• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Region Hopes and Dreams

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
If they wanted to do something different they could create a landlocked region that only has rivers and lakes. But I doubt they'd ever do that because so many water Pokemon an only be found in the ocean.

I mean half the region in hoenn was water with plenty of repeating routes of tentacool, magikarp, and other Pokemon. And Alola is basically just a series of islands. I would not be surprised if they went that route. Anything for a nice bit of change.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I want another unique andbeautiful region like Kalos, which unfortunatelly we only got to visit once

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I'd like a region based on one of these nations: UK, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece or Prussia (historical nation, but...)

Orphalesion

Wasn’t Kalos based on the entirety of France though?

Excuse me? No!

It left out the best part of France; the southern half. The Provence, Aquitaine, the Cote d'Azure.....and well, I guess Corsica. There's heaps of stuff in those regions that would be awesome to see; Roman Ruins, the fortress city of Carcasonne, a region that almost looks like Colorado/parts of Australia as far as ground colour and rock formations go. Cannes. The French Rivera. There's even snowy mountains for those who are sick of the warm regions.
As far as I'm concerned X/Y left out the best part of France.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I hope it's Alaska or someplace like that for one main reason. In the real world, Alaska is a state in the U.S., but it is really close to Russia and shares a border with Canada and is, essentially, cut off from the lower 48 states (much like Hawaii, but Hawaii isn't close to a nation that is not getting along with the U.S. at the moment and, for the better part of a century was engaged in a Cold War against the U.S. It would provide several story opportunities, maybe having the Alaska-based region being part of a larger nation far to the south and possibly having a powerful neighboring region that it has uneasy, at best, relations with.

I would love a region based in Brazil. I'm a brazillian and I can say, we have a large variety of climates that would be great to inspire diverse types of Pokémon. We also have the largest part of Amazon, the largest river in the world (Amazon River), deserts in brazillian northeast states, icy/cold areas in brazillian south states, rainforests areas in the northern states,, tropical forest/ very urbanized areas in the Southeast and finnaly a central region that has a dry/ plain area.

Luthor

I kinda hope there is an explanation behind the mysterious force in Pokemon Go in the gen 8 games. The Let's go partner pokemon have a description saying they came to the Kanto Region through some mysterious force instead of the usual fateful encounter. Speaking of the partner pokemon in Let's go I hope there is a way to move them to these games as they would be cool to see (especially with their added stats and unique moves) and it would give them a chance to have abilities.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
A region based on East Africa (specifically the countries of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda) would be great. Many lakes, savannas, forests, a few mountains, some desert, and coasts. Maybe a Battle facility in the region's equivalent to Zanzibar. Some of the animals found in this part of the world would make great Pokemon. Wildebeest, Cheetah, a better hippo (water-type PLEASE), an actual hyena (preferably spotted, but striped works too), a different elephant, a new rhino, ostrich, gazelle, Nile monitor, Aardvark, I could literally go on!

SatoSereFan224888

How about a region based off the map from GTA: San Andreas. The Los Santos setting would be full of glamour since it would be based off Los Angeles, the San Fierro setting would be technologically advanced since it would be based off modern-day San Francisco, and maybe an entertainment like city in Las Venturas since that's based off Las Vegas.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I want a cold region next. And that's the one we'll most likely get next following the patterns.
I think the most likely one would be Canada. And that's the one I want most too.
Or maybe a region based on my country (Finland.)

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
If they wanted to do something different they could create a landlocked region that only has rivers and lakes. But I doubt they'd ever do that because so many water Pokemon an only be found in the ocean.

Can't remember if it was this thread or another somewhere, but I would love this. Somewhere like Michigan and the great lakes would be interesting. And big lakes for plenty of space for water types (just might have to miss out on certain more "oceany" water types. We have so many water types in general though.... I think we will be fine for water reps.)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
In a previous thread I did suggest a region based off all the Great Lakes. The lakes would be the livelihood of the region with lots of trade and water routes.

Creyk

I want a cold region next. And that's the one we'll most likely get next following the patterns.
I think the most likely one would be Canada. And that's the one I want most too.
Or maybe a region based on my country (Finland.)

What sort of pattern are you referring to? A cold region would be bomb.

World Turtle

Have there been any hints in LGPE like with the strange souvenir in XY being a hint towards Alola/Hawaii?

The one thing I've seen brought up is that map/picture of an unknown landmass (one big and long with a smaller one next to it) in the house where the TM Dig gets stolen from. Does it look familiar to anyone? I've see it compared to the UK. Which I can kind of see in a "if it was drawn by a kid" way...

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Have there been any hints in LGPE like with the strange souvenir in XY being a hint towards Alola/Hawaii?

The one thing I've seen brought up is that map/picture of an unknown landmass (one big and long with a smaller one next to it) in the house where the TM Dig gets stolen from. Does it look familiar to anyone? I've see it compared to the UK. Which I can kind of see in a "if it was drawn by a kid" way...

I honestly don't think that's what they were going for. To me it looks like a slightly tilted Japan with Hokkaido moved more central. I think it could be the Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh landmass

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

It was compared to several different locations over on Bulbagarden. Some thought it was the UK, some thought it was Scandinavia, and some thought it was The Bahamas.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
What sort of pattern are you referring to? A cold region would be bomb.

The pattern I'm referring to goes like this: Gen 1 Kanto & Gen 5 Unova temperate/diverse region. Gen 2 Johto & Gen 6 Kalos Temperate/Diverse region.
Gen 3 Hoenn & Gen 7 Alola Subtropical/Tropical Region
And Gen 4 Sinnoh Cold region. So I'm thinking that gen 8 region could be a cold one.

Nodame

Misty <3
A region based on Scandinavia would be amazing. Anyone who watches Mr Buddy’s hypothetical videos on YouTube would understand me.