• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given we know that there will be a limited array of Pokemon, as well as no mega evolution and no z-moves, how do we expect the Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield singles meta to behave?

I for one hope dynamaxing isn't in wifi battles, but if it is, all we know about it leads me to think it won't add diversity to the meta and will only make strong Pokemon even stronger.

As for Pokemon, I doubt we'll get many legendaries at all so Ubers may be sparse, having only Mewtwo and the new legendaries from this game.

In OU, no Landorus will be huge, as well as no Mega Alakazam, Charizard, Diancie, Lopunny, Mawile, Medicham, Pinsir, Scizor, Swampert, or Tyranitar. The over all power level will likely drop. Current confirmed Pokemon like Tyranitar might be at the peak of OU. Other confirmed pokemon like Weavile, Gardevoir, Diggersby, Arcanine, Gyrarados, Gengar, and Hydriegon will likely rise. To counter many of these I also expect Hippowdon and bulky water-types to rise, such as Milotic, Vaporeon, Mantine, etc.
Of course there will be new Pokemon likely to make OU as well.
Additionally if Ferrothorn and Toxapex are in this game, they may be banned as the power level of wall breakers will be sustantially lower.
Additionally with Hippowdon and Tyranitar in the game, if Excadrill is in the game he may be banned as he was in gen 5, with no Landorus to stop him.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
It's far too early to make any sort of useful speculation as we have no idea which Pokemon are and are not going to be present, nor do we know how the slough of new Pokemon being introduced will affect the metagame. I don't even think this is even a topic worth pursuing until we get more information as everything we say right now is 100% conjecture and speculation and unlikely to be at all relevant when the games are released.

KillerDraco

It's far too early to make any sort of useful speculation as we have no idea which Pokemon are and are not going to be present, nor do we know how the slough of new Pokemon being introduced will affect the metagame. I don't even think this is even a topic worth pursuing until we get more information as everything we say right now is 100% conjecture and speculation and unlikely to be at all relevant when the games are released.

This. At least wait until we see all the new Pokemon added, movepool changes, etc. This topic is premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.