• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Starters Evolution and Secondary Typing Predictions

Illusio

No words, only rage
generally I do not put much stock in starter leaks, however what is the general opinion on these

D17WdTjWoAAfPvf.jpg

If these were real, then these would be my least favorite starters. The only one I like is Sobble.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
As unlikely as it may be, I'd love for them to end up as fairy, steel, dragon. Not sure which would end up which. But it would fit the theme of the region really well.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
They are confirmed fake.
that makes me happy. i was find with sobble's and scorbunny's although they looked like a cross between middle and last stages, but grookey's looks awful and why would they not do anything with the stick? esp since that was the first thing we saw about it in the trailer, and after the stick tapping, grass regrew.

aa_623

Lol is the scorbunny evvo based on the easter bunny with those eggs? Do they explode or something?

Orphalesion

Personally I think those were the least convincing fakes since the Sutdio Ghibli looking ones....

I see you're forgetting that things have to start somewhere.

And I see you interpret a lot into a simple opinion. Plus....so? Only because something was "first" I have to like it?

Also, Gens 1 and 2 steered way closer to real life than later Gens.

Even if that were the case...so? What does that have to do with a Tortoise with water cannons under its shell?

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
It’s got those swirly things on its body.

... And? Would you call Blastoise over designed because it's shell has segments? Or how about togepi because it has triangles on it's shell? It's a super simple swirl design on a super simple pokemon.

Edit: It just occurred to me that this is probs sarcasm. Oops!

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
"Overdesigned" and "underdesigned" are just another way of saying "I don't like this Pokemon." It really all comes down to personal preference, and neither option is objectively better or worse than the other. Personally, I have no preference either way. If I like them, I like them.

I will say I do tend to gravitate toward the more elegant, feminine designs like Delphox and Primarina. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the complexity of a design.

Thinking about it, if I have any preference toward the newer starters, that may be the reason why. The older generations really had no option for a more elegant, feminine starter arguably outside of Blaziken in Gen III.

Last edited:

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I have mixed preferences with Pokemon design. For starters' final evolutions:
Gen 1: Charizard and Venusaur (love both, can't go wrong with either)
Gen 2: Feraligatr with Typhlosion as second
Gen 3: Liked all final evolutions and base forms
Gen 4: Empoleon (others are okay, but Empoleon...Love it!)
Gen 5: Serperior (elegant, kingly snake is great. Would hav elike Samurott better if it had been bipedal like the previous forms)
Gen 6: Delphox (I get why people don like, but stop with the hate. Greninja is cool. Dislike Chesnaught for some reason)
Gen 7: Primarina (Same with Delphox. I like Incineroar too but liked Torracat better. Deducideye is nice as well)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
"Overdesigned" and "underdesigned" are just another way of saying "I don't like this Pokemon." It really all comes down to personal preference, and neither option is objectively better or worse than the other. Personally, I have no preference either way. If I like them, I like them.

I will say I do tend to gravitate toward the more elegant, feminine designs like Delphox and Primarina. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the complexity of a design.

Thinking about it, if I have any preference toward the newer starters, that may be the reason why. The older generations really had no option for a more elegant, feminine starter arguably outside of Blaziken in Gen III.
We've never had a very clearly feminine starter evolution until Primarina in Sun & Moon.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
We've never had a very clearly feminine starter evolution until Primarina in Sun & Moon.
Um, Delphox? Being based on the Oracle at Delphi and all. And Braixen is a magical girl.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Um, Delphox? Being based on the Oracle at Delphi and all. And Braixen is a magical girl.
Delphox is more unisex, although Braixen is very clearly feminine. Delphox is based on magic users in general (witches and wizards) and it is wearing a robe, not a dress.