• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 New Moves Wishlist

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Cool idea you have! I would likeva new Steel move because there arent that many of them

While maybe not what you are talking about, I thought of:

Sledge Hammer
150 BP
90% Accuracy
Deals damage and user must recharge after

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
While new moves are nice, I would also like to see more improvements to old moves. Like what they did with High Jump Kick and Leech Life. The elemental fangs would be prime targets, they amount to the only useful coverage a lot of physical attackers get, yet are so weak that they aren't worth using without a boosting ability or 4x effectiveness. I say make them equal in power to the elemental punches (maintaining the 95% accuracy to distinguish them from the punches).

I'd also really like it if they altered Stealth Rocks to do the same damage to everything its able to hit. It doesn't make sense for so many pokemon to be rendered so hard to use simply because of a commonly used hazard move.

Last edited:

Kdude146

I would like to see some new terrain moves for fire type it could be called Lava Terrain, dark type Nighty Terrain and ground type Sandy Terrain

Zaide

While new moves are nice, I would also like to see more improvements to old moves. Like what they did with High Jump Kick and Leech Life. The elemental fangs would be prime targets, they amount to the only useful coverage a lot of physical attackers get, yet are so weak that they aren't worth using without a boosting ability or 4x effectiveness. I say make them equal in power to the elemental punches (maintaining the 95% accuracy to distinguish them from the punches).

I'd also really like it if they altered Stealth Rocks to do the same damage to everything its able to hit. It doesn't make sense for so many pokemon to be rendered so hard to use simply because of a commonly used hazard move.
Kinda agree the fangs need an improvement. Boosting their power to 75 would make them more viable, and not too OP on Mega Sharpedo and Bruxish. Or maybe increase their flinching rate to 20%. Dunno what would be better.

Regarding stealth rock, I agree too. 50% is just too much. I'd cap the damage at 25%, personnally. So no matter if you're 2x or 4x weak, you get 25%. Or make the base damage 6%, but I think that would render stealth rock too weak. Or make it 12-18-25 for normal/2x effective/4x effective (that would be my prefered route).

Would make some Pokémon like Articuno, Yanmega and regular Charizard more viable, and most of the flying bugs not utter crap.
I would like to see some new terrain moves for fire type it could be called Lava Terrain, dark type Nighty Terrain and ground type Sandy Terrain
What would lava terrain and sandy terrain bring over sandstorm and sunny day? Wouldn't mind a dark-type terrain, though, but not called "nighty terrain" since terrains only affect grounded Pokémon, implying their effects are localized near the ground.

Hammer Drill
70bp Physical Steel attack.
20pp 100acc
Spinning at high speeds and then slamming down on a for with a force that would drill deep into the earth, this Pokemon strikes the for dealing extra damage to Ground types.
(Super effective vs ground types)
Love this idea.
Bombardment
User shoots metal fragments at its opponent which explode afterwards (exploding move so is therefore blocked by the Damp Ability)
Category: Special
Type: Steel
Base Power: 90
Accuracy: 100
Side effects: 10% chance of lowering Sp. Defense
The idea is cool, but it somehow renders flash cannon useless unless it's a move that only a select few Pokémon can learn. Would be nice if either:
1) It was multistrike move (you send multiple fragments)
2) It had a higher BP (110-130) but cause damage the next turn unless the pokemon switches out (basically sticky bombs with a timer)
3) It were an exclusive move with 100 BP that would be steel type but cause steel and fire type damage (like flying press is fighting but deals fighting and flying type damage)
4) It had 90 BP but 85% or 90% accuracy

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The idea is cool, but it somehow renders flash cannon useless unless it's a move that only a select few Pokémon can learn. Would be nice if either:
1) It was multistrike move (you send multiple fragments)
2) It had a higher BP (110-130) but cause damage the next turn unless the pokemon switches out (basically sticky bombs with a timer)
3) It were an exclusive move with 100 BP that would be steel type but cause steel and fire type damage (like flying press is fighting but deals fighting and flying type damage)
4) It had 90 BP but 85% or 90% accuracy
I felt like there needed to be a more powerful special Steel-type move, considering that most Steel-type attacks are physical. Either Flash Cannon can be buffed or a new move and Steel-type moves aren't really that great offensively so that a Special Defense reduction would be a blessing. Maybe it could be very powerful like having 110 BP with a 10% chance of reducing Special Defense by 2 stages but it has 5 PP (almost like Seed Flare) so that it's like a more potent Flash Cannon.

