• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Gym Types and Structure Speculation Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I see. Honestly at this point, I kind of don't care if it's a fire/fighting type anymore.
Same. Never been bothered by Fire/Fighting starters

I more meant no to bea's headband looking like scorbunny's ears.
Eh, I wouldn't worry too much, since I think the headband comparison is a bit of a stretch (all that black would be an odd way to reference very-white-Scorbunny). The only time a Gym Leader has ever used one of their region's starter Pokémon was Gardenia's Turtwig in the infamously-small Sinnoh Dex, and we know the Galar Dex isn't tiny.

Sabre_King

Knowing there are version exclusive gym leaders changes the dynamic; I can see one other pairing being version exclusive and I think it’s a great idea; it adds more gym types to the mix but I wish they could have shown off the signature Pokémon of the new gym leaders today because I doubt it’s Hitmontop and Mimikyu respectively

shadowF

I was seriously considering Pokemon Sword but now that Pokemon Shield has the Ghost type gym I am seriously considering switching. Anyone else think that the city with the Icy setting will have one version which will have the Ice type gym and the other version will have the Dark type Gym? That would seriously make it difficult to choose which version to choose haha!

Here's hoping that the gym leaders we don't face in one version will be able to be faced in the champion's cup later on.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Where was Hitmontop confirmed?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I wonder if we'll have more exclusive gym leader types for Sword and Shield? Having a ground exclusive Gym Leader for Sword and Steel exclusive Gym Leader for Shield would be cool.
I'm confident that the forest will host either Fairy or Poison Gyms, if we end up getting another pair of version-exclusive leaders.

Rd8DhV.png

Lucky3

I wonder if we'll have more exclusive gym leader types for Sword and Shield? Having a ground exclusive Gym Leader for Sword and Steel exclusive Gym Leader for Shield would be cool.
According to this tweet, it seems there are. It's a given, honestly. It'd be super-weird to have just one random mid-game gym be version exclusive.

But if they make the Dark gym version exclusive, people are gonna riot.

shadowF

I could see
According to this tweet, it seems there are. It's a given, honestly. It'd be super-weird to have just one random mid-game gym be version exclusive.

But if they make the Dark gym version exclusive, people are gonna riot.

I could see us getting 4 gym leaders that are shared by both versions and then the four other gyms differ between each version you own. I also see the four gym leaders we didn't face become the elite four of the game, meaning we can battle all of the gym leaders but they would just have different positions depending on which version you own, some may be gym leaders in one version and the elite four in the other version.

So far besides the fighting/ghost type gym, I see the Forrest city having fairy/poison and the Icy city being ice/dark.

axelme

i am loving this version exlucsive gym idea. i just wonder how it will be explained in the anime. also, i mean of this means that the anime will now have more than 8 gyms and ash will see them all but not challenge them all. i am also wondering, if they do go that way will we have a companion traveling with ash also trying to enter the league but, to avoid having ym leaders lose twicer they will each battle 8 different gyms

as for the gym leaders. not a fan of Bea's design. she's pretty basic

Allister however is amazing and i see tremendous potential for an anime character. could we maybe finally have another gym leader like sabrina?.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think there will be three version exclusive gyms. They are the Fighting/Ghost Gyms, the Ice/Dark Gyms, and the Poison/Fairy Gyms.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think there will be three version exclusive gyms. They are the Fighting/Ghost Gyms, the Ice/Dark Gyms, and the Poison/Fairy Gyms.
If that's true, I hope Shield gets the Ice and Fairy ones as well. They've already confirmed it gets the Ghost one, which is great news for me. And Ice and Fairy are my other favorite Types.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If that's true, I hope Shield gets the Ice and Fairy ones as well. They've already confirmed it gets the Ghost one, which is great news for me. And Ice and Fairy are my other favorite Types.

I'm fine with this as I wanted the Dark and Poison in Sword anyways lol.