• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 8 Starters Evolution and Secondary Typing Predictions

xEryChan

Demon Child
I personally loved Incineroar’s typing so I would be more than okay with another Fire/Dark typing. As for the other two.

I could see another Water/Steel type like Empoleon and I’d like another Grass/Fighting like Chestnaught.

fukamaru

Sobble - Might be based on a boggart (aka boggle). In English mythology they are spirits found in marshlands and have a tendency to make things disappear. "Sobble" including "Sob" indicates some sort of emotional focus, typical of ghost types. - Water/Ghost
Scorbunny - Might relate to soccer/football, with the face and foot pads and the name maybe inspired by "score." It's described as energetic. There a few other possibilities here, but I think the description and the design point to one more than the others. - Fire/Electric
Grookey - People are pointing out that the affect Grookey has on the burnt grass comes from his banging on a rock with a stick. I see a lot of things in Grookey's name, but I'm going to stick with a theory I heard earlier. It's tied to sound, and it's name is playing off "groove" and "groovy." - Grass/Sound
Are u serious? There is no need to add new pokemon type so stop to fantasy about fake things.

It's not even revealed, this stupid type. Omg

Grookey is a physical kind of a pokemon (maybe from a hockey playing). It's obvious has a part of fighting (look at passimian or a timber line) type. But a fire rabbit looks like a fighting type too. But not your stupid fake sound type.

Last edited:

Zaide

Sobble : water poison
Grookey : grass ground
Scorbunny : GIVE ME MY FIREY FAIRY FURRY BUNNY

DannyDark

I'm gonna go with..

Fire/Fighting.. The cliche plaster above the nose, and the speed/strength of its mad hops. Then again that would make it a Lopunny clone but we'll see! Fingers crossed for Poke Big Chungus.

Grass/Dark - Could definitely see a Pancham-esque evolution in terms of looks, turning into a thug with a club or a good ol' british constable with a baton, in which case maybe Grass/Fighting.

Water/Fairy or Water/Psychic - Just to further the ability to disappear, either the mystical aspect with Fairy or illusion aspect with Psychic. Could also see pure Water honestly.

Waalchastazoor

If a sound type will be revealed someday, I will agree with u. But at least now, it's a useless discussion.

It's not a useless discussion if it's inevitable. I thought the theory of Sylveon being a Fairy type was retarded, and look where we are.

Normal Pokemon should not have stab on sound-based moves. There are Pokemon with abilities that specifically give them immunity from sound-based moves. There's no reason for it not to exist. It's completely reasonable to suspect it will arrive with a new generation.

Friendshipper

Gotta Love 'Em All

Bunny- Fire/Fighting (oh no), Fire/Electric (it looks like a clone!pikachu), Fire/Fairy (I wish).
Sobble- Water/Ghost (invisible), Water/Electric (for its yellow head thing) Water/Dragon (I wish).
Grookey- aaaaaaahh.. I don't know, Grass/Rock? Grass/Ground? Grass/Normal?

fukamaru

It's not a useless discussion if it's inevitable. I thought the theory of Sylveon being a Fairy type was retarded, and look where we are.

Normal Pokemon should not have stab on sound-based moves. There are Pokemon with abilities that specifically give them immunity from sound-based moves. There's no reason for it not to exist. It's completely reasonable to suspect it will arrive with a new generation.
ТыебанутыйилиКак? It's just ur opinion. I will waiting for more news than just speculating about fake types

Waalchastazoor

ТыебанутыйилиКак? It's just ur opinion. I will waiting for more news than just speculating about fake types

Not sure you understand the point of this thread.

Sound exists mechanically in the games at this point. Sound-based Pokemon get stab with them being Normal moves, some Pokemon are immune to sound, specifically. The games are weaker for not distinguishing sound from Normal, and it becomes more apparent every generation.

fukamaru

Sound exists mechanically in the games at this point. Sound-based Pokemon get stab with them being Normal moves, some Pokemon are immune to sound, specifically. The games are weaker for not distinguishing sound from Normal, and it becomes more apparent every generation.
Guys pls say to this user that he talk about not real things, it's stupid. I think he can't understand my point, I don't like to talk about fake info

Waalchastazoor

Guys pls say to this user that he talk about not real things, it's stupid. I think he can't understand my point, I don't like to talk about fake info

Everything I've said is true, except my speculation about the starter types.

You should be able to handle a difference in opinion on that. I'm simply placing my bets on something less common. Not unheard of, less common.

fukamaru

Everything I've said is true, except my speculation about the starter types.

You should be able to handle a difference in opinion on that. I'm simply placing my bets on something less common. Not unheard of, less common.
No need for sound or another type. A fairy type was created to make a dragon type a less strong.

We could get a new type at future but I doubt it will exist at gen 8.

Last edited:

DMB1985

Sound moves aren't linked to the Normal type though. We've got Sparkling Aria (Water), Clanging Scales (Dragon), Snarl (Dark) and a few more beyond that. Sound is just another mechanic within the battle system. There isn't really any reason to believe it will ever exist as a separate type.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I've read it everywhere and I can't see Scorbunny becoming Fire/Electric. Too much of a mix of two elements.

Dragon Pulse

I was thinking of ways Scorbunny could be Fire/Fairy, particularly since I just can't see it. However, what if it became a cheerleader? It could maintain its energetic characteristics while being cute (not to say a Fairy Pokémon can't not be cute, I just don't really see it with the way Scorbunny is going).

Waalchastazoor

Sound moves aren't linked to the Normal type though. We've got Sparkling Aria (Water), Clanging Scales (Dragon), Snarl (Dark) and a few more beyond that. Sound is just another mechanic within the battle system. There isn't really any reason to believe it will ever exist as a separate type.

There are a lot more sound moves that are Normal type. You could argue that certain moves belong in different types. And there are moves now that are nearly dual-type like Scald.

DMB1985

There are a lot more sound moves that are Normal type. You could argue that certain moves belong in different types. And there are moves now that are nearly dual-type like Scald.

That might be the case but that's because most of them are generic moves. The fact that we are seeing sound based moves of other types as well as sound based abilities without the existence of a sound type is a pretty good indication that Game Freak have little to no interest of making it a separate type.