• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Region Hopes and Dreams

JW1004

I kinda want them to change up the usual. Normally we get a snowy cave or a snow area at the end of the game and I would love if they change that up and let us start with it. I don't know what region in the world that would fit. I also would like to see more swampy areas. Also I would like some more water routes, I really missed them in Alola. I know some people aren't a fan of them, but with the big amount of Water Pokémon, I would love, rivers, lakes and a beach area to be part of the area with a lot of room to surf. And also have different Pokémon available in each of those areas.

Also I hope the Pokémon Go mechanism of catching Pokémon won't be part of the main catching, but will be the new way of encountering Pokémon with a rod. It always felt stupid to me to have a rod, encounter a Pokémon and then having to call out one of our own to battle it. They could expand this, by re-adding the honey feature of Gen 4 or having us hang down a net at certain trees and also implement that Go catching feature there to encounter certain bug, grass Pokémon etc.

And I hope the region is closer to Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh, and adds more cross gen evolutions, some regional forms for Gen V, VI & VII Pokémon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Areas I’d like to see become the next region are something based on the Amazon Rainforest, Australia, Spain, Italy, Greece, Canada, Russia, something along the lines of China or continental Asia, and the Sahara Desrt/savanna type region.

D

Deleted member 384931

Areas I’d like to see become the next region are something based on the Amazon Rainforest, Australia, Spain, Italy, Greece, Canada, Russia, something along the lines of China or continental Asia, and the Sahara Desrt/savanna type region.
A region where people see how important the climate is!

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
"Long-time fans should look forward to this" sparks so many hopes in me.

I wanna see more potential/attention for all the Pokémon that have been with us for a long time but have been forgotten. Every Stantler, Girafarig, Miltank, etc. that have made Pokémon super interesting should be given some type of mega evolution esque treatment that would allow them to be featured in a team and to actually shine.

I wanna have a moment where I'm standing in whatever city and have to think about/puzzle through/be confused about what I need to do next. Maybe even be able to make a decision about what to do next. Maybe it was simply because I was young and stupid, but I remember reaching a point in Saffron City where I was clueless and had to explore every bit before I could proceed and really felt like I was playing in Saffron City in stead of passing through before proceeding to the next gym.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I think I said this already so forgive me if I am repeating myself, but I would like to see more Ultra Beast and just in general an extensive storyline with them (even if its a side story that happens alongside the main plot) because I feel like there's a lot of potential there.

Maybe make it so there are a group of scientist studying them who found a way to travel to Ultra Space whenever they want so they can study the Ultra Beast and any new members they find.

I would make it so there's a bit of a population jump from the current 11 to 49, just make it so their is a decent size number of them but not to the point were its overwhelming.

As for a feature in the postgame, make it so that portals randomly open up at any time in most any location and the UBs that come out either need to be caught or defeated in order to deal with the problem.

I got a little carried away but still like I said I feel there is a lot of potential for the Ultra Beasts and Ultra Space

Sabre_King

I think one thing at the moment I want next generation is for the speed stat to be more balanced out throughout the next generation. Meaning I felt like generation 7 offered a lot of slower Pokémon that would have difficult matchups against Pokémon in previous generations. I understand not every Pokémon can be fast but I would want at least a decent amount of fast Pokémon next generation.

Ultra Beast Lover

I'd like it if it was a sort of two region thing, region 1 would be the normal region with eight gym badges, a little more world building, etc., and region 2 would be Ultra Megapolis. It'd be revealed that after USUM the people of Ultra Megapolis began to get curious about Pokearth and many wanted to move to a world filled with light. But both worlds were concerned about the sudden introduction of a bunch of people and what effect it would have on the environment. Space and food isn't a problem to Ultra Megapolis as they learned how to overcome that but their technology might produce a wave with an adverse effects on the Pokemon. They'll run some tests before they start letting people through and as an act of goodwill they invite you and several other people to their dimension.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm hoping and praying that GO ain't involved at all in gen 8. I want Sinnoh remakes and I want real Pokemon games like we got from Red/Blue to Ultra SM.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Based on recently revealed information, I think there would be around 83 (84) new Pokemon.
891 is not Meltan's Nat Dex number. That is its index number. Meltan's National Dex number is 808.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Hopefully the region will have a good number of mandatory caves and water routes, as well as an icy/snowy location that is accessible mid-game, as opposed to late-game. I'd also like the early-game forest area to have bodies of water, similiarly to Ilex Forest.

Amiti

I really want the next region to have as many landscapes as possible and less straight routes. Also, more of mysterious and deserted places, underwater, accessible ocean. Tbh Alola is the region of my dream, but so many potentials wasted because many of them cannot be fully explored. Namely the melemele waterfall and ravine, brooklet hill, wela volcano, blush mountain and of course the underwater. I hope all the places in the next region can be explored fully.

Red and Blue

I am bored dreaming of any new information. Like when do you guys think we will get any news?
Once the Let's Go games are out we should get the official announcement for Gen 8 in early 2019. Right now they need to promote the current games

Orphalesion

There might be some hints and stuff on Gen 8 in LGPE, so we might hear something from the people who bought it. And well, if the new Pokemon is a Gen 8 one then we will get its official reveal and name and types and stuff.
So there will be at least a little bit still this year.

DSDark

Breeder
I want people moving around from city to city and out to the routes. I'd like to meet a character out on route 1 walking and then when I defeat them I'd like to see them at the pokemon center or walking back out to route 1, or even to see them on route 2. Give character's walking paths. I would also like to see a day night cycle where a youngster is not out at 2 am standing on a route. Give these players home. Tranier go home at night, other trainers come out at night.

DSDark

Breeder
I have definitely fallen into one mindset when it comes to Pokemon 2019 and that's that it should pull heavily from Breath of the Wild. The region should also pull heavily from BOTW's Hyrule. The land mass is vast and open but varied. You have large portions of desserts, mountains, snow, ocean, tropic, marsh, forest, plains and even lava. You have settlements all over the place. Enemies and animals popping up all the time. This could easily work for Pokemon 2019.

I would also like the return of seasons from gen V

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

I'd like a ghost town, it'd be a burnt down place where you can see things like people looking outside their windows and people walking down streets. A worker tells you that they want to develop the land but everyone's afraid to touch the place without the ghosts' blessing. You go through the place doing stuff like making deliveries for a ghost, giving a few ghosts an offering, and battling them until you get to a young girl who does not want to leave despite everyone else leaving. She doesn't leave until you talk to her for three days straight. On the third day, after she departs and you leave the area and come back, the town will be filled with the families of the departed and a memorial that you can give excess items to (like berries)