• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Region Hopes and Dreams

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
it's been at least four years if the pc is ten and they moved when they were 6

The PCs have never been 10, that's an anime rule. They're always minimum 11 averaging around 12-13ish.

Death is a really heavy thing to dump on the player immediately... why couldn't your family just want to move back...?

RasenPoKeimon

The PCs have never been 10, that's an anime rule. They're always minimum 11 averaging around 12-13ish.

Death is a really heavy thing to dump on the player immediately... why couldn't your family just want to move back...?

Would be nice if for once you can pick how old you. Like anywhere between 11 to 18. It would work even with the friends I think since a lot of the time 18 yr olds in anime look super young. Heck I think the BW protags were 16 at least

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Would be nice if for once you can pick how old you. Like anywhere between 11 to 18. It would work even with the friends I think since a lot of the time 18 yr olds in anime look super young. Heck I think the BW protags were 16 at least

The BW pro protags were ~14 according to interviews. While I wouldn't mind picking my age, I'd be happy with a height slider and a couple facial hair options. Leave it vague so I don't have my mid-20s ass age listed amongst my child ingame rivals. Honestly I'm not even comfortable if 18 is the max... I'm happy being an obscenely tall, bearded 11ish year old.

RasenPoKeimon

The BW pro protags were ~14 according to interviews. While I wouldn't mind picking my age, I'd be happy with a height slider and a couple facial hair options. Leave it vague so I don't have my mid-20s ass age listed amongst my child ingame rivals. Honestly I'm not even comfortable if 18 is the max... I'm happy being an obscenely tall, bearded 11ish year old.

Maybe not 11 but I have seen 13 yr olds with a lot of facial hair in rl and it is weird to say the least

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The youngest a game protagonist has been is 11. I'm expecting the protags to be about 11-12 years old in these games.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Height sliders would be cool.
Honestly, if they decide to go with customization options, they could just set your rivals/family around the parameters you choose, like having a dark-skinned mother if you pick that, or taller rivals if you choose to go for more height.
I don't think we're gonna get that though.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
If the new region is the UK...than will the new of the region end with 'OS' like 'Kalos' because it/was a part of europe?
Or will it have it's own thing end the end...because of the Brexit?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If the new region is the UK...than will the new of the region end with 'OS' like 'Kalos' because it/was a part of europe?
Or will it have it's own thing end the end...because of the Brexit?
The four Japanese regions' names didn't share an ending.

ebevan91

Maybe not 11 but I have seen 13 yr olds with a lot of facial hair in rl and it is weird to say the least

I had classmates in middle school at that age that had full beards.

I'm almost 28 years old and I can barely grow facial hair at all except for my chin and a little bit of mustache.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I've been thinking and I would really like to see a tournament much like the animé has as an option to be given the right to challenge the Elite Four. I would at least have it be an option, with Victory Road still being allowed as a means of challenging the Elite Four. In the tournament setting, I would allow teams to change and have the scale progress from two-on-two, to three-on-three, to eventually having six-on-six in the later rounds. The later rounds would also be quite challenging, comparable to competing against a battle facility leader. Your teams would be healed after each battle and you would be able to change your teams around after each battle. The challengers' Pokémon would scale to an average of your own Pokémon levels, but the algorithm would ignore any Pokémon that is ten levels below your highest level Pokémon. In addition, if you go this route, when you face the Elite Four, their Pokémon levels would scale to your highest level Pokémon and they would have a minimum level of 60, with the Champion having a minimum level of 70.