• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Region Hopes and Dreams

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
Is there a particular part of the world you are hoping or suspect Gen 8's region will be based on?
What kinds of past areas are you hoping will be accessible in Gen 8 region?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Italy or Greece to continue the mythical aspects of the Pokemon World. The roman or greece mythology could also expand some of Sinnoh's mythology for the remakes. Those countries aren't to hot and parts of them also have a rather mild to cold climate. Especially Italy does have a wide variaty of different landscapes. For me they would be the perfect base for the 8th gen region.

Other than that a region based on a country from South-America would be great. Argentina or Brazil would make great regions but also the northern countries.

I've also thought about no base and them designing a region based on their own ideas regarding the landscapes and the size. The cities could be based on different cities around the world. Cities looking like San Francisco, Venice, Rio de Janeiro or Mombei in one region would be something new.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
After two rounds of tropical Alola, I hope the next region goes in the opposite direction climate-wise. So, Alaska, Canada, Scandinavia, and Russia are probably the best bets for that.

Orphalesion

After two rounds of tropical Alola, I hope the next region goes in the opposite direction climate-wise. So, Alaska, Canada, Scandinavia, and Russia are probably the best bets for that.

Don't forget that right before Alola, we got sub-tropical Hoenn.

Though I gotta say in real life I really don't like cold weather. However, in a video game I wouldn't have to experience the bad parts about it :p My favourite cold (well cold-ish) place would be British Columbia. Those temperate rain forests would be stunning! And Vancouver is the perfect traditional "big city"
Another interesting cold climate option would be the southern part of Argentina and Chile with Terra Del Fuego (also South America is a continent we haven't visited yet) Or, closer to home, maybe Tasmania or the southern island of New Zealand, with a post-game area in Antarctica (that's also a possibility for Argentina/Chile)

World Turtle

Italy or Greece to continue the mythical aspects of the Pokemon World. The roman or greece mythology could also expand some of Sinnoh's mythology for the remakes. Those countries aren't to hot and parts of them also have a rather mild to cold climate. Especially Italy does have a wide variaty of different landscapes. For me they would be the perfect base for the 8th gen region.

Greece where the Olympics began could be the perfect region for where the first Official Pokemon League would be founded. As an alternative Rome has the Colosseum.

Other than that a region based on a country from South-America would be great. Argentina or Brazil would make great regions but also the northern countries.

I want Brazil mainly because north of it is Guyana. Where Mew was discovered according to the journal entries found in the ruins of Pokemon Mansion. Now on the border is Mt. Roraima which would inspire Arthur Conan Doyle to write his novel: The Lost World.
Regional Variants of Fossils anyones? They're pre-fossilization types? Or the type they became to survive going extinct.
In reverse we also get 'prehistoric forms' of modern Pokemon.

Doesn't even have to be a main game. I'd be sold on a side-game that focuses more on exploration and capture and perhaps having to stop some Age of Exploration/Discovery-styled villains. Maybe they're seeking the PokeEarth version of El Dorado or the Lost City of Z.

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
My top choice would be a cold region. It can still have warm areas. But a region with under alot of snow would be different and fun.

Scandanavia could be a good option (namely Norway or Denmark). Or maybe a Pokemon play on Iceland and Greenland. Heck they could base the region in England or Alaska. Maybe Michigan and the Great Lakes.

M.P.

Retired
Scandinavia would be my top choice as well: I'd really like to see a cold region next, and I happen to live very close to Scandinavia, so having a region based on it would be really nice.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
As others have said I'd like to see a region set in a colder climate. Ideally I'd like to see the region based off Canada or Scandinavia.

EDIT: I think they could do a lot with a region based off Canada. They could use the geography around the Great Lakes and even Hudson Bay. Also I imagine Niagara Falls could be an important landmark that would be a scenic area in game.

Also I'd like to see an area set in the arctic. Whether its be plains or mountains I'd like to see a large snowy area to explore.

