• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 New Moves Wishlist

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I did this move, but I called it Fearless Fish so it would have a name like Brave Bird.
Well they could but I would give it some different name base to use to make it more unique. Water Bomb is the best name I thought of so far...

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Well they could but I would give it some different name base to use to make it more unique. Water Bomb is the best name I thought of so far...

Naval Mine or Aqua Mine or Water Mine or Hydro Mine.

My thought for the physical recoild damage Water attack is that the user wraps itself in high pressure water and slams into the for causing a watery explosion that also causes damage to the user.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Naval Mine or Aqua Mine or Water Mine or Hydro Mine.

My thought for the physical recoild damage Water attack is that the user wraps itself in high pressure water and slams into the for causing a watery explosion that also causes damage to the user.
I thought of it being some drill attack except that Mine is replaced with Drill. The user covers itself in a drill-like high-pressure water vortex and rams itself into the opponent, causing a water explosion.

Bus

I'd like to see some physical fire moves added. After Fire Fang, Flareon's only option is Flare Blitz, so it has to hurt itself. Only things with Fists can get Fire Punch and very few pokemon get Heat Crash, so there aren't many options. Same for Electric. They've got Thunder Fang, then Wildcharge to hurt themselves with only select pokemon getting Thunderpunch in between.

I guess I'd like to see more...what would you call it...opposites? Physical moves for traditionally special type pokemon (Fire, Fairy, Electric, Ghost, and Psychic) while more Special moves for traditionally physical type pokemon (Rock, Special, Steel, and Fighting).

Other than that, I kind of like the variety we've got. Maybe some moves that cause environmental changes? Like a Fairy move that has a chance (equal to that of causing a status) to change the field to Misty Terrain, or an Electric move that does similar (but Electric Terrain, obviously).

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I thought of it being some drill attack except that Mine is replaced with Drill. The user covers itself in a drill-like high-pressure water vortex and rams itself into the opponent, causing a water explosion.

Speaking of drill attacks, we need a steel type drill attack. The Steel Z move is a major reminder of that fact.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Speaking of drill attacks, we need a steel type drill attack. The Steel Z move is a major reminder of that fact.
Well yeah considering we got Excadrill too. I’v been thinking about Drill Doze, which has 60 base power and increases its base power by 10 for every consecutive turn it’s used.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Well yeah considering we got Excadrill too. I’v been thinking about Drill Doze, which has 60 base power and increases its base power by 10 for every consecutive turn it’s used.

What if instead it's always a critical hit?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
What if instead it's always a critical hit?
Well it would be better if those two effects combine. Then we have a Steel-move that can pack a punch, more like drill a hole.

Gen82

Electric Grab.
Electric physical move
80Bp
15PP
95 Acc
20% of paralyzing opponent
The user grabs the for and releases 10,000 volts of electricity as he squeezes hard.

Wrecking Ball
Steel Physical move
100 BP
10PP
90 Acc
The user summons a large ball and chain and throws it at the opponent.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Lightning Lash
80bp 100acc
The user strikers the foe with an electrified lash. This lowers the target's Defense one stage.

Aqua Lash
80bp 100acc
The user strikers the foe with an watery lash. This lowers the target's Defense one stage.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I would like there to be an Electric based attack that gives the user priority. Say an Electric version of Quick Attack.

Otherwise an Electric version of Flame Charge which attacks the target and then raises the users speed.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I would like there to be an Electric based attack that gives the user priority. Say an Electric version of Quick Attack.

Otherwise an Electric version of Flame Charge which attacks the target and then raises the users speed.

Agree. It's somewhat baffling that a type know for it's speed lacks priority attacks. Can't remember if I suggested this earlier in topic but;

Lightning Bolt
80bp
100acc
5pp
The user bolts at the target charged with electricity and strikes before most other attacks. (+2 priority)

Gen82

Thunder Blitz
Electric Special move
2o BP
20 PP
100 Acc
The attack hits 2-5 times.
A number of thunder clouds are made. They seek out the target and explode in a burst of electricity.

This is just like Water Shuriken or Rock Blast for electric pokemon

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Slush Blast
Special Ice Attack
70bp 100acc 20pp
The user blast the target with stream of wet and cold slush. Due to the wetness it deals extra damage to Fire types.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Slush Blast
Special Ice Attack
70bp 100acc 20pp
The user blast the target with stream of wet and cold slush. Due to the wetness it deals extra damage to Fire types.
Yeah could see some Ice-types being more viable due to this attack. In some way it could be seen as an alternative to Freeze-Dry.

Gen82

Slush Blast
Special Ice Attack
70bp 100acc 20pp

You could also have it as a water move that has a chance to freeze the oppent.

Kirby Dragons

I'd like a move that does nothing but freeze. Course, it'd probably have 50-60% accuracy, but that's okay.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'd like a move that does nothing but freeze. Course, it'd probably have 50-60% accuracy, but that's okay.
Yeah me too. It could be called Ice Pellet where it shoots a ball of freezing energy and freezes the opponent upon contact.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I would like to see more moves that function like Photon Geyser, in that the damage the deal with depends on which of your Pokemon's two attack stats is higher

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
When the heck is Acid Rain going to become a move?

I figured that would've happened by Gen 3. It would be such an amazing weather effect, too. Especially if it's super effective against both Steel and Water.