• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Legendaries - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Discuss the new Legendary Pokemon here.
Any discussion on non-Gen 9 Legendary Pokemon should be done on the Gen 9 Pokedex Thread.

Bus

Man...I'm going with Scarlet because I like the sound of the color (and the color itself) better, but Violet's Legend looks really cool. I think the motorcycle tire sticks out a bit too much on Scarlet's legend.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
"Koraidon" might be based on "古来" (Korai), meaning
"from time immemorial; ancient; time-honoured; time-honored"

While, "Miraidon" might be based on "未来" (Mirai), meaning "future; future existence; world beyond the grave; the world to come"

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Honestly my favourite legendary designs ever. Colours are damn good and the contrast bweteen them looks insanely good to me, a lot of details etc. Now please have good typings.
99.99% Dragon/Fighting and Dragon/Electric as the most popular leak.

Copley Hill Gym

Past and Future tenses. I reckon the professors give a real hint to the aims of the game and the legendaries - they match the legendaries in terms of their clothing and colours used. One looks like a focus on palaeontology and the other a focus on technological development. It's like Jurassic Park VS Star Trek in Pokemon form and I am all here for that.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm not really feeling these legendaries yet and I think it's because they're obviously going to transform into vehicles.

Noy

something about ice at the end of the trailer... is the 3rd legendary, ice type? Can it ... "Freeze Time" ...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
They look like stylish motorbikes. Can't wait to ride them.
I love both designs but I'm a Miraidon fan right now.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
...So, Koraidon has long antennae/horns that look like handlebars and what appears to be a tire in its chest. Miraidon has jet boosters for legs. Are...are they going to fuse into some kind of bike?

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Well I seen the new trailer and (sigh) I am feeling mixed on it. On hand it does look better than the last trailer with the graphics, there are some new Pokémon that I haven't seen before, and of course it has that Legends Arceus feel to it so I know for a fact its going to be open world, but still part of me is still worried that they are going back to their routes of Pokémon. I still have no idea what the story is and if there is a new evil team we have to deal with and if we are going back to fighting gym leaders and becoming champion yet again.

I could be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong so I am still giving this game the benefit of the doubt that it can be better than Sword and Shield. The new legendries look pretty cool and its coming out by November 18, 2022 (I wont be surprised if it gets delayed though)

Pokemon Power

OK, since Koraidon seems to represent the past, and Miraidon represents the future, I'm thinking that the third member of the trio will represent the present in some way.

Golden_Arcanine

OK, since Koraidon seems to represent the past, and Miraidon represents the future, I'm thinking that the third member of the trio will represent the present in some way.
So the question is does the last scene with the PokeBall represent it? Either Ice or Steel?

TRNRLogan

Honestly don't like the designs. To me they're trying too hard to look cool.