’s like how jarring the voice changes were for us dub fans when it originally happened. There’s no point in bringing back an old character if the voice is different. Obviously for ones who passed away like Prof Oak it’s different and Oak isn’t exactly a character you can have disappear.

loopoloopi

I can’t see Ash constantly leaving the region to visit the others. Maybe we’ll just see the other characters traveling in their own. Dawn and Serena on their own journies, whatever Bonnie and Clemont are doing, etc. The only character who will probably never appear again is May unless she’s recast.
Why would May be recast?

Well the old director Hidaka always said if Ash won a league the show would end. If Ash does win the Alola league then he accomplished his goal and his journey is over.
Tell that to the Orange Islands.

Emelie

Bookworm
If this means they will make an anime similar to Origins or Generations I would be very happy but I hope the episodes will be a little longer. I loved all of the Gen 5 shorts in Generations but they were only a few minutes long which isn't enough time to build up the characters and story.

They have flirted with the idea of a Gen 5 anime at least three times at this point; the BW2 trailer, Generations and now the new Pokémon masters trailer which focuses a lot on Rosa. As much as I love Gen 5 I had enough of this teasing! :(

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
That is bad because:
1. Alola league is not important as other leagues. I'd say it's even worse than BF in importance. I mean league had JJ, Classmates and Principal participating..
2. I think they meant if Ash becomes Pokemon Master his journey is over, I don't think anyone ever said about leagues. Being a champion ( twice) and Frontier Brain =/= being a master.

I am still 90% sure Ash won't be replaced. Again, blurb says story will be in Galar region and other regions will come in there too( implying Galar is main other regions are like side), which means Ash, Pikachu and Trio will be in Galar region while something will happen to other regions( whether it's companions journeys, or new characters etc).It makes no sense for them to change Ash, Pikachu and Trio after 20 + years.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
1. Alola league is not important as other leagues. I'd say it's even worse than BF in importance. I mean league had JJ, Classmates and Principal participating..

It would probably be better for Ash to continue to Galar and potentially win the league there since the region seems to emphasize much more on battle competition. It would be an ideal place for Ash to finally prove himself as an experienced and skilled Pokémon trainer, as funny as that sounds.

2. I think they meant if Ash becomes Pokemon Master his journey is over, I don't think anyone ever said about leagues. Being a champion ( twice) and Frontier Brain =/= being a master.

Actually, has there ever been a concrete definition of what is considered a Pokémon master?

Edit: Never mind, I saw another post about it.

Last edited:

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I would have rather they told us nothing until September 29th. there's now probably going to be an exhausting month of drama all over this potentially being a reboot
I doubt they're thinking about us western when they did announce today

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
There's going to be s SwSh anime? :O
I know right? :D

Now I'm intrigued; the description on the main site says this anime will include all the regions. The main anime took over 20 years to cover the first 7 regions; the only sensible and timely way I can think of for the new anime to do it is for it to be an anthology series with different protagonists. The thing is, they already tried that a long time ago when they made Pokemon Chronicles, and that didn't last very long.
All regions? Did they say that? Now I'm pretty convinced what this rumor is pointing to. The rumor sounds like an anime spin-off about Pokemon Masters. Also the AU reasoning makes a lot of sense because many of the anime's takes on Gym Leaders, such as Surge or Blaine, still conflict with Pokemon Masters take even though it's supposedly inspired by the anime. Heck, if it turns out to be true, it might not even be an AU but it's own continuity.

Cradily17

I'm excited that Ash is most likely finally going to win an official league now, and it will be great to see a new anime that isn't just a rehash of the others. Also, people need to stop being butthurt about the Kalos league already. It's been three years, and he didn't deserve to win anyways with that BS special snowflake Greninja form.

Sinnohrept

I'm excited that Ash is most likely finally going to win an official league now, and it will be great to see a new anime that isn't just a rehash of the others. Also, people need to stop being butthurt about the Kalos league already. It's been three years, and he didn't deserve to win anyways with that BS special snowflake Greninja form.

That special snowflake Greninja is canon to the games.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
So what are we thinking? Two animes, one the new Pocket Monsters one, and one following just Ash in Galar? Or is this the end of Ash and he's getting replaced by a new MC?

DatsRight

In fairness, SM Ash has kind of had special snowflake treatment building up to the league as well, with a newly discovered mythical Pokemon, a new type of Lycanroc and Pikachu having a unique Z Move. Sure it's a little evened out by other characters getting the same, with Gladion having an engineered powerhouse legendary and even Mallow getting to use Shaymin, but it's hard to really give huge exception to AshGreninja anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.