1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gen 8 Region Hopes and Dreams

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation 8 Discussion' started by PocketMonsterRealm, Jun 23, 2018.

1. ruxy_100

ruxy_100 Member

I wouldn't mind them doing something quite radical at some point - like setting a game in medieval times, with knights and dragons. You could add some interesting variants of modern Pokémon (pre-evolved, in the real-world sense) or Pokémon that have since become extinct in the modern timeline.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  2. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

This has probably been mentioned several times by others,
    But I think Pokemon Australia would be pretty freaking cool!

Otherwise, some locations in the USA that haven't been covered yet would be pretty cool. Back when Unova games were new I remember looking at the map and thinking to myself what if the next games pull a Johto and let us go back to Unova afterwards. The map looks like it was connecting to another region. What the Johto games did was really awesome and I'm legitimately disappointed they didn't do that with Unova.... or even Kalos potentially. Fans wanting to revisit multiple regions in one game is a fairly popular request so I don't understand why they won't do it again....

3. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

One idea I have is a region not based on a country or a city, but an entire subregion of a continent. For example, the entire Southeast Asia.

That way, it's like covering several countries at once.

4. PocketMonsterRealm

PocketMonsterRealm Since Crystal

Congo, so we can finally get an okapi pokemon :D

Kung Fu Ferret likes this.
  5. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

So I saw a video about how in the new Let's Go trailer there is a calendar on the wall with what looks to be a picture (of sorts) of an island or a region or something. Thing is it doesn't seem to match any current region.

The theory goes on that it seems to look like a rough concept of a 'on it's side' British Isles.

Soooo possible region based on great Britain for gen8?

6. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Well if any place were to to be the basis for the region that Kalos AKA France went to war with in the past. The UK would make perfect sense.
    England and France have had a very long historical rivalry.

7. paipr_christian

It would be interesting to see the region that vs. Kalos all them years ago. I'd be curious as to there side of it.

(All though for some reason a part of me has always assumed in was more of a civil war in Kalos)

Trey pokes and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  8. Kawaii Emolga

Kawaii Emolga Member

I want a cold region and a ice wolf pokemon ♥♥♥

9. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity would you want a completely new wolf or would you be okay with a regional form of Lycanroc?

(I'd be okay either way with that they'd do)

10. paipr_christian

I think I'd like a new Ice wolf personally. I love regional variants, but between Lycanroc already having 3 forms, and the lack of 'wolf' Pokemon, let's just let this one be a completely new species.

11. Kawaii Emolga

Kawaii Emolga Member

I would love both, but I think I prefer a completely new wolf
    :D

12. Ashton Ketchum

Ashton Ketchum Well-Known Member

Well, in my opinion, region based on UK be more perfect for anniversary 10 generation.

13. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

And Lycanroc's not the only wolf Pokemon
    If it's a regional form then give that to Mightyena

14. paipr_christian

Mightyena is mostly based on hyenas, not wolves.

Plus with a 420 bst and it's stat spread (and the fact that this far regional variants keep largely the same stat spread) a Ice type regional of Mightyena would end up being a pretty lackluster regional form.

Again, I'd rather see a brand new Pokemon for a Ice type wolf. Ice/Flying wolf based on howling winds. With a high speed stat and high attack (or special attack) it could be a glass cannon.

15. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Well, we had one region from Europe (kalos), one region from North America (unova), three regions from Asia (kanto, hoenn and sinnoh) and one from Oceania (alola).

I know that Hawaii is part of the USA, but geographically speaking Hawaii is part of Polynesia which is part of Oceania and it's culture, natives and origins represent more the Oceania than North america.

Therefore, we still don't have a region based on a place from South America nor Africa.

Anyway, whatever it's i just hope they don't focus too much on tropical regions, since we already got too much of that lately.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018 at 1:43 PM