1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gen 8 New Moves Wishlist

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by kamineko23, Jun 24, 2018.

1. kamineko23

kamineko23 Member

What kind of new moves do you want to see in Gen 8?

Personally, I wish that we have more moves like:
    • Another physical Psychic-type move - currently, Zen Headbutt is the strongest physical Psychic-type move that many Pokémon can learn, but its accuracy isn't too good. Having more physical Psychic-type move that many Pokémon can learn is good. Maybe the physical equivalent of the move Psychic (90 base power, 100% accuracy) would be nice.
    • More physical Fairy-type move - with Play Rough serves as the only physical Fairy-type move, I think it should be time that they introduce more physical moves for Fairy-type.
    • Stronger special move for Flying-type, with better accuracy - not many Pokémon can learn Hurricane, also its accuracy is not good if not used in rainy weather. The next special move for Flying-type is Air Slash, but also its accuracy is not perfect (95%). Strong and with good accuracy Flying-type move such as Oblivion Wing is a signature move, which cannot be used by other Pokémon except Yveltal.
    • Another physical move for Rock-type with 100% accuracy but with stronger power - So far the only physical move for Rock-type with good accuracy are Accelerock and Smack Down, but both have a small base power. I want to see moves like Rock Slide equivalent but with 100% accuracy.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Minedreigon likes this.
  2. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

There are so many new moves I'd like to see. Alot of it's new variations.

For instance, how about priority versions of electric and fire attacks. Ideally not as week as Accelerock.

Honestly I get almost as excited for new moves as I do new Pokemon. And have been somewhat disappointed by the last few gens low new move count.

3. DANdotW

DANdotW Previously Iota

I've always wanted a move called something like "Scatter", where the Pokémon clears all entry hazards on its own side of the field and forces them onto the opponents side of the field. This would need to be an extremely rare move to be honest, but not so rare that it's easy to predict coming.

4. paipr_christian

I think with entry hazards being as common as they are anything capable of running that move would likely have it in like 95% of it's sets.

Reminds me of an ability idea, Clean Freak, user removes entry hazards upon entering the battlefield.

5. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

A Ground Typed Bite attack called "Terra Bite"

And yes I agree with more physical fairy type movies. If I ever get my unicorn it'd need a fairy-typed move based around it's horn. Not good with serious names maybe something like "Joust"? Or something more fanciful like "Dream Joust"?
    And in another thread I voiced an idea for a weather effect that would boost fairy (and possibly astral-aligned types): "Starry Night"

6. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for another physical fairy move. 1 move(that isn't a Z-Move) leaves a lot of physical fairies with seriously limited movepools. Especially the Guardian Deities (Tapus)

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  7. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Yeah definitely. Maybe something called Magical Mash, which is similar to Meteor Mash, can be used to make some of them more usable like Mimikyu and Granbull but Tapu Bulu will be buffed strongly due to this.

Luthor likes this.
  8. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Repost ahoy:
    Outside of this, we need another common physical Fairy move. It doesn't need to be useful, just exist for in-game.

9. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

A stronger fire physical move with no recoil damage

10. Mega Altaria

That definitely seems good and it will be a benefit for many physical Fire-type Pokémon, especially Flareon, which has a very limited physical movepool. I'm also on board with accurate and somewhat powerful physical Rock-type moves, which the Rock type is already lacking in. Maybe that one will have 90 base power.

11. paipr_christian

Wild Fire.
    120bp physical Fire move.
    100acc
    10pp
    For 2-3 turns the user errupts into a frantic attack fueled by flames. After which the user becomes confused. (Aka Fire type outrage)

Burning Blade
    90bp physical Fire move.
    100acc
    15pp
    With white hot claws or blades the user strikes the for with a great chance to critical hit. (Fire type Leaf Blade)

DSDark likes this.
  12. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

I guess maybe a Leafage equivalent for fairy types wouldn't be bad just so that pokémon like Mimikyu and Mawile get some fairy attacks earlier on, and maybe move Play Rough to later down the line for Azumarill as level 25 is really early for such a powerful move. I don't see a need for a strong fairy move to be added, we already have Play Rough. And Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu are strong enough already, they really don't need a buff. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if they did add more moves we don't need. Leafage was also added and it added pretty much nothing that moves like Vine Whip and Razor Leaf didn't already cover.

But I'm not a fan of just copying moves from one type to another, it just makes everything the same without offering anything new. I'd much rather get some cool new stuff instead of just moves that we already had before with a type swap. Grass has better physical moves because it's worse than fire in the type chart, it's resisted by seven different types (fire, grass, bug, poison, flying, dragon, steel), while fire is only resisted by four (dragon, water, fire, rock). Rock gets lousy moves because as a coverage type it's relatively strong against a lot of popular pokémon. I run Ancientpower on my Heatran purely because it's valuable coverage even with its low base power.

13. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

I think a Electic version of Blaze Kick and a Ice version of Blaze Kick called “Glaze Kick” would be interesting to see. Plus, more powerful physical Electric and Ice moves with a chance to freeze and paralyze would be nice to see. I know Pokémon like Electivire, Mamoswine, Beatric, Zebstrika, Luxray, etc. have more higher physical attack than special attack.

I also like to see a Steel move that can damage and burn a opponent like people can get burnt from hot iron. I know we have a water move called Scald that can burn an opponent. I’ve always wanted to see a Water move that can burn before that came.

I also would like to see Dig return as a TM. I would like to see Bubblebeam, Tri Attack, Mimic, and Dragon Breath to return as a Move Tutor Move.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  14. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

A better array of powerful Normal type moves that aren't either high-tier evolution-only moves (eg. Hyper Beam) or very circumstantial ones (eg. Last Resort). I'd love to see the Meowth and Glameow lines getting a more powerful scratch-centric move. Alternatively just boost Slash a little again so it's closer to Gen 1 power.

15. paipr_christian

Cat Claw
    60bp Physical Attack
    100acc
    10pp
    An attack using a feline's razor sharp claws that always deal critical damage.

16. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

That would be cool. Tapu Bulu has enough weak points so it won't be too powerful.

17. Mega Altaria

Well we don’t have many Poison-types on the same level as Tapu Bulu so it wouldn’t be affected too much. In that case it’s quite powerful anyway so it may not need to learn the new Fairy-type move I suggested. Play Rough should be enough.

18. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

You know how Trick Room has become a very powerful anti-meta move in competitive? Well since intimidate Pokemon are becoming more common on people's teams, how about a room move that reverses the effects of stat changes?

Kirby Dragons likes this.
  19. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

We already have Mist, which blocks all stat reductions on your side of the field for five turns. I think a Room move that'd reverse them would be very OP, imagine combining it with stuff like Draco Meteor Mega Latios, Overheat Charizard Y, or Simple Beam to Superpower Regigigas, and that's not even talking about what Mega Rayquaza could do in that environment with Dragon Ascent and Draco Meteor. I think Intimidate just needs a bit of a nerf, only hitting one random opponent in doubles/triples/Royal instead of all opponents. And maybe introduce an ability that automatically sets up Mist when called out.

20. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Okay than only stat changes from other opponents. Self-stat changes aren't included. The Mist thing, while is a great defense against Intimidate, won't really discourage it, won't make Intimidate users more cautious.