• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Region Hopes and Dreams

DSDark

Breeder
One of the biggest things that should happen in gen 8 is mythical pokemon should have a story. I loved that in gen 4 Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus were not just given but you had to get an item and go out and actually catch them in game. This should return.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
One of the biggest things that should happen in gen 8 is mythical pokemon should have a story. I loved that in gen 4 Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus were not just given but you had to get an item and go out and actually catch them in game. This should return.
Yes. The concept of mythical Pokémon is pointless now. “Yes. It’s one of the rarest Pokémon in the world!” *hands you a free Zeraora* Seeing how the Arceus event was taken away though, I fear we will never see that kind of treatment for mythicals again. Last time we had it was Victini with Liberty Pass

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

I'd argue all legends be they legend or mythical should have story.

Honestly capture it at the back of a random cave, or handed to you in a PokeCenter.... neither really is all that exciting.

DSDark

Breeder
Yes. The concept of mythical Pokémon is pointless now. “Yes. It’s one of the rarest Pokémon in the world!” *hands you a free Zeraora* Seeing how the Arceus event was taken away though, I fear we will never see that kind of treatment for mythicals again. Last time we had it was Victini with Liberty Pass

I do agree that pokemon company not formally giving out the flute for Arceus was cruel. However with the amount of mystery gift events they give out now, I think they have a better handle on the online distribution. However the last time they did an event like this in general was Victini which is insane. Gen 6 and 7 were both give out generations. The mythicals should be locked behind items. This would be great to dlc's/events.

Look at smash bros they have spirits that are locked behind events that they going on. Gen 8 could do something similar with dlc/mythicals. On mystery gift they give out whatever item they create. Then they could past legendaries through events that rotate through monthly.

I'd argue all legends be they legend or mythical should have story.

Honestly capture it at the back of a random cave, or handed to you in a PokeCenter.... neither really is all that exciting.

I do think that actually going to an area and having to catch is different then it just being handed to you. There's way more to the process of catching the pokemon.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I do think that actually going to an area and having to catch is different then it just being handed to you. There's way more to the process of catching the pokemon.

Sorta. I mean you have to battle your way there. And then if you choose to you can weaken the legendary, and throw Pokeballs till it's captured.

That said you can also Repel your way there, and Masterball it.

Regardless though these are supposed to be incredibly rare special and powerful Legendary Pokemon..... That don't have much legendaryness talked about them aside from maybe a book in a random building. And they spend thier free time sitting in a cave waiting for a 10 year old PC to come battle them and capture them.

I want more story, quests to them and what not before that part.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I do agree that pokemon company not formally giving out the flute for Arceus was cruel. However with the amount of mystery gift events they give out now, I think they have a better handle on the online distribution. However the last time they did an event like this in general was Victini which is insane. Gen 6 and 7 were both give out generations. The mythicals should be locked behind items. This would be great to dlc's/events.

Look at smash bros they have spirits that are locked behind events that they going on. Gen 8 could do something similar with dlc/mythicals. On mystery gift they give out whatever item they create. Then they could past legendaries through events that rotate through monthly.

I also liked that the mythical Pokémon were tied to characters we had already met or helped give the games’ plots more meaning. Like how Shaymin was tied to Oak, or the implication that it was Darkrai all along who was giving bad dreams to the captain’s son in Canalave, and I loved having to fight Team Plasma so they wouldn’t get Victini. I’d love things like this. I also love the idea of doing the same thing for past gen mythicals. Maybe see the return of Colress for a Genesect DLC, Professor Rowan for a Darkrai one, Zinnia for Deoxys, etc.

DSDark

Breeder
Sorta. I mean you have to battle your way there. And then if you choose to you can weaken the legendary, and throw Pokeballs till it's captured.

That said you can also Repel your way there, and Masterball it.

Regardless though these are supposed to be incredibly rare special and powerful Legendary Pokemon..... That don't have much legendaryness talked about them aside from maybe a book in a random building. And they spend thier free time sitting in a cave waiting for a 10 year old PC to come battle them and capture them.

I want more story, quests to them and what not before that part.

I can agree, you could just repel and masterball. So do like the idea that it should be an actual event. There should be a story behind each mythical. While I was never the biggest fan of the ultra beasts I did like that they had their own story.

I also liked that the mythical Pokémon were tied to characters we had already met or helped give the games’ plots more meaning. Like how Shaymin was tied to Oak, or the implication that it was Darkrai all along who was giving bad dreams to the captain’s son in Canalave, and I loved having to fight Team Plasma so they wouldn’t get Victini. I’d love things like this. I also love the idea of doing the same thing for past gen mythicals. Maybe see the return of Colress for a Genesect DLC, Professor Rowan for a Darkrai one, Zinnia for Deoxys, etc.

