• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 New Moves Wishlist

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Okay than only stat changes from other opponents. Self-stat changes aren't included. The Mist thing, while is a great defense against Intimidate, won't really discourage it, won't make Intimidate users more cautious.

Isn't that Topsy-Turvy?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Add Electric to the list of types that could use a better physical move. Thunder Punch and Thunder Fang are a tad too weak and Wild Charge does recoil, it could use something more in the 80-90 range that doesn't have a major drawback. I was thinking Lightning Claw as a Slash clone.

Also, I'm surprised that Water never got a biting move, after they created Bruxish I thought they were going to do that but instead they gave it Psychic Fangs. There's a lot of Pokemon that could take advantage of one, Bruxish, Sharpedo, Huntail, Feraligatr.

Don't really have any original ideas for moves unfortuntely, all I can really think of are clones of other moves.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Add Electric to the list of types that could use a better physical move. Thunder Punch and Thunder Fang are a tad too weak and Wild Charge does recoil, it could use something more in the 80-90 range that doesn't have a major drawback. I was thinking Lightning Claw as a Slash clone.

Also, I'm surprised that Water never got a biting move, after they created Bruxish I thought they were going to do that but instead they gave it Psychic Fangs. There's a lot of Pokemon that could take advantage of one, Bruxish, Sharpedo, Huntail, Feraligatr.

Don't really have any original ideas for moves unfortuntely, all I can really think of are clones of other moves.

Lighting Bolt
80bp Physical Electric attack.
100acc
5pp
Crashing suddenly into the foe like a bolt of lighting, the user strikes first (+2 Priority)

Wave Crunch
80bp Physical Water attack.
80bp
100acc
15pp
20% effect chance.
With the power of a crashing wave the user bites down on the foe with its aquatic might.

DatsRight

Cat Claw
60bp Physical Attack
100acc
10pp
An attack using a feline's razor sharp claws that always deal critical damage.

That...actually would be a cool idea, especially since it's still a move you'd have to raise the Pokemon for to be that powerful (high level Technician Persian would be king again :D).

Gen82

Telekinetic punch
80bp physical psychic attack
90acc
15pp
Concentrates telekinetic power around ones first when attacking. May cause opponent to flinch.

Kirby Dragons

I like what Misty Terrain and Psychic Terrain did in terms of effects. I'd like to see some more moves like those, that counter hax-esque strategies used in competitive battles.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Pixie Punch would be a great name for a common physical fairy move.

I would love a reverse leech seed move. Grass types can use this move in doubles and plant a seed on their partner. The partner then gains health at the end of every turn, similar to Ingrain but allowing you to give it to someone. Would be fun to place on lets say Toxapex.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

I would love a reverse leech seed move. Grass types can use this move in doubles and plant a seed on their partner. The partner then gains health at the end of every turn, similar to Ingrain but allowing you to give it to someone. Would be fun to place on lets say Toxapex.
That will be cool. I would also like to see a more powerful Fairy-type draining move and Pixie punch could have that as an effect. A reverse Leech Seed definitely seems good too but hopefully it won't be able to drain the health out of the user but will at least heal the target every turn. A name for it would be Heal Seed.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

So how would this move work? You slowly drain your HP to fill up the HP of a Pokemon of your choosing? Or does it allow you to basically set up a leech seed and choose any Pokemon to be "leeched" and any Pokemon to receive the effects of said "leeching"?

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
That will be cool. I would also like to see a more powerful Fairy-type draining move and Pixie punch could have that as an effect. A reverse Leech Seed definitely seems good too but hopefully it won't be able to drain the health out of the user but will at least heal the target every turn. A name for it would be Heal Seed.

So how would this move work? You slowly drain your HP to fill up the HP of a Pokemon of your choosing? Or does it allow you to basically set up a leech seed and choose any Pokemon to be "leeched" and any Pokemon to receive the effects of said "leeching"?

My apologies, perhaps I didn't explain this correctly. What I was imagining was a seed, "Heal Seed" could be the name as Mega Altaria suggested, that you plant on your partner. It doesn't drain damage from anyone, just heals the partner at the end of each turn. It essentially allows you to give your partner Leftovers.

Cat Claw
60bp Physical Attack
100acc
10pp
An attack using a feline's razor sharp claws that always deal critical damage.

I love this! Could see Persian, Meowstick, Luxray, Pyroar, Purugly, Zeorora, Liepard, and Incineroar getting this for sure. Maybe others like Mew, Mewtwo, Zangoose, Weavile, Absol, and Eevee too.
Telekinetic punch
80bp physical psychic attack
90acc
15pp
Concentrates telekinetic power around ones first when attacking. May cause opponent to flinch.

I thought of something similar called Psy Kick. Basically the same, but a kick instead of a punch.

Gen82

Poison Swirl
35 Sp attack
90 acc
The target is poisoned and trapped for 3-5 turns.
Poison fumes swirl around the target. The target is poisoned and can not switch out of battle for 3-5 turns.

I wanted some way to prevent a poisoned pokemon form switching out. So I based the move off of fire spin and wrap.

raichu27

Poison Swirl
35 Sp attack
90 acc
The target is poisoned and trapped for 3-5 turns.
Poison fumes swirl around the target. The target is poisoned and can not switch out of battle for 3-5 turns.

I wanted some way to prevent a poisoned pokemon form switching out. So I based the move off of fire spin and wrap.
Sounds cool. Fire Spin doesn’t burn an opponent, though.

A physical fire move Arcanine can learn that does 80 damage or more and does no recoil damage or stat reducing. It was so disaapointing Arcanine could not learn Fire Lash.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
A physical fire move Arcanine can learn that does 80 damage or more and does no recoil damage or stat reducing. It was so disaapointing Arcanine could not learn Fire Lash.

How about this;

Mach Burn
80 BP Physical Fire attack.
10pp 100acc.
10% Burn chance.
Covered in flames this full body attack slams into foes at such speeds it ignored speed buffs and priority.

alphatyranitar

Stone molar- 90 power, 100% accurate, 10% chance of lowering your defense but a 20% chance of lowering theirs, physical contact biting move, single target

Lycanroc, tyrantrum, tyranitar, aerodactyl, armaldo, archeops, Barbaracle should all get it for sure

D

Deleted member 384931

Cool idea you have! I would likeva new Steel move because there arent that many of them

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Girly Punch!

A fairy type move that also does fighting type damage. (...or a fighting type move that also does fairy type damage? :3)

That would be soooooo cute. And Hawlucha could be one of the Pokemon that would learn it! 'Cuz that would be so funny and silly xD

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Cool idea you have! I would likeva new Steel move because there arent that many of them

Hammer Drill
70bp Physical Steel attack.
20pp 100acc
Spinning at high speeds and then slamming down on a for with a force that would drill deep into the earth, this Pokemon strikes the for dealing extra damage to Ground types.
(Super effective vs ground types)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I would likeva new Steel move because there arent that many of them
Bombardment
User shoots metal fragments at its opponent which explode afterwards (exploding move so is therefore blocked by the Damp Ability)
Category: Special
Type: Steel
Base Power: 90
Accuracy: 100
Side effects: 10% chance of lowering Sp. Defense