• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 art leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
One thing i think is worth noticing is that the new character is seen more than once riding Pokémon with Ash right behind them in that poster.

Maybe the new character is the one who transports Ash throughout the series.
Really? No wonder why the rival character reminded me of a kid version of Grace, the mother character from XY.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
At least he wears an original outfit since Advance Generation and not based on the male character from Sword and Shield

shoz999

At least he wears an original outfit since Advance Generationb and not basedo the male character from Sword and Shield
For me, I'd want to see both the main character and the rival change clothes based on the respective region's protagonist clothing of the games, whenever they visit a new region.

Xuxuba

Really? No wonder why the rival character reminded me of a kid version of Grace, the mother character from XY.
Yeah, a bit like the Galar Taxi perhaps. The fact Ash is almost falling/left behind in these images makes me think the new character isn't exactly the best taxist lol

It could mean nothing tho.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I’m fine with his design outside of the BW eyes and wacky hair. Good, Scorbunny is going to the traveling companion... Grookey for Ash please!!

I think they meshed all the past designs into one. Ash has the BW eyes, the mix of the XY & OS hat, the DP collar, the SM art style, and AG Ash’s persona. Looks great, I can’t wait to see it in motion!!!

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I’m fine with his design outside of the BW eyes and wacky hair. Good, Scorbunny is going to the traveling companion... Grookey for Ash please!!

I think they meshed all the past designs into one. Ash has the BW eyes, the mix of the XY & OS hat, the DP collar, and AG Ash’s persona. Looks great, I can’t wait to see it in motion!!!
I think that the male companion is getting Grookey and Sobble too.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The new girl somehow reminds me a little of Verity

If it was, then Ash would be traveling around with characters from the games instead of anime original characters.

What exactly are you talking about?

shoz999

To be honest, I like the poster quite a lot. It's giving me Pokemon Adventures Ruby & Sapphire/Black & White vibes where we see a great focus on the male and female main character travel together at other times like companions but also compete against each other at times like rivals. Due to this, I honestly hope Ash doesn't get a set of companions over the course of the series but rather a series of interchangeable companions, that can include even rivals, that changes when Ash ever visits a different town.

The Pokemon Company could really build something really magical and tear-dropping in a joyful way if they focus on developing these two characters as the main characters alone and it doesn't have to be a cheesy romance or something.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I find it doubtful that he's getting both, and neither of them suit Ash in my opinion.

I highly doubt that Ash is getting both.

Because the new kid might get one or both as well.

Except we already know that this girl is getting Scorbunny and I highly doubt that he's getting the other 2 as well because of their placement on the poster.

The poster has gotten me convinced that both Grookey and Sobble are going to the third wheel male companion.

I think that the male companion is getting Grookey and Sobble too.

Why have you repeated the same thing 6 times in an hour? Could you please stop? It's annoying. Thanks.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
The new girl somehow reminds me a little of Verity

Well her design could be influenced from verity, i could see some crazy thoeries about her being this world version of M20 verity.

shoz999

I just realized something. In my opinion anyway, I don't think Ash has ever had a real memorable friendship with any character, the kind that makes you go smile when that friendship is building up to greatness, that gives off tears of joy when it's nearing the end, the kind that gives off a satisfactory feeling. I often see this in Pokemon Adventures but I never had this feeling for the anime. I mentioned this previously but I'll say it again, this anime is a perfect opportunity to give Ash that tear-jerking satisfactory friendship, I really like what's going on with that poster where we see Ash & the female rival acting like good friends but also respectable rivals so I hope they actually go that route.

Cat's Eye Draco

I don't really care for the new style, to be honest, and (assuming this turns out to be real) would actually prefer SM's to it, especially since the only thing I outright disliked about Ash's SM design were his clothes. Oh, well; maybe it'll grow on me (or turn out to be fake).

But who's that person with him? It's neither of the PCs. And apparently people think it's a girl, but nothing about them gives off girl vibes to me.

Yeah, I don't know where the girl assumption is coming from either. Looks like a guy to me.

Last edited:

shoz999

To be honest, I don't really care for the new style (assuming this is real) and would prefer SM's to it, especially since the only thing I outright disliked about Ash's SM design were his clothes. Oh, well; maybe it'll grow on me (or turn out to be fake).

Yeah, I don't know where the girl assumption is coming from either. Looks like a guy to me.
She's a girl. The Pokemon series as a whole is rather predictable with their designs of female characters, so it should be understandable why not only so many people are sure that this rival is a girl but they absolutely doubt the girl with the eyelashes and hairpiece is a guy.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
She's a girl. The Pokemon series as a whole is rather predictable with their designs of female characters, so it should be understandable why not only so many people are sure that this rival is a girl but they absolutely doubt the girl with the eyelashes and hairpiece is a guy.
Well, the anime does have an eccentric guy like Harley but I would doubt the fans would stomach such a character as a companion for the whole series.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend

Yeah, the eyelashes give it away. Although I’m wondering if the hair clip is actually just some extra coloration in her hair.

shoz999

Well, the anime does have an eccentric guy like Harley but I would doubt the fans would digest such a character as a companion for the whole series.
Oh... yeah... I'm not gonna lie. I completely forgot about him because even most of the flamboyant guy characters in the Pokemon series who are obsessed with fashion, style and beauty always sport your average guy sportwear/outdoors clothing. I mean a macho character with pink long stylish hair or something? That's something you often see in shonen anime like Bleach or JoJo, never Pokemon so Harley is definitely an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.