• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Region Hopes and Dreams

SunnyD-Pad

My Diglett makes the hoes to Squirtle
I would like to see California represented as a Pokémon region, where the main topic the technological innovations, the comeback of Bill from generation 1 where now he runs a big tech company like Apple designing new Pokedex versions with new features and the evil team are a bunch of hackers invading the privacy of the trainers and you have to stop them and the legendary Pokémon from the box art gets angry because the nature is getting destroyed by the tech companies and you have to catch him on a mountain like Yosemite and fix the problem of contamination and personal information at the same time in one huge open world game. There's going to be a big cosmopolitan city like LA with a gym that resembles the castle of Disneyland and in the city there's going to be a lot of references of famous movies and Hollywood actors and Alcatraz is going to be a place were you can fight again all the team leaders from previous games :D.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I’m hoping for a region based off of India. And if it’s an Indian region, I hope there is going to be a cold part of the game based off of Mt. Everest. There could also be a peacock Pokémon that would be the new regional bird or a starter. Australia is my second choice if I were to decide. That would be a good place too.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Why does everyone want a peacock all of a sudden...?

Also, as an Australian, I absolutely HATE the idea of an Australian region. Foreigners trying to pronounce Australian words is cringey enough as it is.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???

Also, as an Australian, I absolutely HATE the idea of an Australian region. Foreigners trying to pronounce Australian words is cringey enough as it is.

That same logic can be applied to Kalos. How many French people get mildly irratated when they see some American trying to pronounce french names?

It happens to any culture of interest. It's really not that big of a deal.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I suppose because its an iconic bird that has no pokemon equivalent, and its feather fan could be adapted in any number of creative ways as a pokemon.

<><><>

One hope I've liked in recent days, that has no doubt been said before, is the idea that if they do gyms then they could have a new take on them where the gyms specialize in a single ability or group of similar abilities instead of being restricted to a typing. Like there could be a Sturdy gym, a Intimidate gym, a gym of pokemon whose abilities are linked to Sunny Day, etc.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
That same logic can be applied to Kalos. How many French people get mildly irratated when they see some American trying to pronounce french names?

It happens to any culture of interest. It's really not that big of a deal.

I mean, it would be another hot region which would be annoying. Australia DOES have colder areas (I live about 2ish hours from a snowy area) but, like Alola, it would be majority warm. That'd be the third hot region in a row. My city would probably be adapted which is cool, but I've tried teaching Americans how to say it and there's just no way.

Orphalesion

Oh get off your high horse, it's not like NPCs in the game would run around calling each other "Bogan" :rolleyes:

The cringey part of an Australian region would be that it'd be a Japanese Tourist's version of whatever province they choose to adapt, just like with France/Kalos and Hawaii/Alola.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The cringey part of an Australian region would be that it'd be a Japanese Tourist's version of whatever province they choose to adapt, just like with France/Kalos and Hawaii/Alola.
Yeah, hoping that it won't go as far to that. I'm expecting at least one of the things to be in the game and I'm certain there's going to be beaches like those based on Bondi Beach and Surfers Paradise Beach, parallel landmarks similar to Uluru, Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House and areas for wild Pokémon sightings like Kangaskhan and Komala out in the middle of the wild and perhaps those based off national parks around Australia.

Acer11

Yeah, hoping that it won't go as far to that. I'm expecting at least one of the things to be in the game and I'm certain there's going to be beaches like those based on Bondi Beach and Surfers Paradise Beach, parallel landmarks similar to Uluru, Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House and areas for wild Pokémon sightings like Kangaskhan and Komala out in the middle of the wild and perhaps those based off national parks around Australia.
Don't forget the Outback, the mountains, Tazmania, and the Great Barrier Reef.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Don't forget the Outback, the mountains, Tazmania, and the Great Barrier Reef.
Just had to put out some examples there but I couldn't list all of them. The outback is outright obvious. Not sure if some of the people at Game Freak will ever go to Tasmania but I think it'll be likely they'll go there at some point. Maybe there is a Tasmanian devil-like Pokémon that can be only be found in that parallel Tasmania. Out of the mountains, I think that the Blue Mountains are the most likely to be included, especially the Three Sisters, and possibly the Great Dividing Range as a whole. The Great Barrier Reef is likely to be included anyway. However, in fact, what I was originally talking about was how the insight into an Australia-based region could be based too much on the tourist lens, especially from Japanese tourists, and how it shapes the view of an Australia that could exacerbate stereotypes, especially for non-Australian players. However I did cover a decent number of hotspots that tourists would go to. I could have went onto more but unfortunately I wasn't able to list way more.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Why does everyone want a peacock all of a sudden...

Ummm.... I'm gonna throw this out there. I've been playing Pokemon since the start (in the states that is). And right up there with D
Dolphin and a few other animals/creatures as far as requests for Pokemon inspirations is peacock.

I wanna say Psychic/Flying has been the most common type suggestion for it.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Victorian London would be interesting. Really hoping the concept is being neutral and that good and evil doesn't exist or exploring the line between it. Maybe we have multiple choices changing the final outcome or maybe they could have the player helping the "evil team" only to find out the people fighting them were the ones who were the real enemy. If it is in Victorian times having the champion be the queen of the region would be a nice touch.

Acer11

Ummm.... I'm gonna throw this out there. I've been playing Pokemon since the start (in the states that is). And right up there with D
Dolphin and a few other animals/creatures as far as requests for Pokemon inspirations is peacock.

I wanna say Psychic/Flying has been the most common type suggestion for it.
Maybe a possibility in a Jack-in-a-Box. What? We got some that were based on candles, chandeliers, sand castles, balls, magnets, gears, meteors, stone walls, fireworks, black holes, ice cream cones, garbage bags, origami, and cotton candy.

Nodame

Misty <3
Victorian London would be interesting. Really hoping the concept is being neutral and that good and evil doesn't exist or exploring the line between it. Maybe we have multiple choices changing the final outcome or maybe they could have the player helping the "evil team" only to find out the people fighting them were the ones who were the real enemy. If it is in Victorian times having the champion be the queen of the region would be a nice touch.
This is the best idea I’ve read.. I love England and Victorian theme.

Acer11

Is the new region going to be based on South America or London? I can't tell because the Youtuber RuffledRowlit keeps posting new rumors.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Is the new region going to be based on South America or London? I can't tell because the Youtuber RuffledRowlit keeps posting new rumors.

Nothing confirmed. So as of now these rumors are barely rumors. Just conversations.

Orphalesion

Regardless of those rumors, i wouldn't mind a region based on Great Brittan....just don't make Ireland be the post game area, Gamefreak, or otherwise I'll have to be rather cross...Ireland deserves it's own region.

Could be very pretty and atmospheric. Rose gardens and rolling hills and and cliffs and stuff. Maybe something based on Stonehenge...and they could implement dymanic weather (with a 6/10 chance of rain or something :p)