• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Gym Types and Structure Speculation Thread

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm getting GenV vibes from these gyms. Grass, Fire, Water, Ice, Dragon all or very likely confirmed/strongly suspected. I don't mind a Fairy Gym as long as there's a difference to Kalos' version. Ghost or Fighting are both nice, and the version exclusive gymleader was done first in GenV as well.

Could see the last gym being anything quite honestly.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm getting GenV vibes from these gyms. Grass, Fire, Water, Ice, Dragon all or very likely confirmed/strongly suspected. I don't mind a Fairy Gym as long as there's a difference to Kalos' version. Ghost or Fighting are both nice, and the version exclusive gymleader was done first in GenV as well.

Could see the last gym being anything quite honestly.
I'm thinking that the last Gym is Electric.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
This is my predicted Gym order in each version:

Pokemon Sword
1. Grass (Milo)
2. Water (Nessa)
3. Ice
4. Fairy
5. Fighting (Bea)
6. Fire
7. Dragon
8. Electric

Pokemon Shield
1. Grass (Milo)
2. Water (Nessa)
3. Ice
4. Poison
5. Ghost (Allister)
6. Steel
7. Dragon
8. Electric
Switch which versions Fairy and Poison are exclusive to and I'd say it's a good list.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

I think i'm going to point this one out ... Gym Leaders wearing uniform (along with gym trainers also wear the same as their leader) is nice and all but it's a bit sad since i like to see what kind of outfit gym leader will wear for each gen and judge which leader have worst or best pick for their outfit, like Pryce for example, in gen 2, he's just an old guy wearing normal outfit until gen 4 when they remake Johto, they decided to gives him a nice outfit so you can easily tell which type he using eaiser than before...

but now in Galar, gym leaders and gym trainers wearing sport-based uniform, i guess that's on point for hoping something like old gen now ...

Maybe at least they should show what they wearing when they didn't doing their job in gym, maybe not in game but in anime will work too...

I mean you can't tell me they going to wear that uniform all the time, are they? not even change even they're home?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Someone mentioned the idea that the Gym Leaders and/or Elite 4 would be pawns for Rose’s company like Leon is speculated to be. While I don’t think that’s likely as it seems each Gym Leader has different sponsors, it’d be a nice twist of BW’s climax: instead of everyone involved with the League helping you, they’re helping the evil team

amoebo

amoeboVGC
I hadn't noticed that, but along with the reddish hue of the building and the fact that the Gym is in an industrial area does seem to imply that the Gym's type specialty will be Fire-types, which I'm all right with since I wanted a Fire-type Gym, anyway.
I'll bet money that the industrial cities gym leader has at least a Rolycoly, or its evolved form(s)

Important to consider that the gym we saw for Bea can be easily found on the map and that it's located in a cave/valley area- meaning at specific times there would be a huge shadow casted over the gym which relates to the ghost type leader found in the other version.

Would not be surprised at all to see the gym in the forest be Poison/Fairy dependant on version either, given the visual motif surrounding the area.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That doesn't mean that this Gym will be a Fire Gym. There have been times where not all of the starter types have gyms.

That wasn't the only reason. The stadium is shown to have fire designs as shown above.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but though Kahuna Nanu specialized in Dark-types, I would like to see an official Dark-type gym too. It could have a unique stadium atmosphere and a lot of the Dark-type Pokemon would be outright terrifying in Dynamax form.

I think it already become traditional to fans for asking for Dark type gym every new gen come out (and yeah...people asked for it in here too) since we have a lot of E4 as Dark type user, but don't get your hope much, it might come or not come, safe to said if you don't hope, it won't hurt you in the end.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think that the Fire gym will be version exclusive and that it would be a Steel-type Gym in the other version.

Hmm...it's definitely possible given then cities design choices.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I think i'm going to point this one out ... Gym Leaders wearing uniform (along with gym trainers also wear the same as their leader) is nice and all but it's a bit sad since i like to see what kind of outfit gym leader will wear for each gen and judge which leader have worst or best pick for their outfit, like Pryce for example, in gen 2, he's just an old guy wearing normal outfit until gen 4 when they remake Johto, they decided to gives him a nice outfit so you can easily tell which type he using eaiser than before...

but now in Galar, gym leaders and gym trainers wearing sport-based uniform, i guess that's on point for hoping something like old gen now ...

Maybe at least they should show what they wearing when they didn't doing their job in gym, maybe not in game but in anime will work too...

I mean you can't tell me they going to wear that uniform all the time, are they? not even change even they're home?

Maybe in the post-game we can visit the leaders outside of the gym, allowing them to wear their usually clothing instead of the uniform?

Kind of like how in Persona the students don’t wear their school uniforms on days off.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I still doubt Milo to be the first gym leader. Looking at the map I think it would be too much of a stretch from the home town to the city where Milo's gym is. Especially if you'll be able to access the wild area before the first gym and looking at the levels I think that may be the case. Level 19 and Grass types also don't scream first leader to me.

If Scorbunny's mid stage ends up being Fire/Fighting, then there's a good chance that the first gym may be Rock types again because then all three starter have super effective moves under their belt to deal with them. Gen 3 and 4 did the same and I think that may happen here again and the Rock type gym is in the industrial city.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I still doubt Milo to be the first gym leader. Looking at the map I think it would be too much of a stretch from the home town to the city where Milo's gym is. Especially if you'll be able to access the wild area before the first gym and looking at the levels I think that may be the case. Level 19 and Grass types also don't scream first leader to me.

If Scorbunny's mid stage ends up being Fire/Fighting, then there's a good chance that the first gym may be Rock types again because then all three starter have super effective moves under their belt to deal with them. Gen 3 and 4 did the same and I think that may happen here again and the Rock type gym is in the industrial city.
However, it's not entirely unprecedented that a Gym is locked off once the player first accesses the town it's located in and the player can't challenge it until later. All regions with gyms barring Unova did this. Grass is also an easy type to counter, considering it has 5 weaknesses, one of which is a starter type and 3 of which are commonly used on Pokemon encountered on early routes. Also, based on images, the industrial area Gym looks like a Fire-type Gym in at least one version.

Last edited:

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Apparently Kabu means fog in Fijian. Maybe a Flying type gym leader?