• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Legendaries - Discussion/Speculation Thread

From what we have seen so far I think I like Miraidon the most, although the gap between them is not that great in my opinion.
I feel like Miraidon incorporated the vehicle elements more seamlessly. Koraidon's neck wheel stands out a bit too much. Would have preferred to not get draconic cover legendaries but they're alright. Hope they stay this way and don't literally turn into bikes or the like.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I welcome our new Transformers dragons with open arms! Miraidon is my favorite! I’m 99% sure Violet is going to be my main game—the SF nerd in me says so. I prefer Sada’s design, though.

Eh, I’m getting both versions, so it doesn’t matter that much.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Yugioh monsters appear in Pokemon.

"Koraidon and Miraidon fusion summon into Slifer the Sky Dragon" :cool:

Missingno.Fan

The new mascots are cool. I’m getting Zekrom/Reshiram vibes from them. I’m also 99% certain that they can morph into rideable vehicles.

Orphalesion

I'm not usually a fan of Legendaries, but those two actually look really cool this time around. Both are awesome, but right now Miraidon better. I also like purple better, so that would work out really well, if only the rest of the version exclusives work out...

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
The more I look at those two, the more I like them. Easily my favorite box legendaries yet.
Could be the hype speaking, but the simple fact I am hyped over legendaries instead of just completely apathetic already places them on a league of their own.

Overall I prefer Koraidon with the very legitimate lizard feeling it has (the vocal sac, the wide head, the frills, the membranes between the fingers), but Miraidon looks amazing too and I love the effect on its iris

Orphalesion

The more I look at those two, the more I like them. Easily my favorite box legendaries yet.
Could be the hype speaking, but the simple fact I am hyped over legendaries instead of just completely apathetic already places them on a league of their own.
Agreed! I usually don't care about the box legendaries at all, but these ones look freaking awesome.

Combined with the fact that I also like all the three other Pokemon revealed in this trailer (how could I not like Pokemon named Lechonk and Smolive?) makes me very optimistic for Gen 9.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Koraidon definitely looked more cooler to me at first glance but now that tire in its design is becoming a bit jarring lol
Still think I'd pick it over Miraidon, which still looks cool

Ultra Beast Lover

It's hard to say though I hope they become rideable motorcycles. If that happens then I'll choose the one that floats, if both float then I might go with Miraidon.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
If the designs weren't indicators enough that we can ride these two.

Look at their names

Koraidon:

Korai=Ancient, Raido=Ride and Don=Lord

Anicent Ride Lord

Miraidon

Mirai=Future, Raido=Ride and Don=Lord

Future Ride Lord

Really fun

Baggie_Saiyan

Man these were so refreshing after the lame dogs in SwSh. Glad we're back to Dragons too!

Right now I am leaning more towards the Scarlet one but Violet is cool too

World Turtle

So the theme is Past and Future, but more than that their designs suggest they're the legendary pokemon version of traveler gods. The Past Legendary has a wheel while the the Future Legendary has jet engines. So travel by land or travel by air. Does that mean the third legendary will be a boat dragon to represent travel by sea?

aerial_ace

I was swaying towards violet based on just the colours before this trailer and now i am 100% sure i am going to play violet as my main game. Miraidon looks SICK !! I find the futuristic look of it absolutely amazing. Koraidon is cool as well but to me it looks more like regional pseudo legend than the mascot, don't know what it is but i find the design lacking that extra cool factor a lot of these box legends have. I think it is safe to say electric dragon and fighting dragon are the typings and the games will have past and future theme going on

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Prefer the look of Miraidon though Koraidon also looks good. From their appearance it looks like past vs future is going to be a central part of the story (Koraidon has a more organic appearance compared to Miraidon).

TRNRLogan

Don't really like these legends. Though legendary pokemon designs have been VERY hit or miss for me since gen 4.

Sidenote do these guys remind anyone else about the cartoon Dragon Booster?

Noy

So the theme is Past and Future, but more than that their designs suggest they're the legendary pokemon version of traveler gods. The Past Legendary has a wheel while the the Future Legendary has jet engines. So travel by land or travel by air. Does that mean the third legendary will be a boat dragon to represent travel by sea?
note that Miridon also has a puffy neck with a tread like pattern; and, Koraidon has feathers. presumably they both can fly and race across the land.