• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 anime to be revealed on 9/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
They (Famitsu) just mentioned Galar first. Primarily could mean half or even less, too.
It'd probably be some kind of region-hopping TV series. Like a Pokemon world tour group. Although I do wonder what kind of goal would even exist for such a possible series? Ash become the Pokemon Master? Does that mean were going to see him lose the Pokemon League eight time or that eight regions somehow equal eight "gym leaders", eight regional-size challenges for Ash to enter some world Pokemon League?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
It'd probably be some kind of region-hopping TV series. Like a Pokemon world tour group. Although I do wonder what kind of goal would even exist for such a possible series? Ash become the Pokemon Master? Does that mean were going to see him lose the Pokemon League eight time or that eight regions somehow equal eight "gym leaders", eight regional-size challenges for Ash to enter some world Pokemon League?
This is my interest in the new Pokemon anime

Redstar45

I will riot if they get rid of ash. Srly
Me ? I don't think that i wanted to care about it anymore as i would like to be headcanon that he beat Sakaki and beat kanto's Pokemon master league and is new champion master of kantou region (post-xyz arc )

Redstar45

Redstar45

JC317

They (Famitsu) just mentioned Galar first. Primarily could mean half or even less, too.

One way of going about that would be to split every episode in the new series into two segments. The first part would be about Ash and co in the Galar region, and the second part would be about adventures of side characters in past regions; whenever we get to a major arc/battle in Galar, then both parts of the episode will be focused on Galar.

A lot of family friendly anime in Japan follow this format (Chibi Maruko-Chan, Sazae-San, Doraemon, Yokai Watch... Just to name a few), so Pokemon doing the same would not be too jarring for its primary audience in Japan.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I’m all for the region hopping idea! It’ll be nice to see Ash travel to parts of a region he’s visited and comment on past memories or to be guided by Gym Leaders to help him. It’ll be cool if Ash is assigned missions and assignments that forces him to travel to past regions. I kind of doubt we’ll spend much time there since they have to promote the current Generation.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
Maybe all companions will travel with Ash again ? :p

I don't think so. Maybe for like an episode or two but not for the whole time since they won't be able to give everyone screentime. Also the writers will need to come up with a damn good excuse for all of these characters to come together from 7 different regions. Also I think that all the companions travelling with Ash is bordering on fanfiction level.

Ashton Ketchum

I remembered something here - shots from the teasers of the 23rd movie.
It should be noted that before the inscription appears, we see Pikachu in the jungle, which pulls at the liana, after which this inscription falls, crushing Pikachu with himself. There Pikachu resembles himself from SM. Perhaps Ash from the series and Ash from movies 20-21 will switch places. And if in the new saga there will be Ash from those movies, the 23rd film (and maybe not only) will be about Ash familiar to us. And it is not known whether it is temporary.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Wow, I didn't think about that possibility. It would make sense actually. I read that Pocket Monsters is the most popular manga in Japan, or at least one of the most popular.

It's funny, Ash was supposed to get a Clefairy as first pokémon. But I don't think they would animate this manga, it's very bizarre. Completely different than Pokémon is supposed to be, with evolution being more similar to evolution in Digimon and pokémon speaking human language.

It was sort of animated in an AG episode. There the manga is a show/movie Ash used to enjoy on his childhood.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
So it's confirmed that it's the continuation of the regular anime and not a different one like Origins or Generations...

Does the 15th November date mean it's getting another timeslot change?

I just don't want Ash and Team Rocket to go just yet. :(

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
One way of going about that would be to split every episode in the new series into two segments. The first part would be about Ash and co in the Galar region, and the second part would be about adventures of side characters in past regions; whenever we get to a major arc/battle in Galar, then both parts of the episode will be focused on Galar.

A lot of family friendly anime in Japan follow this format (Chibi Maruko-Chan, Sazae-San, Doraemon, Yokai Watch... Just to name a few), so Pokemon doing the same would not be too jarring for its primary audience in Japan.
This is actually pretty interesting
So it's confirmed that it's the continuation of the regular anime and not a different one like Origins or Generations...

Does the 15th November date mean it's getting another timeslot change?

I just don't want Ash and Team Rocket to go just yet. :(
What's going to happen in the 15th?

Status
Not open for further replies.