1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gen 8 anime to be revealed on 9/29

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Julia Artemis, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMButch

CMButch Well-Known Member

So that would mean we would follow Ash's journey for 10 minutes while other 10 minutes is new characters or companions doing stuff in respective regions? This kinda reminds me of CN shows where episodes are 10 minutes because of attention span of children( in this case it's still 20 minutes, but split into two segments 10 minutes each which would serve as " 2 shows". I don't mind that. I just wonder how would they do fights. Like if it's 3 on 3. I can see 3 on 3 fights being like 3 episodes. Full battle being 6 episodes xd

2. Couldn't they make the episodes longer?

Redstar45 likes this.
  3. Kein

Kein AKA Unown Seer

It's an anime show. They're all roughly 24 minutes long.

I'm pretty sure that segmented episodes are mostly used for slice-of-life and comedy genres. Let's just say that the SM series, being largely slice-of-life, mostly takes place on a single island. Eight regions are a whole other beast, but I'm unsure as to what the best format is.

4. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris Professional Scholar with a Sword

No other anime does this.

Or any other 30-minute episode.

Unless it's a movie.

5. 8 regions feel like it is much, even not focused equally on each region.

6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris Professional Scholar with a Sword

Welcome to the baggage that is representing 8 regions.

Though an easy way to give them all good representation is getting rid of all the useless filler buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut that would be too much of an exceptional writing decision.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  7. JLK2707

JLK2707 Well-Known Member

I just concur!:)

8. Bortgreen

Bortgreen SM is adorable... Until November

What is even the point of having an AU Ash unless they retell some story
    It's the same Ash but without Brock and Misty as companions, and his other Pokémon absent for no reason

Emelie and Ashton Ketchum like this.
  9. J.Agera

J.Agera Don't push your luck.

It's not the same Ash.
    It's a completely different character with a different origin with Ash's design imprinted on him.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  10. CMButch

CMButch Well-Known Member

It's still same Ash with same personality, antics, manners and heroism just different timeline. AU Ash is more of Ash then crybaby Ash in Mirror World.

11. Jeal

Jeal Well-Known Member

12. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  13. BulleDeChagrin

BulleDeChagrin Lillie best girl

He seems to be excited that it's a new anime, not an extension.. So it does end with Alola for (at least the current version of) Ash?

14. Redstar45

I wouldn't take the translation so serious it is not a 100% actual true

15. Redstar45

You do realize that is "Big If " there? And i am not so sure about that

16. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Spider-Phoenix and Redstar45 like this.
  17. Redstar45

Or my friend @Satoshi do get back to me ? He can read kanji pretty well

@Red and Blue and @KenzeyEevee
    This is Masafumi Mima's twitter. He's in charge of sound direction at the anime studio. He QRT'd the announcement and nothing to do with replacing Satoshi and his adventures.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  18. Satoshi

Satoshi リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー

It's not an issue of being able to read the language or not, it's an issue of trying to parse a humble language with different nuances than what's found in English with a machine translator and then jumping the gun guessing the meaning of garbled jibberish. And this fandom always does that. Stop.

No, he's excited that he's once again the sound director for the anime. Dude's literally just celebrating he still has his job which he clearly enjoys. lol It's actually kind of hilarious that all the replies are supporting his work on the series and looking forward to the new series, while a couple of English gaijinmen are randomly screaming about reboots and Ash getting replaced when the tweet has **** all to do with any of that.

This is what his tweet translates to.

"Seems like it got announced, didn't it?

I'm thankful that I've been put in charge of the new series as well.
    I intend to challenge this with the feeling of being in charge of a new series rather than an extension.

Please look forward to the new anime, "Pocket Monsters"!
    "

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  19. Redstar45

I sort figure that would like to be happened

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.