• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Region Hopes and Dreams

Orphalesion

I just don’t want the day/night to be connected to your current local time ( Switch Clock).

^This. It's annoying when work/school/uni only leaves you time to play at night and you have to basically spend the whole game in darkness. In Pokemon sun I solved it by tempering with the 3DS' clock, not sure whether that's possible with the switch.

I'd rather see something where day and night change in regular intervals, independent of and faster than real live.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
^This. It's annoying when work/school/uni only leaves you time to play at night and you have to basically spend the whole game in darkness.
LOLL I've been there lmao

DSDark

Breeder
LOLL I've been there lmao

This, every game this. I have Moon so I was actually lucky in that the day and night cycle was flipped. The game should ask during the professor's intro, do you play more at night or during the day and would you like the cycle to match or be the opposite.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Day/night is alright.
Seasons would be great.

But here is the thing, it doesn't matter if they don't do more with it.

Let's do more with both when it comes to trainers, wild Pokemon, etc. Then... Bring back gen6/7's hotels, and let us stay at them to to change time of day or season. (Also change seasons to run in 1 week spurts.)

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Day/night is alright.
Seasons would be great.

But here is the thing, it doesn't matter if they don't do more with it.

Let's do more with both when it comes to trainers, wild Pokemon, etc. Then... Bring back gen6/7's hotels, and let us stay at them to to change time of day or season. (Also change seasons to run in 1 week spurts.)

Seasons coming back would be good, though I think the monthly cycles are still fine (real world seasons are too slow to change) and that annoying popup that tells you the season every time you move an inch in gen 5 NEEDS to go.

Kdude146

I would like to see a Canadian region but I know that's not likely going to be the case for gen 8 but maybe in the future. I say for gen 8 my top two pick are either The UK or Spain. Something I think they should do in the game is make the starting town be in the northern part of the region because they haven't done that in a Pokemon game yet.

Orphalesion

I would like to see a Canadian region but I know that's not likely going to be the case for gen 8 but maybe in the future. I say for gen 8 my top two pick are either The UK or Spain. Something I think they should do in the game is make the starting town be in the northern part of the region because they haven't done that in a Pokemon game yet.

At this point with zero information, why wouldn't it be a province of Canada? Which brings me to my nexrt question: Which Canadian province would you like to see turned into a Pokemon region?

My favorite would be B.C. Temperate Rain Forests and all.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
At this point with zero information, why wouldn't it be a province of Canada? Which brings me to my nexrt question: Which Canadian province would you like to see turned into a Pokemon region?

My favorite would be B.C. Temperate Rain Forests and all.

I know next to nothing about Canada but one of them starts with a Q, right?

That one.

Orphalesion

That one.

Most of what I know about Canada comes from Canadian friends and South Park/TV so....

Yeah one of them in named Quebec, and it's Francophone, very traditional and houses a lot of Canada's military. One of them is called Newfoundland and sounds kinda like a less developed/colder version of Ireland and one is called B.C., is kinda the "young" "hip" part of Canada and has all those really nice, temperate rain forests with all those ferns and moss hanging from the trees and stuff.

Ultra Beast Lover

No more warm regions, at least for one Generation. Like it doesn't have to be cold but I don't want it like Alola. I'd like a dad, maybe a brother or a sister who's a gym leader. And since I've accepted that Orre likely won't come back I want one of the following: A hoverbike or a Pokemon that I can ride that hovers, a lab run by the evil team, the ability to blow up one base, or a travel companion.

If we get a travel companion I don't want them to be like Rotom Dex who, in USUM, was a combination of anime Iris, first season Misty, and Max rolled into a Pokedex. This person would be customizable and they have the following uses: dowsing, hint, help option, sidequest menu, bank account (a fun little feature from Gen 2, you decide how much you deposit), heal mid gym, map. They'd probably be kidnapped and have an opinion on you that changes depending on the following factors before they're taken: most responses to them are "..." and you don't talk to them at least three times (they aren't my friend, I just tag along), most responses to them are "..." but you do use their features at least three times before the event (they only need my assistance, we aren't friends), you mostly respond to them but only use their services twice (They're my friend but I'm no use to them), mostly respond and use services at least three times (they're my friend, we help each other out). Then there's the joke one, use each service ten times in a row and always respond to them with something other than "..." (I don't know, they're my friend but kind of weak on their own...just kidding!)

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer

That one.

At last... I never thought I'd get to use this... I took a History of Canada course as an undergrad. Basically, Canada is the United States little brother that never got into a fight with dad, is oddly proud of its scant connections to the grisly European slave trade (even though it's hands are essentially as dirty, just less involved), and has an endearing, unassailable goofy sense of self-pride for being the world's "third wheel" as it were.

Quebec is basically a French satellite, so if you wanted to experience it from a cultural perspective, it would be a Kalos reboot. Not sure about geography.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
At last... I never thought I'd get to use this... I took a History of Canada course as an undergrad. Basically, Canada is the United States little brother that never got into a fight with dad, is oddly proud of its scant connections to the grisly European slave trade (even though it's hands are essentially as dirty, just less involved), and has an endearing, unassailable goofy sense of self-pride for being the world's "third wheel" as it were.

Quebec is basically a French satellite, so if you wanted to experience it from a cultural perspective, it would be a Kalos reboot. Not sure about geography.

Dude I literally live in a prison country.

I just like the letter Q.

Ultra Beast Lover

Seasons were nice but kinda annoying, however I would like for there to be various climates for the Deerling to change their form because I miss the fall form. I'm also still dead set on a ghost town and maybe a hint towards N's parents. Also, poacher headquarters. Imagine it, we infiltrate a lair filled with Pokemon in cages and Pokeballs scattered around and fight a boss at the end. Also, maybe a little town you can customize in the post game that the Champion, Elite Four, Gym Leaders, Rivals, and Professor stay at every once in a while allowing you to battle them

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Maybe I could see an England, Scotland, and Ireland based region with a little bit of Wales. Also a China or India region. With an Indian region, they could bring a peacock into Pokémon.

DSDark

Breeder
Maybe I could see an England, Scotland, and Ireland based region with a little bit of Wales. Also a China or India region. With an Indian region, they could bring a peacock into Pokémon.

Why would the region not include Wales, but include ireland?

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Why would the region not include Wales, but include ireland?
I would also want maybe a portion of Wales is what I said in the above post. Definitely could come up with some interesting story lines.