Zaide

I felt like there needed to be a more powerful special Steel-type move, considering that most Steel-type attacks are physical. Either Flash Cannon can be buffed or a new move and Steel-type moves aren't really that great offensively so that a Special Defense reduction would be a blessing. Maybe it could be very powerful like having 110 BP with a 10% chance of reducing Special Defense by 2 stages but it has 5 PP (almost like Seed Flare) so that it's like a more potent Flash Cannon.
A steel-type variant of seed flare would actually be pretty nice. Especially if Jirachi gets it. We could probably start seeing special attacking version of the wish maker. :3 I liked by multi-strike move idea though, would be nice to have just one more special one, along with water shuriken. Although there aren't really any skill link users that it would be viable with, except maybe shell smash cloyster. :|

Creyk

I want a ghost type explosion equivalent so we don't have that cop out switch in with a ghost and the move suddenly doesnt work anymore excuse

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A steel-type variant of seed flare would actually be pretty nice. Especially if Jirachi gets it. We could probably start seeing special attacking version of the wish maker. :3 I liked by multi-strike move idea though, would be nice to have just one more special one, along with water shuriken. Although there aren't really any skill link users that it would be viable with, except maybe shell smash cloyster. :|
Maybe it would be better if it strikes twice with that 10% effect on independent attacks but it’s a bit more powerful with 50 BP for each attack.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Ice Cowl
Ice attack
5pp
Changes the users ability to Refrigerate until switch out or end of battle.

Lightning Cowl
Electric Attack
5pp
Changes the users ability to Galvanize until switch out or end of battle.

Gale Cowl
Flying Attack
5pp
Changes the users ability to Aerilate until switch out or end of battle.

Magic Cowl
Fairy Attack
5pp
Changes the users ability to Pixilate until switch out or end of battle.

Scammel

A high-risk, powerful physical Fairy move, to give Granbull reason to exist outside of Intimidate. A high-risk, powerful physical Ghost move, to give Dusknoir reason to exist outside of giving Dusclops access to Eviolite.

Not to derail the thread, but I actually struggle to think of many absolutely critical gaps in the current range of moves. What's needed is some tinkering with distribution - see the physical Bug-types who desperately long for access to Megahorn.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
A high-risk, powerful physical Fairy move, to give Granbull reason to exist outside of Intimidate. A high-risk, powerful physical Ghost move, to give Dusknoir reason to exist outside of giving Dusclops access to Eviolite.

Not to derail the thread, but I actually struggle to think of many absolutely critical gaps in the current range of moves. What's needed is some tinkering with distribution - see the physical Bug-types who desperately long for access to Megahorn.

Why don't have to be high risk? Can't they just be powerful?

But to go with your suggestion. ( As well as
Guys, we need a rainbow themed special fairy type attack.

Just the Pokemon shooting a giant, glorious rainbow at the opponent.
)

Rainbow Blow
130 Physical Fairy attack.
90acc
10pp
The user leaps into the air and dives into the for with a rainbow of colors behind them. If they miss they slam into the ground dealing damage to themselves equal to half thier max HP.

Grave Destruction
150bp Physical Ghost attack
100acc
20pp
The user dives below the surface of the battlefield at the start of the turn preparing to deliver a devestating blow at the end of the turn. If the receive damage before attacking they flinch.

Last edited:

Scammel

High risk/conditional. Earthquake is still quite unique in possessing 100 base power with no risk or conditions attached outside the normal type mechanics - most other moves in this range have imperfect accuracy, recoil or other strings attached.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I feel like there should be a 100+ physical water move, probably equivalent to Flare Blitz/Wood Hammer
I have an idea for one, just to complete the starter type trio of powerful physical recoil moves.

Water Bomb
Type: Water
PP: 15
Category: Physical
Base Power: 120

Side effects: User takes 1/3 damage recoil

Kirby Dragons

I have an idea for one, just to complete the starter type trio of powerful physical recoil moves.

Water Bomb
Type: Water
PP: 15
Category: Physical
Base Power: 120

Side effects: User takes 1/3 damage recoil
I did this move, but I called it Fearless Fish so it would have a name like Brave Bird.