This is a great idea. There's a whole wealth of pokemon lore and characters to pull from. If they want to rerelease legendarys or mythical they could create events to go with the pokemon. This would be better then here you go have a Ho-oh

JamesGillan

I am an Australia citizen and I think it would be amazing to see an Australian Region. Australia is full of animals that no other countries have and is also full of biomes which would be perfect for exploration. Things they could include; Great Barrier reef, Ayers Rock, Sydney Opera house, Sydney Bridge, Melbourne Star, Luna Park, Royal Melbourne Botanical gardens, the deep red deserts... And there are tonnes more! Australia is a big so there are many kinds of biomes; Tropical in the North, Temperate in the South, Snowy Mountains in Winter, Beautiful beaches, all kinds of deserts in the center and west. Iconic animals include; Koalas, Emus, Platypus, Kangaroo, Snakes, Dingoes, Tasmanian devil, Tasmanian Tiger.. THERES HEAPS!

What are your thoughts on an Australian Pokemon Region?

(This is a copy from an existing thread that I made)

Acer11

I am an Australia citizen and I think it would be amazing to see an Australian Region. Australia is full of animals that no other countries have and is also full of biomes which would be perfect for exploration. Things they could include; Great Barrier reef, Ayers Rock, Sydney Opera house, Sydney Bridge, Melbourne Star, Luna Park, Royal Melbourne Botanical gardens, the deep red deserts... And there are tonnes more! Australia is a big so there are many kinds of biomes; Tropical in the North, Temperate in the South, Snowy Mountains in Winter, Beautiful beaches, all kinds of deserts in the center and west. Iconic animals include; Koalas, Emus, Platypus, Kangaroo, Snakes, Dingoes, Tasmanian devil, Tasmanian Tiger.. THERES HEAPS!

Don't forget wombats

Pikachu111213

Traveler

Yes!!! Australia is in my top five areas I want to become a Pokémon region (the others being the UK, Spain, Italy, and Scandinavia). They could make the Sydney opera house a Pokémon World Tournament, or some new battle facility. And the Great Barrier Reef would be awesome. That said, no matter what the next region is, I hope diving returns. Diving further gave Hoenn its tropical vibe and I really think it was a huge missed opportunity that Alola didn’t feature it as well.

JamesGillan

Yes!!! Australia is in my top five areas I want to become a Pokémon region (the others being the UK, Spain, Italy, and Scandinavia). They could make the Sydney opera house a Pokémon World Tournament, or some new battle facility. And the Great Barrier Reef would be awesome. That said, no matter what the next region is, I hope diving returns. Diving further gave Hoenn its tropical vibe and I really think it was a huge missed opportunity that Alola didn’t feature it as well.

Yes diving would be great! Oml, diving in the Great Barrier Reef would be AMAZING!

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'd be game for Australia.... But I don't want the whole country. I imagine it being mostly the east coast with Tasmania as a ingame location to travel to.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I'd be game for Australia.... But I don't want the whole country. I imagine it being mostly the east coast with Tasmania as a ingame location to travel to.

With the Switch engine, I think the region should be huge. Or at least feel huge if that makes sense. I don’t know about actual statistics, but Alola felt pretty small to me tbh. I guess I just want for canyons or valleys to be huge ya know? Like vast Poni canyon wasn’t very wide. I want it to be a thing where you’re overlooking the route (at least for like a few of them) and you just think “Woah”

JamesGillan

True. It is one of the well known westerner countries, so I think that it will eventually become a region. Even if its 10 years away, I think that Australia is relevant to Pokemon.

firepanda

Definitely agree. I found Kalos a bit strange because France is such a massive and identifiable country. Were we supposed to believe we were strolling across the whole of France in a few days? The whole continent of Australia would be even more jarring.

I prefer smaller isolated regions, which still have a unique culture and history. e.g.
  • Scotland
  • Iceland
  • New Zealand
  • Yucatan

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Guys, we've never had a full country before... I dont think it will be as broad as "Australia" or "England". They're called regions for a reason.

JamesGillan

With the Switch engine, I think the region should be huge. Or at least feel huge if that makes sense. I don’t know about actual statistics, but Alola felt pretty small to me tbh. I guess I just want for canyons or valleys to be huge ya know? Like vast Poni canyon wasn’t very wide. I want it to be a thing where you’re overlooking the route (at least for like a few of them) and you just think “Woah”

Yeah, fair enough. Alola may have felt small due to the region being in the islands. Perhaps the islands ma
Definitely agree. I found Kalos a bit strange because France is such a massive and identifiable country. Were we supposed to believe we were strolling across the whole of France in a few days? The whole continent of Australia would be even more jarring.

I prefer smaller isolated regions, which still have a unique culture and history. e.g.
  • Scotland
  • Iceland
  • New Zealand
  • Yucatan

There's always Tasmania that could represent Australia if you like more island sort of Regions.