Last edited:

AG128L

I think we’re due for a colder climate as well, but I do want to see a region based on South America. I like the idea of Tierra del Fuego. Maybe we could go a bit further north so that the entire region isn’t cold, but it would be neat to start in the snowy area for once. We could finally get some early game ice types.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Gonna expand a bit onoa earpy thought.

A region based around something like the Great Lakes would be interesting. Make it the first land locked region. You don't know what is beyond the borders to the north/east/south/West, but the main region is around a collection of 5ish lakes. Not only could the region be different in climate, but it just be different in how it appears.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I suspect the likely region we will be getting will be based on Spain given recent hints and trends and the fact that there is barely any other evidence that points to pretty much anywhere else in the world. Other than that, a "region" I would like to see a region map that includes the Shandong Penninsula of China, the Southern Korean Penninsula, and the Tsushima Island of Japan with Wind Waker-style traveling across the sea.

Orphalesion

I suspect the likely region we will be getting will be based on Spain given recent hints and trends and the fact that there is barely any other evidence that points to pretty much anywhere else in the world.

This has made me curious....what are the hints that pass for Spain? not that I'd complain if it was Spain, I'm just dumbfounded at your mention of hints...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'd like a colder region like many others! Also I think a region that has a 'darker' feel would be interesting, with dark or eerie histories and myths. More so than any other region!
Maybe somewhere in the Scandinavian will be suitable for this, considering it has strong histories especially with the Vikings where they had a history of piracy at the seas and that the region is cold.

shoz999

This has made me curious....what are the hints that pass for Spain? not that I'd complain if it was Spain, I'm just dumbfounded at your mention of hints...
It's not confirmed and it's nothing new but out of all the locations, a lot of Pokemon fans have noticed that Spain seems to stands out the most thanks to some hints, trends, and even a rumor by the same guy who started the bizarre and very unbelievable rumor at the time, Team Rainbow Rocket in USUM. Ignoring the rumor though as the guy didn't get 100% right about USUM, the hints and trends are pretty much this...
  • Many of the integral GameFreak employees, such as Junichi Masuda, visited Spain on vacation for "research" in 2014 and visited a conference to meet up with Pokemon Fans in Spain. The last time they visited Spain I believe was back in 2016 though.
  • Spain is a very popular tourist spot for Japanese. In fact Flamenco Dancing is the second biggest in Japan, right behind Spain.
  • The Spanish Flag Colors are on the new design of Ash's clothings, specifically his collar, in the Pokemon Everyone's Story Movie. Perhaps a hint what the main male protagonist looks like in 8th gen?
  • The Tapus and Oricorio coincidentally symbolize four nations/regions that have all made an appearance in Pokemon represented through a region except one, Spain.
  1. Yellow Tapu Koko is a rooster but also resembles a Eagle, Yellow Oricorio looks like a cheerleader = America (Gen 5)
  2. Purple Tapu Fini resembles a Swordfish, Purple Oricorio resembles a Japanese Dancer = Japan (Gens 1-4),
  3. Pink Tapu Lele resembles a Butterfly, Pink Oricorio resembles a Hula Dancer = Hawaii (Gen 7),
  4. Red Tapu Bulu resembles a Bull, Red Oricorio resembling a Flamenco Dancer = Spain (???).
  • In 6th gen, there is mention of a Sun Dial and a Moon Dial. It is believed by some fans that the Moon Dial is in a Spain-inspired region south to Kalos.
Other than that, almost all the signs point to Spain and nowhere else. Like literally there is almost no evidence of Pokemon going anywhere else but Spain. However take it with a grain of salt. Just because Spain is a likely contender doesn't mean it could be the next region. It could be for 9th or 10th generation for all we know... but then again. The Pokemon Movie featuring Ash's Design is coming this year.

Last edited:

shoz999

You know... I always wanted a super Mediterranean Region encompassing from Spain to Rome to Greece to the Middle East to Egypt to Carthage etc. That is definitely unlikely but that would be such a cool thing to see. Imagine Wind Waker-style travel, your traveling all the way from the Medieval-style castles of Spain to the Archcitecture of Greece to the many dead ancient cities of the Levant to the pyramids of Egypt to the Colosseums of Rome.