• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Region Hopes and Dreams

Acer11

Yeah, fair enough. Alola may have felt small due to the region being in the islands. Perhaps the islands ma

There's always Tasmania that could represent Australia if you like more island sort of Regions.
Like, the area that would be based on the Outback would be huge.

Phillies

If they do Australia I would like and area based off of the Great Barrier Reef. There is a wide variety of marine life living there that they could base Pokemon off of. I also think having a large underwater area to explore would be fun.

Orphalesion

It would make absolutely no sense to makae a region based of "Australia". Has anybody looked at a map to see how huge Australia is? Might as well make a region based of "Europe" or "the USA".

It'd have to be a state. I'd reckon Victoria would make a good region. The Reef is off the coast of Queensland...and Queenlsand is also too huge to make into a region, though they could just use the Northern part, with the reef and Townsville and all that.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I also think having a large underwater area to explore would be fun.

With the level of technology shown in Pokemon who's to say there couldn't be an underwater city. Something along the lines of a modern day Atlantis but not as corrupt as Rapture from Bioshock. Additionally it'd be the perfect place to have a water type gym and an expansion of the diving mechanics from Gen 3.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
With the level of technology shown in Pokemon who's to say there couldn't be an underwater city. Something along the lines of a modern day Atlantis but not as corrupt as Rapture from Bioshock. Additionally it'd be the perfect place to have a water type gym and an expansion of the diving mechanics from Gen 3.

Yes! I’d love a seaside city where there is a sort of thing like the Marine Tube from Unova, but it leads to an underwater city. Recently, in real life, an underwater hotel in Maldives was created. And it looks stunning. Something like what I’d wanna see from the houses in this underwater city:
ithaa-undersea-restaurant-660x450.jpg

Wow. I’m suddenly getting flashbacks to when we got the first Alola map and people thought the stairs on the dock in Heahea City led to underwater.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think an Australia based region would be a Poison Type fan’s dream given all the venomous things living there that would make amazing Pokémon.

DSDark

Breeder
The ultimate must: whatever region Gen 8 is, we need to not be restricted to just T-shirts and shorts for customization options.

I honestly hope that every piece of clothing can be customized to any color. The amount of clothing options needs to increase as well. Shorts, Pants, T-Shirts, sweaters, etc. And let us change their color through berry dying

Ultra Beast Lover

I'd like more in the world building department. Maybe a history book or NPCs who tell us the story of the first Pokemon Battle. I'd imagine it would be like this, "Long ago there was a massive war, all regions fought each other in this war. During the final battle a trainer from each region came forth with three Pokemon, each a water, grass, and fire type. Yes they are the starters of each region. No one knows who won, no one cared, what mattered was that they all came to an understanding through this battle. And this is why we use the three starters to this day."

Also maybe a little reference to maybe why HMs aren't a thing anymore? Nothing major, it doesn't have to be dark or anything like that, maybe something like, "After the Team Plasma incidents people started to protest the use of HMs because it encouraged people to force young Pokemon to learn weak moves to move between towns. Ride Pokemon/(other substitute) was found to be better because they could be called on at any time and the Pokemon doesn't have to battle/will likely be strong enough to protect itself."

Creyk

Love this idea. They could make it more interesting by varying the "depths" you can dive down and explore, and as you go deeper and deeper you encounter different pokemon and the area could become more and more dark. And maybe if you have a pokemon with flash, that could make things visible again and attract more wild pokemon...

RoySceptile

Bakaner
- Battle themes like Guzma's, the Lake Guardians and the two trios from Gen 5

- Less emphasis on the cover legend, at least in terms of the main story. It's getting pretty predictable.

- Make the standard 'Gyms --> Evil team --> Legendary --> E4' less predictable or make the story that follows this formula not be about actual battle institutions like Gyms and the E4. So like instead of 'Collect 8 Badges & challenge the E4' deal we could just move from area to area as the story demands and important battles could act as Gyms; I would definitely try to keep the enemies human just so that there is a chance for character development and all that. Maybe in one of the areas you fight a gauntlet of enemies without a trainer or something.
Just hope they keep it interesting.

- Massively tone down the amount of times the game takes control away from the player. Unskippable cutscenes, Z-move animations (personally hope they don't return), things like having to wait for Nurse Joy to nod before being able to move after healing your Pokes.

- Make me like my allies because of what they do and say and not because they're always smiling or breathing down my neck every 2 routes. Like Silver starts out as an ass but you get to see he just wants to be a good trainer; moments like fighting Lance & Claire with Silver really help his development and you start to like him. The rival doesn't have to be an edgy/rude guy to get development.
Personally like Cheren because I think he starts as a really 'in theory' kind of guy (so he's very well-read) and thinks too much about the small details. By the end he's starting to feel what it's like to trust in your Pokes and go from there; the knowledge he has really compliments this when things do click. He also turns into a Gym Leader later and you can see he has matured from what he was like at the end of B/W.

- Make Pokes have unique quirks in their animations like the Stadium/Colosseum games did. Look at Mewtwo's flinch animation, Kirlia's death animation, Vigoroth's physical attack animation; the list is endless. Sadly, this is probably a dream since we've almost doubled in the amount of Pokes since Battle Revolution.

- Bring back the National Dex and have the option to display either that or the regional ones if they return.

- And actually one of my BIGGEST wants is standard evolutions for previous Pokes.

I think that's all right now.

Also buff Meganium pls

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
- Less emphasis on the cover legend, at least in terms of the main story. It's getting pretty predictable.

That was part of what was so weird about gen7. Even though you saw Cosmog from the start. And then that breif bit with Cosmoem, which lead to our time with Solgaleo or Lunala....

...the box legends never felt that important they just felt like they happened to be there. The real focus was the UBs.... And even then not too too much.

I know its farfetched and we’ve only just visited a tropical region, but I want Philippines to become the next region.

They can divide it into three regions sharing the same starters, league, pokemon, and legendaries, but they are fighting what is the best region resulting to misunderstanding and other problems.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’d like the next region to be based on either the savannah/deserts of Africa, Australia, the Amazon complete with a rainforest and river, or another northern region based on Canada and Alaska with glaciers and ice floes.

DSDark

Breeder
I’d like the next region to be based on either the savannah/deserts of Africa, Australia, the Amazon complete with a rainforest and river, or another northern region based on Canada and Alaska with glaciers and ice floes.

I've been thinking that Africa would be great for a region. A very Diverse area; desserts, jungles, mountains, cities, tribal areas, etc. There's so much that Africa could offer for a region.

Acer11

I've been thinking that Africa would be great for a region. A very Diverse area; desserts, jungles, mountains, cities, tribal areas, etc. There's so much that Africa could offer for a region.
Don't forget that Egypt is part of Africa too. Madagascar as well.

Nodame

Misty <3
I wish we don't get many Legendary/mythical Pokemon in Gen 8. I never really cared for them since I don't use any on my team, I believe they're overpowered.