• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Gym Types and Structure Speculation Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Although, there are 3 (or 4, depending on if you count Megas) type combinations involving Fairy that are still unused. They are Fairy/Fire, Fairy/Fighting, Fairy/Ground, and if Megas aren't counted, Fairy/Dragon.
Thats cause Fairy is a splendid type <3

Last edited:

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I wonder how many version exclusives leaders we'll get this time around. We only got 1 in B/W so I'm fairly curious this time around.

We already got Nessa, Milo, Bea/Allister (version exclusive)

Now is it possible that these single gym leaders COULD have version exclusives not revealed to us? Possibly. Maybe there is another duo or 2 that is also version exclusive. My guess is that the first gym leaders are just to set the player up and THEN move into more version exclusive stuff. Thoughts?

I wonder how many version exclusives leaders we'll get this time around. We only got 1 in B/W so I'm fairly curious this time around.

We already got Nessa, Milo, Bea/Allister (version exclusive)

Now is it possible that these single gym leaders COULD have version exclusives not revealed to us? Possibly. Maybe there is another duo or 2 that is also version exclusive. My guess is that the first gym leaders are just to set the player up and THEN move into more version exclusive stuff. Thoughts?
The most I can see of getting version exclusive gym leaders are at 3-4 gyms. That being said, the gyms that I can see being version exclusive are:

1. Dragon City(Dragon/Steel)
2. Mushroom Town(Fairy/Poison)
3. Snowy City(Ice/Dark)

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
What if Opal and or Kabu are exclusive to one game?

I think that we could also get a Fire/Steel version exclusive pair.

That's likely. I personally see it as mostly Fire type but only time will tell.

Gym lineup:

1. Fire(Steampunk City)
2. Grass(Milo)(Farming Town)
3. Water(Nessa)(Harbor Town)
4. Dragon/Steel(Dragon City)
5. Fighting(Bea)/Ghost(Allister)(Mountain Town)
6. Fairy/Poison(Mushroom Town)
7. Ice/Dark(Snowy City)
8. Ground/Rock(Desert Town)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That's likely. I personally see it as mostly Fire type but only time will tell.

Gym lineup:

1. Fire(Steampunk City)
2. Grass(Milo)(Farming Town)
3. Water(Nessa)(Harbor Town)
4. Dragon/Steel(Dragon City)
5. Fighting(Bea)/Ghost(Allister)(Mountain Town)
6. Fairy/Poison(Mushroom Town)
7. Ice/Dark(Snowy City)
8. Ground/Rock(Desert Town)
I think that Milo is the first Gym Leader, and that heavily credible rumor implies that this is the case. I also find Ice and Dark to be very random for a version exclusive pair.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I think that Milo is the first Gym Leader, and that heavily credible rumor implies that this is the case. I also find Ice and Dark to be very random for a version exclusive pair.

Maybe Ice and Fire? In Serebii's video of the customization trailer they did mention seeing some fire-like symbols inside one of the buildings. So maybe Fire and Ice?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Well it is either that or it is going to be the counterpart to Fairy Gym, which would be more likely.

There is generally a version exclusive who gets revealed early while its counterpart is revealed later. For example Volbeat was revealed before the release of RSE. It is almost always a singular Pokémon though.

So it is possible that one of them, and only one of them, can have a version counterpart, but both seem too early for that. Version exclusive stuff tend to occur around mid-game, around 4th gym.

Last edited:

Hanto

Water Addiction
Cheren and Marlon both were pretty shafted in the BW season , so I dont really want one more pair of version exclusive gym-leaders. Maybe version exclusive Elite 4 members would be better? Or the script when the new Champion who defeats Leon is Bede/Marnie

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that we will most likely see more version exclusive Gym Leaders than just Bea and Allister.

Orphalesion

Didn't the reveal say something like "some towns in Galar will have different Gym Masters depending on your version"?

So that makes it likely that there will be at least two pairs (Allister/Bea and another pair in another stadium) I hope there won't be to many though (maybe really just Allister/Bea and another one) and that the series' first Dark Gym (if we get one) won't be version exclusive.