• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Region Hopes and Dreams

World Turtle

Bird Keeper Toby gives his thoughts on the calendar picture.

...could anyone else feel his angrish through the screen?

Frankly, he has a point. The regional maps tend to be more accurate then that. Creative liberties aside they do get the general shape down.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Frankly, he has a point. The regional maps tend to be more accurate then that. Creative liberties aside they do get the general shape down.
I feel like he got way too heated over it. The speculation isn’t going to stop no matter how much you try. I do agree with the basis of his argument

Lucky3

I might buy that that's an stylized version of the UK if you didn't need to turn it around. If they're going to make an UK region, why would they randomly choose to turn it sideways?

I also don't see why it'd be so thin. They made Manhattan bigger for Unova, but that made sense because they wanted to fit a lot of stuff on it.

Honestly my first thought when seeing that shape is India, disregarding the fact it's an island.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
He needs chill .....i know how he feel but you can't stop people from doing do theory of next gen 8 region.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Looks kinda like Ambon in Indonesia too with a smaller island above it. Maybe this could be an Asian region like Okinawa?

Orphalesion

I might buy that that's an stylized version of the UK if you didn't need to turn it around. If they're going to make an UK region, why would they randomly choose to turn it sideways?

Well they did rotate Kyushu by 90 degrees to create Hoenn...

DSDark

Breeder

I also don't see why it'd be so thin. They made Manhattan bigger for Unova, but that made sense because they wanted to fit a lot of stuff on it.

Honestly my first thought when seeing that shape is India, disregarding the fact it's an island.

Not every region is a direct relation the country they are designed off. Hawaii is not a cluster of four islands in a square. Kalos is pretty much france. NYC is not the same as Unova, Sinnoh is pretty accurate, Hoenn as state is rotated, and Kanto and Johto are both spot on.

So if the next region is based of the UK, it could be rotated, or flipped or stretched

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Not every region is a direct relation the country they are designed off. Hawaii is not a cluster of four islands in a square. Kalos is pretty much france. NYC is not the same as Unova, Sinnoh is pretty accurate, Hoenn as state is rotated, and Kanto and Johto are both spot on.

So if the next region is based of the UK, it could be rotated, or flipped or stretched

I agree with what your saying..... To a degree. I think the previous regions have been similiar enough that they don't feel like such a stretch as to the inspiration.

That calendar region doesn't look like a similiar shape at all.

I'm not doubting we could potentially get a UK region (in fact it's one of my top favorite locations for one) nor do I think it would be terrible if they opted to change the rotation of it. Heck they could rotate it and flip it like a mirror and I'd be game ..... I just don't think that calendar shows a hypothetical UK inspired region.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I agree with what your saying..... To a degree. I think the previous regions have been similiar enough that they don't feel like such a stretch as to the inspiration.

I'm not doubting we could potentially get a UK region (in fact it's one of my top favorite locations for one) nor do I think it would be terrible if they opted to change the rotation of it. Heck they could rotate it and flip it like a mirror and I'd be game ..... I just don't think that calendar shows a hypothetical UK inspired region.

I agree with you. It's missing several parts and the UK isn't just an island.

DSDark

Breeder

I'm going to disagree. I do think that the calendar map, while scaled and compressed, is a good enough representation of the UK for a region.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

I agree with him. Not everything is some obscure hint.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just want an interesting main story, a villainous team that is actually threatening, creative new Pokémon, and Gym Leaders that have actual personalities.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
We can pretty much say at this point that the Crown and Sceptre leak is dead. It claimed that the game would be revealed near New Year's Day.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
We can pretty much say at this point that the Crown and Sceptre leak is dead. It claimed that the game would be revealed near New Year's Day.
Yeah. It said the announcement would be New Years then the Direct would be 1-2 weeks later. It’s a shame tho. Would’ve loved a UK region. I’m starting to buy into gen 8 being in Southeast Asia somewhere

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Yeah. It said the announcement would be New Years then the Direct would be 1-2 weeks later. It’s a shame tho. Would’ve loved a UK region. I’m starting to buy into gen 8 being in Southeast Asia somewhere

I think it's funny how people get so invested in something we have absolutely 0 evidence towards.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I think it's funny how people get so invested in something we have absolutely 0 evidence towards.
Yeah I’m usually good at blowing off leaks and not getting my hopes up. I’ll admit that England one had me roped tho. Just cuz I wanted it so bad. I actually hope the Southeast Asia thing is wrong. I just know a lot of different “leakers” (be it real or not) have said that’ll be it

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Team Skull is one of my favorite regional evil teams because they broke the stale line of previous regional teams wanting to control a legendary Pokémon to expand or rule the entire world that started in Gen III. I would like more unique takes in a way that Team Rocket and Team Skull did with the regional team in Gen VIII.

I still like Team Plasma the most to this day but I cannot help but appreciate Team Skull for just being a bunch of idiotic, lovable thugs led by a great character in the human form of Guzma.

Finally, as @Captain Jigglypuff said, keep the gym leaders/equivalent of them with good personalities. Gen VI was a major disappointment in that regard coming off of Unova’s characters.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yeah I’m usually good at blowing off leaks and not getting my hopes up. I’ll admit that England one had me roped tho. Just cuz I wanted it so bad. I actually hope the Southeast Asia thing is wrong. I just know a lot of different “leakers” (be it real or not) have said that’ll be it
That was Puik and Plus & Minus. They were already debunked.